PDA

View Full Version : David Copperfield show

93mr2gt
01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
did anyone go see the show tonight? it was insane....worth every penny....

00redLUDE
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Went to the show on the 13th. Nice show. Only thing I was able to figure out was the duck in the bucket trick but nothing else. Anybody have any ideas how the other illusions worked?

redevil
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE
Went to the show on the 13th. Nice show. Only thing I was able to figure out was the duck in the bucket trick but nothing else. Anybody have any ideas how the other illusions worked?

Care to explain that trick? I was in the front row when I saw that show in Vegas and I still couldn't figure it out.

danno
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
went to it tonight it was pretty good no complaints. i would love to know how any of the tricks were done.

lint
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
was at the show tonight as well. A little dissapointed, but I was really hoping to see the in the open saw in half and the flying.

there are 2 sides to the bucket. He opened one side to show it was empty, but pulled the duck out of the other side.

redevil
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by lint
was at the show tonight as well. A little dissapointed, but I was really hoping to see the in the open saw in half and the flying.

there are 2 sides to the bucket. He opened one side to show it was empty, but pulled the duck out of the other side.

Sounds that simple huh....

:dunno:

00redLUDE
01-15-2007, 02:09 AM
^^^^ YUP!

lint
01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by redevil

Sounds that simple huh....

:dunno:

It is that simple. The "WOW" is all in the presentation.

DonJuan
01-15-2007, 10:52 AM
seemed to me like he had that duck up his sleeve. Although in the slo-mo replay, you could clearly see a stage hand wearing black quickly run onto the stage and move the duck from the box to the bucket. :D That was actually pretty funny:rofl: Anyone care to explain the appearing lincoln? I maintain it wasn't a real car (obviously) but it's still pretty large to have appear like that.

natejj
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I saw the show. It was really good, hes a great illusionist.

Whitetiger
01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
What about the Hawaii thing... that was :werd:

93mr2gt
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
i believe the audience participant was his own man for the duck, because for 2 shows in a row, it was the same guy, doing the same slow motion run back to his seat after too....(my friend went to the one on sat and i asked him how that guy looked like, and it was pretty similar.) so i mean chances are when that guy was checking the bucket, the duck is already in there lol.

As for the one he was in Austrailia, i believe he might have used some kind of computer editing, filming david copperfield and the girl on the stage and then editing it onto the computer to create that effect. But i have no idea how he all of a sudden appear in the middle of the auditorium.

My friend was selected to participate in the lottery number trick, and she said it was amazing, david copperfield guessed her bday and the 2 numbers she picked. She also got the cassette tape from him with his autograph, which is pretty neat.

I thought the very last show with the 10 people on the stage all of a sudden disappearing was pretty cool too, i dont get how he did that one at all. Same as the one where he was in the box and he was stretching and shirnking himself to like 2 ft tall lol...

mac_gurl
01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 93mr2gt
i believe the audience participant was his own man for the duck, because for 2 shows in a row, it was the same guy, doing the same slow motion run back to his seat after too....(my friend went to the one on sat and i asked him how that guy looked like, and it was pretty similar.) so i mean chances are when that guy was checking the bucket, the duck is already in there lol.

I don't agree with you... My fiance was asked to take part in the show, and turned them down, but we watched who they picked, and kept an eye on the guy. He ended up doing the duck part. He did have to go back stage for a couple of minutes, so im sure he was taught what to do