PDA

View Full Version : cowards! I'm out for blood!

Annoyingrob
01-13-2007, 08:15 AM
So I went out to my buddy's house around 6pm to hang out, and play some video games. I get back out to my car around 5am, and think "Hey, I didn't park my car at this much of an angle". I walk around to the front, there's nothing out of the ordinary, then my buddy I was giving a ride home just goes "Dude, what the fuck". I run around to see the entire front half of my car is fucking bent and scraped to shit.

Somebody fucking hit my car, and drove off. Needless to say, I'm fucking PISSED OFF.

Here's a re-enactment. After I went, woke my friend up, and got him and his camera out to the scene, I parked (more or less) where I was, then we started taking pictures. Here you can clearly see the tire tracks going right into my car. Somebody took the corner too fast, and understeered into my car.
http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident5.JPG

This would be the passenger side (RHD car)
http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident1.JPG

http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident2.JPG

I drove my buddy home, then went back to the scene. I'm so pissed off, I just drove around the neighbourhood looking at every single car in the dark. It was pretty much a side street, nobody would really drive down it unless they lived on it.

I hit paydirt........ :eek:
http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident3.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident4.JPG

I found the car, parked like 100ft down the street. You can clearly see it has scraped something RECENTLY, the bumper is wiped clean. There's so much crap on the roads, you couldn't get 2km before there would be dirt on it again. The height of the damage is consistant too.

I can't believe that people are such COWARDS. Man, this guy dealt with the WRONG person to hit and run. I don't let things like this go easily. You DONT mess with someone's car, period.

I'm contacting the police and insurance in 2 hours when they open up, then I'm going to have a little chat with the owner of the vehicle. He's fucking losing his license over this :whipped:

B17a
01-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I see a confrontation in your future. Go get'em Tiger!:guns:

Mikespecr1
01-13-2007, 08:27 AM
nice job on finding the car:thumbsup:

Toms-SC
01-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Report is as a hit and run dude.

Annoyingrob
01-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Report is as a hit and run dude.
I am reporting it as a hit and run, and I'm giving them the plate number of the vehicle in question, and I'm going to let the police persue it. Then I'm going to go have a little chat with the owner of the vehicle inquiring to the suspisious scrapes on his car.

GenerationX
01-13-2007, 09:05 AM
good job on catchin that asshole man :clap:

khtm
01-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Nice work!! It's good to see someone finally get busted for a hit-and-run. Let us know how it goes. :clap:

schocker
01-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Good sluthing. Pretty sucky that they hit you, but at least you found them, and very quick at that.

ogpog
01-13-2007, 09:41 AM
You should get like 10 other beyond members to accompany you to the door, and make him tremble with the fear of you, and his own stupidity. That is if you dont choose 10 nerdy geeks with stick-man like frames from here.

dave101
01-13-2007, 10:06 AM
ha shit thats like, csi shit going on. nice

Sparx
01-13-2007, 10:08 AM
That's effin harsh dude. Good job catching him though. Someones clearly been watching their CSI lol. Good luck :thumbsup: PM me if you ever need some intimidation factor rolling up on this person :rofl:

TeamBestBud
01-13-2007, 10:10 AM
:thumbsdow

JAYMEZ
01-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Damnit , how dare they touch your Supra... If i was in cowtown i would come to the door with you!!

Boo to losers...:thumbsdow

96GrandAMGT
01-13-2007, 10:19 AM
good work finding the guy who did it....however he wont likly loose his licence over it.... good luck with it...

old&slow
01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Hitting subscribe now!
Good job finding the dick...

dubs20
01-13-2007, 10:33 AM
what a fucking idiot...

sooo dumb... at least hide your car good job get his assssssssss

dubs20
01-13-2007, 10:35 AM
okay the pic of the car that u say hit you...
i dont get it its a pontiac if it dented your car shouldnt his car be
dented also??? cause that shit looks plastic to me... so it would
at least be dented in cracked??

hash
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
isn't that scrape a little low for the point of impact on your car? also, no dents on the plastic bumper or body panel of the vibe? the pics just aren't too clear. not calling you a liar or anything haha.

cmodem
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM
nice work...

but i'm gonna have to stand with dubs... your car seems pretty banged up while his has surface scratches that don't even go beyond the paint coat.

Is there any paint transfer marks on your car where the accident hit you can usually tell the color of the car that hits you by residual paint on both cars.

Sparx
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Vibes have pretty tough body paneling trust me. I backed my aunties into my old car once :banghead: No damage ot the pontiac but my car need a bit of a repair

M_K_3
01-13-2007, 11:05 AM
my dumb sister hit mydads parked truck messed up her hood and my dads truck was fine... im sure that vibe did hit ur car

infected
01-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Good job for finding the car.

l8braker
01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Holy fuck! What a bitch to hit your car and then park his/hers down the street right after.. NO RESPECT!

Keep us updated man

Klobi-1-Kinobi
01-13-2007, 11:43 AM
The exact same thing happened to my last car, to a tee. Hit and run, drivers side quarter pushed in. The difference being that I never caught whoever did it.

I hope you nail this bastard to the wall.

D. Dub
01-13-2007, 12:08 PM
on the upside...its a good excuse for fresh paint :D

spikerS
01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
updates! lets hear em!

TheCheff
01-13-2007, 01:34 PM
fuk Rob thats so shitty lets go smash his windows/his face after work

/////AMG
01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
:thumbsup: to you for searching for the car. Let us know what happens and I hope you fuck him/her over.

tapout
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
crazy :eek: at least you found them good luck :thumbsup:

MintRacer
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll bet it's some 80 yearold grandma

5hift
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by MintRacer
I'll bet it's some 80 yearold grandma

80 year old grandma crusing around at 5 AM hitting cars and taking off? Most likely it was some retard who was drunk, hit your car, and thought driving a block down the street and parking it outside would be enough.

One thing to make sure though, that there wasnt a 3rd car that hit you and this vibe.

andyg16
01-13-2007, 02:14 PM
updates?

2000_SI
01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Lets hope that this guy just owns up to it when the police come talk to him...

Hopefully things work out hastle free for you, since they never seem to for the rest of us :banghead:

izzoblitzo
01-13-2007, 03:00 PM
looking at those pictures, it doesnt look like there's very much damage to the pontiac... his plastic bumpers did that much damage to your car? arnt your fenders made of steel?

Wouldnt his bumpers crack from the cold from damage like that?

I'd expect at least paint loss, and transfer of paint to either vehicle at the least... for plastic to dent metal like that and not have anything more than just a few scuffs, that's some pretty amazing paint.

Palmiros
01-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Updates?

Annoyingrob
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Updates? The police are going and talking to them this afternoon. The police found blue transfer on my car, and if you can see it, there is some black transfer on the other car as well. The police seem to think that the other vehicle was being driven while the driver was impaired. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no reports filed recently of collisions with the vibe. I sure hope he confesses when he's confronted with the damage, by a large police officer at his door.

No, there was no third car. I have pictures of the back of the Vibe, and there's no indication of anything striking it. If he was the victim of another accident, don't you think he would want to contact the police to clear his name?

As for the damage, yes my panels are metal, but you have to keep in mind that the Vibe hit me on a very strong part of his car. The corner of the front pumper is pretty strong, to keep up with the abuse of daily driving.

...Another update as of 30 seconds ago. The police went over, but the car was not there. They left a message on the home phone with the owner.

As for the not losing the license, I'm pretty sure that a hit an run can be punished by a suspension of license, as you left the scene of an accident (with >$1000 damage), without leaving any information, indicating that you were trying to avoid liability in a traffic violation.

Pihsiak
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Another thing to confirm that it was the car is tire pattern.
In the pic i see you got a tire track to you car. Were you able to get the tire pattern so it could match it up to the Vibe?

Good thing hobo had his car parked on the street. The dude could have hit you and then parked in his garage.

Audio_Rookie
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
gaps in tread look similar 2

Sorath
01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
that sucks, ive seen u a couple of times, ur wife once and u another getting gas at the husky on mcleod. the car was in good shape too

adidas
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
keep us updated!

best of luck.

sexualbanana
01-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
that sucks, ive seen u a couple of times, ur wife once and u another getting gas at the husky on mcleod. the car was in good shape too

Stalk much Sorath? lol

Annoyingrob
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
Haha, That wasn't my wife, that was probably my mother. I lent her the car for a week when I went camping with her truck. But yeah, the car is (was) spotless. There isn't even a speck of rust on it.

What may I ask do you drive? Maybe I've seen you too.

shakalaka
01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Awesome CSI stuff mate, that's deffinately good news that you were able to spot the car, or it would have been worse.

Sharpie
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob

Haha, That wasn't my wife, that was probably my mother. I lent her the car for a week when I went camping with her truck. But yeah, the car is (was) spotless. There isn't even a speck of rust on it.

Milf? haha j/k man

But glad you found the guy, Probably in the end would of been better for him if he stayed or wrote a note.

TeamBestBud
01-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Crazy CSI shit man, its really awesome that you had the sense to go and look around to see if any other cars looked like they had crashed. Not alot of people would've been smart enough to do that, and it just makes it easier for the police:thumbsup:

mo_money2supe
01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
For those not believing a simple scratch on a car's bumper can cause over $1000 in damages to another car, I once hit another car going around a slippery corner, causing over $1000 in damages to the other car, and all mine had was a little crack on the front bumper. The only difference was I actually left a note, and fortunately, having my camera with me, took pictures of the damages in case the other guy tried claiming more than what actually happened. The next day he called, we went to the police station, filed reports, insurance, and yadie yadie yada...

My point is, bumper's are meant to take a lot of impact. After all, they are plastic and can flex and yield to quite an extent, more so than metal, so a metal panel will easily damage before any plastic bumper will.

Anyway, Rob, I wish you the best of luck in getting claims for your car. Hope the guy/gal gets caught also. Keep us updated!

Annoyingrob
01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
But glad you found the guy, Probably in the end would of been better for him if he stayed or wrote a note.
Yeah, it would have been better for him. Even if he was drunk, by the time I would have called him, he would have been sober, and the worst he's getting is a slightly increased insurance premium, and a ticket for driving unsafe for the conditions. Hell, I probably would have settled outside of insurance. Now he will most likely receive tickets for wreckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident, those two alone I believe is enough demerrits to suspend his license. On top of that, he will still have the insurance premiums, and quite possibly a criminal record.

old&slow
01-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
For those not believing a simple scratch on a car's bumper can cause over $1000 in damages to another car, I once hit another car going around a slippery corner, causing over $1000 in damages to the other car, and all mine had was a little crack on the front bumper. The only difference was I actually left a note, and fortunately, having my camera with me, took pictures of the damages in case the other guy tried claiming more than what actually happened. The next day he called, we went to the police station, filed reports, insurance, and yadie yadie yada...

My point is, bumper's are meant to take a lot of impact. After all, they are plastic and can flex and yield to quite an extent, more so than metal, so a metal panel will easily damage before any plastic bumper will.

Anyway, Rob, I wish you the best of luck in getting claims for your car. Hope the guy/gal gets caught also. Keep us updated!

Yeah, My kid rearended a subcompact with her Cavalier.Ripped the back end pretty good and tore the bumper off and part of the rear lens. She put too small scratches on her car.
You'd never know to see the scratch that she done so much damage to that little Kia!

shakalaka
01-13-2007, 08:38 PM
^that's true, one of mates rear ended a cab and all the cab had was not even a carck, hell not even a scratch. But his bonnet was pretty much folded in half and the car was a write off. It was a crappy Nissan Micra so that really didn't help either.

swipey13
01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
yeah, sometimes it doesnt look like a little thing can do much damage... i was driving my moms van last year and this tiny little nx decide to turn left into me.... messed up the lower control arm and the half shaft of the van, dented teh crap out of the driver side fender.... the nx.... not even a scratch and was able to drive home after everything was cleared :banghead: this being said, i hope that driver that hit up confesses soon :thumbsup: good luck!

gp36912
01-13-2007, 10:12 PM
ya hope he fesses up too. hell bumpers are really made to take alot of abuse. my parents corolla was rearended 2 years ago by a cavalier, and the trunk on the corolla was messed, same with the bumper. yet the cavalier didnt seem to have any dmg at all.

zieg
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Yowch. Well I'm glad you caught the guy. That's real good thinking to drive around looking for the car. Dont know if I would have thought to do that...

slickk
01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
nice work:thumbsup:

Genjuro
01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
dude the exact same thing happened to me recently... On my bday Right outside my house and i was home. no one gave a shit to knock on my door or left a note. its fucking bs. i hate people in this city.

Cruz
01-14-2007, 12:06 AM
2 things, the first one is off topic:

1) Did that take place in Ranchlands Estates?

2) I would suggest, as Phisiac mentioned, that you go back and take close up pics of the tire tread. Hopefully if this just happened yesterday and it hasn't snowed , you might still get a really good shot. Then when CSI Calgary does their investigation, they can compare the tread to the vehicle in questions. If you're lucky, they may find epithilios at the scene too or maybe some other form of DNA.

Annoyingrob
01-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Cruz
2 things, the first one is off topic:

1) Did that take place in Ranchlands Estates?

2) I would suggest, as Phisiac mentioned, that you go back and take close up pics of the tire tread. Hopefully if this just happened yesterday and it hasn't snowed , you might still get a really good shot. Then when CSI Calgary does their investigation, they can compare the tread to the vehicle in questions. If you're lucky, they may find epithilios at the scene too or maybe some other form of DNA.
1) No, it took place in the soutch west in Ceaderbrae.

2) It started snowing about 3 hours after I took the pictures, so I could not go back to get pics of the tread. This was mentioned earlier in the thread. I will have to look at the high-res versions of the pics, I may be able to get something from them. Unfortunately, my father just left the country, and of all the memory cards to take (we have TONS lying around), he took the one with all of the accident pictures.

D'z Nutz
01-14-2007, 11:21 AM
"The VIBE around here..."

(Look up into the sky and put on your sunglasses)

"...is Rob just got a little more Annoying for this driver..."

(end cheesy Horatio Caine one-liner (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161063) and insert CSI: Miami theme "YEEEEOOOOW....")

Hope your dad doesn't decide to erase your memory card. If he does, make sure he doesn't use it as the images can still be recovered afterwards.

kvanderlaag
01-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Subscribed. Supra Club buddies got each other's backs! You need someone to pull a hit and run in return, it's not like I care about my Celica! =P

Kidding. Jesus Christ I'm kidding. That is so friggin' lame there are no words for it. I've had similar shit happen to me, only difference being I never saw a penny for it and had to pay out of my own pocket to fix it.

I hope you make this fucker eat shit. Nobody touches a JZA and gets away with it!

CivicDXR
01-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
"The VIBE around here..."

(Look up into the sky and put on your sunglasses)

"...is Rob just got a little more Annoying for this driver..."

(end cheesy Horatio Caine one-liner (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161063) and insert CSI: Miami theme "YEEEEOOOOW....")

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

scat19
01-14-2007, 01:10 PM
lets hope for the best.

The Cosworth
01-14-2007, 01:11 PM

Yeah, it would have been better for him. Even if he was drunk, by the time I would have called him, he would have been sober, and the worst he's getting is a slightly increased insurance premium, and a ticket for driving unsafe for the conditions. Hell, I probably would have settled outside of insurance. Now he will most likely receive tickets for wreckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident, those two alone I believe is enough demerrits to suspend his license. On top of that, he will still have the insurance premiums, and quite possibly a criminal record.

unless you can prove he was the one driving it, he wont loose his license or have any demerits.

But he will have one hefty ticket and insurance hikes.

Hopefully it all works out, but I would also suggest not going to see the guy as it could be seen as intimidation and you could get in shit for it especially now you have filed a report

Sorath
01-14-2007, 03:19 PM

red brokeback skyline

Annoyingrob
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

unless you can prove he was the one driving it, he wont loose his license or have any demerits.

But he will have one hefty ticket and insurance hikes.

Hopefully it all works out, but I would also suggest not going to see the guy as it could be seen as intimidation and you could get in shit for it especially now you have filed a report
Actually, that makes sense with the demerits, I never thought about that.

And yeah, after I cooled down, I realized that maybe letting the cops talk to him would be a lot better then me going there myself. Could get in trouble for harassment or something.

Sorath: yeah, I remember that Skyline. Had an interesting exhaust tone IIRC.

I texted my dad, and he called me in Toronto, and said he would email me the pics.

Annoyingrob
01-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Ok, update.

When presented with all of the evidence, the other driver confessed to the hit and run. She claimed that she went door to door to try to find the owner, but the police don't really believe her. Neither do I, as I went door to door wondering if anybody had heard the accident, and nobody knew anything.

Anyways, she was charged with some stuff, the police wouldn't tell me with what exactly. I feel that justice was dealt out appropriately, now I can go din her insurance with a several thousand dollar repair bill for replaceing my fender, straigntening my door, and getting a wheel alignment.

Funny thing was, she didn't even live close to the accident, she must have been visiting a friend. I wonder why she didn't just say "Sorry, I can't come over tonight", and drive off if she was trying to hide from the accident.

Where does she live? The same appartment complex as my girlfriend. Chances are I'll see her around a whole bunch :banghead:

B17a
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Awesome! Glad she got what she had coming to her. I bet she was drunk.

ogpog
01-15-2007, 02:51 PM

Where does she live? The same appartment complex as my girlfriend. Chances are I'll see her around a whole bunch :banghead:

Why should that bother you? You won the ordeal, so just walk with your head high and a little smile on your face everytime you see her. Maybe add in a little "and dont let me catch you again!".

Annoyingrob
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ogpog
Why should that bother you?
Maybe she'll hit me again.

ogpog
01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
lol, good point.

B17a
01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Some people are unbelievable. There's a colleague of mine who's bimmer got hit on the side like yours in his office parkade. Its all assigned parking keep in mind. So they went to the security cameras and saw who it was. They confronted her, she denied, the informed her she's the only one who could have hit that car at that angle given the parking lot arrangement. She still denied, then they told her about the video tape.....she finally bucked up. Un real! and get this, she was a lawyer of all people!!:whipped:

Gravy_83
01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Some people are unbelievable. There's a colleague of mine who's bimmer got hit on the side like yours in his office parkade. Its all assigned parking keep in mind. So they went to the security cameras and saw who it was. They confronted her, she denied, the informed her she's the only one who could have hit that car at that angle given the parking lot arrangement. She still denied, then they told her about the video tape.....she finally bucked up. Un real! and get this, she was a lawyer of all people!!:whipped:

why would that be unreal ....lawyers are always regarded as being some of the most dis-honnest people out there....ranking high with insurance salesmen haha. I mean I can see that happening

Cheeze
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwjRxEyrE3I

heheheeh

phrozeone
01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
werd. i got a hit and run in the ACAD parking lot near sait. almost lost my mind over it. cost me 1200 to repaint the whole side of my car. fuckers should be crucified for doing stupid shit like that.:angel:

Lex350
01-16-2007, 12:58 AM

Maybe she'll hit me again.

so...is she hot?:D

slammed_cb7
01-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Ahhh ^^ you beat me to it!

schurchill39
01-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Eventhough this is a little late, I agree.

Last winter I had a similar incident happen to me where I went around a corner (only doing about 10km mind you) and understeered on sheer ice and hit someone's GMC 2500. I was kind enough to go door to door to find out whos it was. From what I could tell there was only a little dent in his door and 2 paint scuffs on the bumper of my rx-7(that I wiped off with a wet towel). He went and got estimates done and it turns out there was $2100 worth of damage to his truck. Not only was the door dented but the metal behind the door at the bottom was dented in.

I have been victimised numerous times by hit and runs, its common sense to stop and either find the person or leave a note. You know what they say "Do to others what you want done to you"