PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's Jamaican beef patties

im2fst4u
01-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I remember back in high school, we used to get Lloyd's Jamaican Beef Patties from this little store. Someone once said that you could buy them from the actual place they were made in the SE somewhere. Has anyone ever had the beef patties or know of where I can get them now? They were great!
Thanks

tapout
01-14-2007, 02:15 AM
i get them all the time:drool:

located across from swiss chalet & boston pizza 28st se& memorial drive ne.

Cruz
01-14-2007, 02:28 AM
^This man knows what's up. Best JP's in the city as far as I'm concerned.

im2fst4u
01-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks! Can't wait to have one!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kritafo
01-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Great I noticed that place and wondered about them. Ate them all the time in Ontario, cheap when I was on a student budget and tasted fantastic. so great, now I know that they are good, I have had lots of crappy ones. Its such a turn off when you know what you want and you cannot find what your looking for.

Masked Bandit
01-14-2007, 01:27 PM
There were / are on memorial and 36 St....beside the petro-can. I haven't been up that way for a few years though.

dj_rice
01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
There were / are on memorial and 36 St....beside the petro-can. I haven't been up that way for a few years though.

Or more easy directions are they are a couple stores down from Static Ultra Nightclub, the place where that huge brawl took place

tapout
01-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Or more easy directions are they are a couple stores down from Static Ultra Nightclub, the place where that huge brawl took place They are not in that plaza anymore i know the owner very well .

HybridTheory
01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Where are they now? I noticed that the name on the store was different when I went there a few weeks ago.

shawtie
01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
mmmm my buddys uncle has a shop and makes them for me all the time! Same with a friend of mine, her husband makes them for me too... Effin amazing!! I love all there cooking

im2fst4u
01-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I heard that Lloyd's adds its own "Caribbean Spice" and if my memory serves me well, it even says it on the packaging. It does not say the actual "spice" ingredients, just "Caribbean Spice"! :nut:
Maybe we are actually addicted to them cause of the "Spice"?

What ya puttin in those Lloyd???
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hussein
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
hahah ^^

How hot are these things? Is it possible to get them extra hot? and what is the pricing like? Thanks!

Masked Bandit
01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by tapout
They are not in that plaza anymore i know the owner very well .

Where did they move to?

Honda EXR
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
They moved across the road from China Rose on Memorial. By BP's. Last time I was there I bought 12 for $15.00

str8jkt
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
For those that haven't tried them make sure to order em with cocoa bread. Makes the JMP that much better..

ogpog
01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I used to eat these things all the time back in grade school. Sooooo good.

tapout
01-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by hussein
hahah ^^

How hot are these things? Is it possible to get them extra hot? and what is the pricing like? Thanks! they are hot unless you are east indian they will be mild but burns the back door next day :rofl:

im2fst4u
01-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Just had my first one in years! Thanks for all the info. Does anyone remember when Lloyd drove that gold Mercedes? That thing had "Caribbean Spice" ;) written all over it!

CivicDXR
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by im2fst4u
Just had my first one in years! Thanks for all the info. Does anyone remember when Lloyd drove that gold Mercedes? That thing had "Caribbean Spice" ;) written all over it!

i eating there all the time, best patties I've ever had... didn't that gold benzo have "24KARAT" as a license plate?

im2fst4u
01-15-2007, 10:25 PM
That's the Benz! Was sweet lookin back in the day!
Popular place still I see?

Kritafo
02-17-2007, 11:43 PM
So we went to lloyds and got our spicey chicken and beef patties.

I thought they were okay, but I have lived near a huge carribean community 2 x's in Ontario. They are nothing like we had back there. Almost no filling. Coco bread was okay though.

Back in the day they were more the size of a pizza pop and very puffed filled with meat that was more like ground hamburger not hamburger paste.

It was still a heck of a lot better than McDs!

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
So we went to lloyds and got our spicey chicken and beef patties.

I thought they were okay, but I have lived near a huge carribean community 2 x's in Ontario. They are nothing like we had back there. Almost no filling. Coco bread was okay though.

Back in the day they were more the size of a pizza pop and very puffed filled with meat that was more like ground hamburger not hamburger paste.

It was still a heck of a lot better than McDs!

Yeah I know......where did all the filling go Lloyd? He spent to much money on his Benz to keep up with the filling he used to put in those things!

Still tasty though! :thumbsup: