PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Paradise hotel??

JordanLotoski
01-12-2007, 09:55 PM
heading down there FEb 24th for a week with my wife and kids...anyone been?

If so please let me know what you thought the good the bad

Thanks

Mike09
01-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey, I went a few years ago but it's been the absolute most amazing place I've ever been.

Definatly won't be disapointed.

Not bad comments at all really. And it's very child friendly so there's lots of things for kids to do too!!

ddmmak
01-14-2007, 03:29 PM
who and how did you book this?? i dont believe its on expedia??

rinny
01-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Funny you mention because we were just there from Dec23-Dec30. As you already know- its expensive. But really...ITS EXPENSIVE! yet it is amazing! I can give you a briefing here, but if you want some more info about the area PM me.

Food and drinks are more than twice the price here for same quality. No joke. My brother and I sat down in the bar for a shot of tequila each. $20 dollar bill. Pretty well any meal is over $20, and food/drinks are the main source of income drainage.

Shitty thing is, you are relatively far from any cheap food. $20 dollar cab ride into town (for 4), $20 back for any cheaper food. When you go, save big money on food and check out this little strip mall. There is a 24hr cafe there with decent food for way cheaper prices than Atlantis. To get there on a shortcut, walk past the harborside to where the shops are, keep going until you hit a road. You will see a police station across the traffic circle, and its to the left of the station. Go there for breakfast/lunch/late night snack.

Dont go to the all you can eat buffet at Atlantis. Sub par food for too many $$. Check out Bahamian Grill.

When you go to the beach nearby, have a rum-filled coconut from Lionel. Hes a black guy in a blue shirt with a red hat- cant mistake the red hat. Carries a box on his head with all the goods, and these coconuts get you fucked up.

The slides get packed mid-day. Best to go early morning.

Nassau- CHEAP liquor, i suggest if your getting liquor to pick up a couple bottles and keep them on ice at your room. Make a drink and walk around the resort, make a gatorade bottle full and bring to beach. Any drinks are at least 10 bucks each for a single.

Go to the Fish Fry. Defiantely some good food. Check out Seafood Haven. Its the more recommended place to go and has pretty good food, but shitty service (by the way, all of Bahamas will have shitty service compared to here.)

Its too bad that you guys are going at that time, as the dolphin deal will be finished in March. There is tons of construction going on around there, as they are expanding the resort. However, you're kids will have a blast as is, depending how old they are you should be able to leave them to do their own thing and go sit by the pool (or the "Royal Bath" as its called).

Hope you guys enjoy your time. And I also hope you bring a fat wallet. Im not exaggerating.

rinny
01-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Which towers are you staying in by the way?

CappyMcSlappy
01-21-2007, 08:34 PM
A trip to the bahamas would be amazing right now - just got the first snow of the season here in DC... Plus the Bahamavention commercials have been planting ideas in my head - I saw the atlantis one with the dreamer kid but these are way better. They're really funny too - so's the whole website videos (http://www.bahamavention.com/bahamavention/success_stories.aspx)
I'll probably looking for a less expensive place than atlantis though.