PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Indoor racing?

*Markus22*
01-13-2007, 01:00 PM
hey i know grand prix used to be on 16th ave
but they moved does anyone no where too
and do you have the phone number?

dankish1
01-13-2007, 01:31 PM
lol i dont think they moved man
they are gone as far as i know.

Euro_Trash
01-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Is there any other good go kart racing places around? Like the fast ones that you need a drivers licence to use?

civickid_21
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I went to this place in the summer, I think it was called shakers family fun center. But they said they were getting some karts like grand prix had in a couple weeks. I doubt they will be the same though, plus its outdoor. We need another place in town like Grand Prix though.

adam c
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
they closed that one because people were 'too competitive' and would have fights on the track and shit

rage2
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by civickid_21
We need another place in town like Grand Prix though.
We need another place like Kart Gardens Airport years ago... nothing so far has touched that one in terms of fun factor.

Anton
01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I never really found Grand Prix to be that much fun but it's better than not having a track at all so hopefully someone starts up a new one. Grand Prix was managed poorly anyways.

tapout
01-15-2007, 03:05 PM
is the place in balzac still going?

ogpog
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by tapout
is the place in balzac still going?

Good ol Ricky Bobs. I dont think they are operational anymore though.

Edit: Found out its now a "Bucars" RV dealership.

frozenrice
01-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by adam c
they closed that one because people were 'too competitive' and would have fights on the track and shit

I took my 5 year old to that go kart place on 50th Avenue and Macleod Trail last summer. There was this group of what looked like 40 year old rig workers there. One guy got a bum kart and was losing big time to his buddies. He pulls into the pit mid race and starts swearing and yelling at the workers there right in front of my kid and about 5-6 families. What a f*cking goof. They should have thrown him out. I guess he was too dumb and drunk to realize that it was a family oriented place.

bighead2267
01-15-2007, 09:50 PM
i agree the one in airport is the best i tried. nothing can compare to that so far still.
you can feel the kart really pulling you

dino_martini
01-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

I took my 5 year old to that go kart place on 50th Avenue and Macleod Trail last summer. There was this group of what looked like 40 year old rig workers there. One guy got a bum kart and was losing big time to his buddies. He pulls into the pit mid race and starts swearing and yelling at the workers there right in front of my kid and about 5-6 families. What a f*cking goof. They should have thrown him out. I guess he was too dumb and drunk to realize that it was a family oriented place.

The owner of Kart World or what ever its called now is the greasiest guy i've seen. That place is a dump.

frozenrice
01-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Maybe that was him yelling.:rofl:

dino_martini
01-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Maybe that was him yelling.:rofl:

I dont know, did he look like a used car salesmen?

dankish1
01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
kart world suckkksss
there karts are garbage and break all the time.
the have 9 hp motors compared to shakers that has 5 or 6 hp motors.
kart worlds karts are either from ricky bobs or grand prix.
i cant rember which one. they are faster then the shakers cars but imo shakers is way better.
the track is concrete instead of pavement.
its something like 28$ for unlimited use for a day.
this means you can go go karting as many times as you want! as well as play mini golf lazer tag and bumper boats.
they also have arcade games that you can play for tokens etc.
its a pretty fun place. next summer there is going to be a outdoor inflateable lazer tag area as well as inflateables for kids.
the new cars that the other guy mentioned are going on a small oval track, from what i understand is its more drifting.
the track is tiny though. the guy told me that full contact is allowed on this track and you must be 16 and have a drivers licence.
last year we went to this place at least 5 times and had a great time with no complaints either time.
the guys have full control of the cars goveners and can slow you down if they want.
buddy thought he was funny fucking with me.
after a few stren words he stoped.
but yah if u talk to them you can try and convince them to make your kart faster. The girls working there are definate jail bait! be careful.
hope this helps
i wish there was more options. go karting is an awsome sunday activity
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
www.shakerscalgary.com

Whitetiger
01-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Karting is fun :thumbsup:

Thaco
01-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Lol, that's a bullshit lie, they closed because they got evicted from the building they were in because that furnature mart place needed the space, and they had another place lined up but it fell through at the last second so they gave up.