PDA

View Full Version : The Beyond 2007 F1 Season Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

iceburns288
03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Sato p10! Davidson p11! Go Super Aguri!:D

Sucks that Massa blew his gearbox, but I look forward to seeing what he can do in the race tomorrow to come back from p16. Ditto for Raikkonen, I look forward to seeing what he can do from pole.

I also really like Lewis Hamilton. He's fast and he seems like a cool guy outside of the car.:thumbsup:

A2VR6
03-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I knew that Honda were struggling with balance problems... but wow, who knew it could be THAT bad...

bluetek
03-17-2007, 05:38 AM
ATTN Alonso: Get use to it!!!

To all the guys who will be in Mtl I will be down there from April to August, and got tickets to the race as well :burnout: :clap: Cant wait to see Kimi in that ferrari.

habsfan
03-17-2007, 06:24 AM
i'm impressed with webber in p7 and the two toyotas in p8 and p9. and of course sato and davidson! should be an interesting race tomorrow for sure!

rage2
03-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Out of the top 6 qualifying spots, I predicted 5 drivers + positions accurately lol. I posted up my recap and preview, as well as race predictions (ok this will be a LOT tougher than qualifying predictions) here:

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/03/17/f1-austrailian-gp-sunday-preview/

I think Kimi will break his car during the race, while Massa will climb back from the bottom and end up 4th, right out of the poduim. Hamilton will drive a nice controlled race, no mistakes, and end up 2nd behind the defending world champion who will grab McLaren’s first win since Suzuka ‘05. Kovalainen will continue to disappoint, while Fisichella drives the usual slow but consistent pace to finish on the podium. BMW will still struggle with reliability, with Heidfeld dropping out, while Kubica takes it easy on his equipment and ends up 5th. With the other top players out, local driver Mark Webber will drive the crowd wild (and get all the chicks tonight) by finishing a respectable 6th place.
Alonso - McLaren
Hamilton - McLaren
Fisichella - Renault
Massa - Ferrari
Kubica - BMW
Weber - Red Bull

GO MCLAREN!!!

iceburns288
03-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I really like Hamilton, and I see him as eventually becoming a great driver, but I don't think he's there yet. He's quick, but I don't think he will do so well as second in the race tomorrow. I don't see Hamilton becoming a better race driver than Alonso any time soon. Alonso is a great driver through a race.

I think Kimi will walk away from pole and finish first in a race with no lead changes. The Ferrari is just too quick under him. I agree with rage in that Massa will climb back to fourth or fifth, but I can't imagine him doing much better or much worse (barring further problems). I don't care enough about the rest of the field to make predictions about the non-Ferrari drivers. ;)

ryanallan
03-17-2007, 05:16 PM
haha well put

GO RED :burnout:

rage2
03-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Massa had an engine change? Starting 22nd? That's fucked up my predictions lol.

Revhard
03-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Hamilton did very well.
Kimmi did well without pushing too hard.
Massa advanced alot, Honda blew goats.
BMW fast and fragile as predicted.
Another 3 weeks until malaysia...:(

ryanallan
03-18-2007, 01:33 PM
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8014/podium3lgns0.jpg

too bad for Massa though... but he did gain 16 positions through out the race, who knows what he could have done if he started closer to the front

and what the hell was DC thinking trying to take the inside where there was clearley no room. he must have been frustrated with his disappointing RebBull

hjr
03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
ya, the dc move was silly. he was way to far back to pull that off

Team_Mclaren
03-19-2007, 01:07 AM
not as stupid as Albers "forgot to brake" because he was trying to fix his earphone... lol who the hell does that. I wish i can say the same thing to the cop

rage2
03-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288
I really like Hamilton, and I see him as eventually becoming a great driver, but I don't think he's there yet. He's quick, but I don't think he will do so well as second in the race tomorrow. I don't see Hamilton becoming a better race driver than Alonso any time soon. Alonso is a great driver through a race.
I think Hamilton just proved EVERYONE wrong on that one. Even Alonso said that he was lucky to win, when Sato blocked Hamilton on his in lap.

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/03/18/f1-2007-austrailian-gp/

The race he drove on Sunday was unbelievable for a rookie. They compared him to Villeneuve (last rookie to finish on podium), but to be fair, Villeneuve had a lot more experience in top tierd openwheelers than Hamilton.

Originally posted by ryanallan
too bad for Massa though... but he did gain 16 positions through out the race, who knows what he could have done if he started closer to the front
It would've been a Kimi + Massa show. They'd be fighting at the front, since there's no #1 driver just yet. Although Todt and Kimi have bonded and gotten really close personally now, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them put Kimi as #1 driver fairly quickly.

The Ferraris were sick. Kimi drove 8 or 9/10ths... there's a lot of time left but he drove at a speed necessary to win the race and save the car. There goes the Kimi is hard on equipment criticisms.

buh_buh
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rage2
There goes the Kimi is hard on equipment criticisms. I don't think you can make that judgement based on one race, especially if he's only driving at 8/10ths. Its the races where he's actually battling for position that needs to be looked at. But I don't think you can really even really know until the end of the year to see how many retirements he ends up with.

iceburns288
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I think Hamilton just proved EVERYONE wrong on that one. Even Alonso said that he was lucky to win, when Sato blocked Hamilton on his in lap.
Werd, Hamilton owns, probably my new favorite non-Ferrari driver. His move in the first turn was AMAZING! Heidfeld goes around him so he swings to the other side of the track and then passes Heidfeld AND the current world champion?:eek: :thumbsup:

civic_epidemic
03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
And sorry for being and idiot and not seeing this other thread, to a mod who see this, please delete and close the other one. Hamilton is good, we'll see if Mclaren can keep up and try to make up that 1 second difference per lap

ryanallan
03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
So Ferrari was looking pretty good in Sepang this past week until Kimi let Massa drive... maybe Massa is running w/ a full tank?

And where did this Hamilton kid come from! He is topping time sheets every ware; Ron must be happy.
Did any one see his four mirrored Mclaren? I wonder what their up too

Day two:
Unofficial Wednesday times from Sepang:
1. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:35.258
2. Alexander Wurz, Williams, 1:35.702
3. David Coulthard, Red Bull, 1:35.712

Day three:
Unofficial Thursday times from Sepang:
1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 1:35.918
2. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:36.138
3. Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, 1:36.700

Good job for Webber though; I think it was raining on Thursday...

Also I see Bridgestone has finally marked their tires, those guys on speed will have nothing to talk about now. haha (all they talked about during the ausi GP was how they couldn’t tell the difference between the two compounds)

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4287/4mirrorfn5.png

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1905/f12007tesxp2653tb0.jpg

Team_Mclaren
03-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Also I see Bridgestone has finally marked their tires, those guys on speed will have nothing to talk about now. haha (all they talked about during the ausi GP was how they couldn’t tell the difference between the two compounds)

who watches speed feed anyway, ITV FTW

ryanallan
03-31-2007, 12:49 PM
ITV ?

like the italian channel ?

what number is that ?

do they commentate in italian ?

A2VR6
03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
ITV ?

like the italian channel ?

what number is that ?

do they commentate in italian ?

no ITV is the british broadcast... when TSN shows the F1 Races live, it uses a ITV feed.

iceburns288
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/remy_zero_248/untitled.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/remy_zero_248/70768.jpg

Hamilton running 4 mirrors at Sepang. Odd, but apparently it works at Hamilton topped the charts that day.

Ripper
04-02-2007, 03:09 PM
The English rookie, however, had not simply requested a better view of the cars behind him.

Instead, it emerges that the two extra mirrors - mounted on the top of the MP4-22's sidepods - were designed to give 22-year-old Hamilton an easy glimpse of engine smoke.

Italian sources report that Mercedes Benz engineers wanted to test and push the limits of the V8 engine on the Malaysian layout. Catching an engine failure early makes it easier to investigate.

ryanallan
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
how were they pushing their engine to the limits?
arnt the engines frozen.

edit:
well i guess they could run smaller side pods/heat escapes, or different oil, coolent...etc

edit2:
I guess i noticed this before, but i thought it was interesting to see teams other than Ferrari using the rear wheel shield...

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3412/f12007teshy0080en9.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9963/f12007teshy0082se5.jpg

iceburns288
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
There is a 60% chance of rain for the weekend, should be interesting. Kimi can probably afford to change his engine as he will pwn in the rain.:)

ryanallan
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
GO RED !

i had a thought the other day. i wonder if ferrari ever thought about designing their engine for only one race weekend and be forced to change it every weekend.
the engine would be more powerfull but they would start 10 spots back due to the engine change. i wonder if they thought they could still win this way...

rage2
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
There is a 60% chance of rain for the weekend, should be interesting. Kimi can probably afford to change his engine as he will pwn in the rain.:)
I dunno man, I thought Kimi was good in the rain, until I saw Alonso own EVERYONE last year in the rain. That's when he earned my respect. They say it's tires, but he ran circles around everyone.

I think this weekend McLaren and Ferrari will be a lot closer than Melbourne, while BMW's going to fall back along with the Renault guys. BMW and Ferrari both lost their movable floors, which means they will both have to run less downforce if they want to maintain the same straight line speed as everyone else. Also, McLaren's running new and improved aero parts, while Ferrari will be running Melbourne aero (minus sprung floor).

Still think Ferrari's ahead by quite a bit tho, but that gap should be a lot more managable than last race.

rage2
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Made my predictions for qualifying!

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/04/06/f1-malaysian-gp-saturday-preview/

I nailed 5 out of 6 last qualifying... lets see how this one goes. Go McLaren!!!

civic_epidemic
04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
The four mirrors were interesting, but Alonso wasn't bad in the rain last year, but then again, I can't remember which year/course MSC was at, but he had just started racing and he was pulling off laps that were sometimes 6 seconds faster than the opposition. But it should be a good battle between Massa and Raikonnen because no engine change. YAY

Team_Mclaren
04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
wow, best qualify i have seem yet. the last two mins was intense! looking forward to the race tomorrow

rage2
04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Made my predictions for qualifying!

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/04/06/f1-malaysian-gp-saturday-preview/

I nailed 5 out of 6 last qualifying... lets see how this one goes. Go McLaren!!!
Nailed the top 4! ;)

A2VR6
04-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Ouch Sato outqualfiies both BAR cars again...

Malaysian Grand Prix starting grid

1. MASSA Ferrari

2. ALONSO McLaren

3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari

4. HAMILTON McLaren

5. HEIDFELD BMW

6. ROSBERG Williams

7. KUBICA BMW

8. TRULLI Toyota

9. SCHUMACHER Toyota

10. WEBBER Red Bull

11. KOVALAINEN Renault

12. FISICHELLA Renault

13. COULTHARD Red Bull

14. SATO Super Aguri

15. BUTTON Honda

16. LIUZZI Toro Rosso

17. SPEED Toro Rosso

18. DAVIDSON Super Aguri

19. BARRICHELLO Honda

20. WURZ Williams

21. ALBERS Spyker

22. SUTIL Spyker

ryanallan
04-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
wow, best qualify i have seem yet. the last two mins was intense! looking forward to the race tomorrow

Yes very exciting indeed. The last 3 minutes I was standing up cheering kimi and trying to make Alonso make a mistake!

And another bad day for DC. Apparently he was driving the spare car which was not set up to his liking… lets see if he make another bone head move tomorrow.

Haha kimi's interview after was pretty good. He’s not very enthusiastic and just kind of mumbled his was through not really answering any questions. It was funny

habsfan
04-07-2007, 02:42 PM
ouch honda sucks the big one this year...should be a good race :thumbsup:

iceburns288
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Haha kimi's interview after was pretty good. He’s not very enthusiastic and just kind of mumbled his was through not really answering any questions. It was funny
Have you never seen an interview with Kimi before? He is truly the Iceman.:D

bluetek
04-08-2007, 12:48 AM
race time in kuala!!! go red! its goin be a battle all season.

A2VR6
04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Looks pretty dry out there! Should be a great race! oh yea... Go BMW!!!

bluetek
04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
great start for mercedes. hamilton does it again. :banghead:

Team_Mclaren
04-08-2007, 01:08 AM
yaaa bitches!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

rage2
04-08-2007, 02:37 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

Predicted a McLaren 1-2 (http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/04/07/f1-malaysian-gp-sunday-preview/), and that's what we got!!! Finally! It's been a while (brazil 05).

ryanallan
04-08-2007, 03:47 PM
yaaa bitches!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

Predicted a McLaren 1-2 (http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/04/07/f1-malaysian-gp-sunday-preview/), and that's what we got!!! Finally! It's been a while (brazil 05).

I hate both of you !
And what happened to Massa? Mclaren can only win when they write letters to the FIA !
Kimi almost had Hamilton at the end there thogugh, well get em next time bluetek . . .

Ripper
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm a Raikonnen fan... but Hamilton is impressing me quite a bit. That was a great first corner move! Now I'm torn between cheering for Ferrari or McLaren lol.

rage2
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I hate both of you !
And what happened to Massa? Mclaren can only win when they write letters to the FIA !
Kimi almost had Hamilton at the end there thogugh, well get em next time bluetek . . .
Watch the first 6 laps of the race. Massa is way too imature to be championship material. He was faster than Hamilton (as was kimi) since Hamilton was on heavy fuel load. Massa tried to duck inside a few times to pass Hamilton, while Hamilton played it cool, braked as late as possible (minimal lockup) every single time, and got a perfect line into each corner so Massa couldn't pass him (or got passed right back). The last try Massa late braked Hamilton, Hamilton was already at the braking limit, Massa goes off and back into 5th place.

Kimi was catching up at the end sure, but he would've suffered the same faith as Massa if he tried to pass.

McLaren 1-2!!! hahaha

Alpine Autowerks
04-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan '

do you have a problem when cheating is handled in a fair manner ???

good god Allonso must be relieved to have a racecar under his ass..the last 1/2 of 2006 the McCrappers were doing such
a good BAR impersonation that FA must have been looking for and exit clause in his contract .

I though Kimi was going to put a move on Hamilton and show that barf bag Masa how a real race car driver does it...but we still have a season for that lesson to be schooled.

iceburns288
04-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Kimi was catching up at the end sure, but he would've suffered the same faith as Massa if he tried to pass.
If Massa had been able to catch up to Hamilton, he probably would have made another mistake. If Kimi had caught up sooner, Kimi would have been able to get Hamilton into some sort of trap. Kimi's a much better passer than Massa... we all know that :p.

ryanallan
04-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

do you have a problem when cheating is handled in a fair manner ???

Well it wasn’t so much cheating as it was bending the rules.

The FIA screwed over Renault over last year with their mass damper, helping Ferrari, so I guess I cant be that upset about what they did to Ferrari and BMW this weekend.

And im sure the Mclaren car has some "rule bending technology" that hasn’t been caught yet, so to take some of Ferraris technology away to help them win is a bit sly in my opinion.

But that’s F1 for ya...

Haha if any one watched the race on speed (way better than ITV), the commentators were conspiring that Mclaren had told Hamilton to slow down at the end, making kimi think he could catch him and possibly blow his crutched engine in the process.

Team_Mclaren
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM

The FIA screwed over Renault over last year with their mass damper, helping Ferrari, so I guess I cant be that upset about what they did to Ferrari and BMW this weekend.

And im sure the Mclaren car has some "rule bending technology" that hasn’t been caught yet, so to take some of Ferraris technology away to help them win is a bit sly in my opinion.

But that’s F1 for ya...

Haha if any one watched the race on speed (way better than ITV), the commentators were conspiring that Mclaren had told Hamilton to slow down at the end, making kimi think he could catch him and possibly blow his crutched engine in the process.

LOL, FIA is pro-ferrari over anyone else if anything. I'm sure rage can give you a million examples on how they fuck everyone over by setting rules that helps ferrari in the end.

IMO speed commentators blows. They make more mistakes than roger millions during a flames broadcast

Alpine Autowerks
04-09-2007, 12:47 PM

so to take some of Ferraris technology away to help them win is a bit sly in my opinion.

it always amuses me me that when the team that a guy supports gets caught cheating.They whine that other teams are being "sly" for using the same rulebook against the cheaters. This is at least the 4th time (from memory)FIAT has been challenged with deformation/tolerance issues on aerodynamics.. are they crafty or thick ?

given FIA's history of favorable "Red Car Rule" interpretations it is refreshing to see the rules applied evenly...

rage2
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
LOL, FIA is pro-ferrari over anyone else if anything. I'm sure rage can give you a million examples on how they fuck everyone over by setting rules that helps ferrari in the end.
I actually thought that they wouldn't change the floor test procedure. I was shocked that they did it and fucked Ferrari over, because yes historically, FIA is Pro Ferrari.

Then again, 5 teams had moving floors. Another shocker is that the moving floors didn't affect BMW as much as it looked to have affected Ferrari. Massa couldn't beat Heidfeld.

rage2
04-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Bending the rules lol. It was outright cheating. The system reacted differently when stopped versus moving, much like the flexi wings, where the FIA had to define maximum movement of the wings. The only reason for this was to pass the test while car was stationary, period. The rules were changed so that scenario is impossible now, where the stationary test will ensure no movement at speed.

Ferrari fans are definately a different breed than others... the euro F1 forums are filled with guys saying McLaren is wrong for asking FIA to clarify a rule, yet Renault's Mass Dampers was praised by the fans haha. Example:

;)

Hakkola
04-09-2007, 01:47 PM

If Massa had been able to catch up to Hamilton, he probably would have made another mistake. If Kimi had caught up sooner, Kimi would have been able to get Hamilton into some sort of trap. Kimi's a much better passer than Massa... we all know that :p.

:werd: I'm not a big ferrari fan, but Kimi FTW, IMO he's the best driver out there.

ryanallan
04-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Bending the rules lol. It was outright cheating. The system reacted differently when stopped versus moving, much like the flexi wings, where the FIA had to define maximum movement of the wings. The only reason for this was to pass the test while car was stationary, period. The rules were changed so that scenario is impossible now, where the stationary test will ensure no movement at speed.

Wow allot of Ferrari haters out there.

My take on the whole FIA favoring Ferrari thing, is that it’s not true. I think they do what’s best for F1 and not for Ferrari. In most cases Ferrari is the top team which happens to bring in the most fan support so to have them no winning would be bad news for F1.
Which is maybe why Mclaren got their way this weekend? With Schumacher gone, and the Alonso/Hamilton paring set as the next superstar, it was a good idea to have them win in a growing market like Malaysia.

Frank Williams even said, "F1 becomes a sport for 2 hours every Sunday, for the rest of the week it’s a business. There is just too much at stake for it to be anything else"

That’s just how I see it. . .

And for floor debate. I guess it could be called cheating or bending the rules depending on what team you support.

Quote F1.com "As with wings, if the part passes this deflection test it is deemed legal, even if the part may flex further under a greater load. This apparent anomoly is present because the FIA decided to provide a certain degree of freedom in the regulation to avoid damage to this section of the floor when the car rides over kerbs - especially as in recent years most of the ballast placed on the car is located in this area. "

All some teams did was have the smarts to take advantage of this situation.
It was probably easier for Mclaren to debate the movable floor than to design one them selves. If the FIA wouldn’t have done anything, Mclaren would have been running one next week.

cloud7
04-10-2007, 11:54 AM
getting back to the race, Kubica must be one of the most overrated newcomer to F1... he just doesn't have the consistency... he constantly flies off the track and/or hitting things... really, if you take away his podium last year, he really hasn't done much in F1...

Hamilton is starting to gain my respect with a great performance 2nd race in a row.

Alpine Autowerks
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM

My take on the whole FIA favoring Ferrari thing, is that it’s not true.

i don't care who you are ...but that there is funny

pattyt
04-11-2007, 10:21 PM
does everyone here watch F1 on TSN or speed? personally i have to watch it on TSN cause they cancelled the Speed channel off Rogers cable:(

A2VR6
04-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by pattyt
does everyone here watch F1 on TSN or speed? personally i have to watch it on TSN cause they cancelled the Speed channel off Rogers cable:(

TSN... they use ITV's broadcast which is miles better than the Speed one.

gpomp
04-11-2007, 11:52 PM
tsn... it's in "hd" :rolleyes:

bluetek
04-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I usually watch it on TSN, but switch it over to speed on commercials.

rage2
04-12-2007, 07:19 AM
^^ Can't do that no more, Speed is about 10-15 mins delayed :thumbsdow. You can't use live timing watching Speed anymore, so you have to watch TSN to use live timing.

cloud7
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
^^ Can't do that no more, Speed is about 10-15 mins delayed :thumbsdow. You can't use live timing watching Speed anymore, so you have to watch TSN to use live timing.

are you sure? for the last race, they were only maybe a second or two slower than TSN.

TSN is better because they use ITV... but sometimes I can't stand that James Allen guy...

Alpine Autowerks
04-12-2007, 08:58 PM

to bad TIVO can't record the java feed for the guys who want to sleep in ...some clever programers should be able to work out that hack...nudge nudge

rage2
04-13-2007, 07:23 AM
If I watched F1 delayed, I'd work on that hack. But... gotta preserve my watching live streak! 15th year!

ryanallan
04-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow, this is looking to be Malaysia all over again - with the same top five qualifiers.

Let’s hope Massa can stay in front this time !

And I hope we see more from Kimi tomorrow, as he doesn’t have to worry about a crutched engine.

rage2
04-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I've made my predictions on my blog... Hamilton FTW!!!

bluetek
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Heres to hoping that Rage is wrong! Go Red. Massa dont mess this up!!! I'll predict Kimi flys by Hamilton with Alonso on riding his ass.

Its either gunna be a late late night or a very early morning.

iceburns288
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I wonder how Kimi will handle Massa. I also wonder how I will get back up to being the top poster in this thread, rage2 whored it away from me:banghead: .

habsfan
04-15-2007, 05:36 AM
what a great season for honda so far....lol

rage2
04-15-2007, 06:30 AM
you know if we finish the race with current positions, there's a 3 way tie for 1st place in driver's championship... Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton all with 22 points :eek:. Fucking close!

habsfan
04-15-2007, 07:07 AM
pretty good race today, another impressive performance from hamilton

iceburns288
04-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Hamilton was very good today, beating out Alonso, but more importantly...

Ferrari 1-2!:clap: :clap:

rage2
04-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Hamilton was very good today, beating out Alonso, but more importantly...

Ferrari 1-2!:clap: :clap:
You Ferrari fans need to get a grip on reality... Hamilton was 2nd in the McLaren! lol

If only Hamilton passed Massa in turn 1, or ran hard tires in the 2nd stint (what I was expecting), things would've been much different. Was surprised to see Hamilton run option tire for the longer stint 2.

you know if we finish the race with current positions, there's a 3 way tie for 1st place in driver's championship... Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton all with 22 points :eek:. Fucking close!
Exciting shit!!! McLaren still leading constructors... 44 to Ferrari's 39.

treg50
04-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Great start to Lewis Hamilton's F1 career. With today's win they say he's the 1st rookie driver to finish on the podium the first 3 races of the season in a row.

Can't wait to see him go for 4 in a row! :clap:

iceburns288
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
You Ferrari fans need to get a grip on reality... Hamilton was 2nd in the McLaren! lol

If only Hamilton passed Massa in turn 1, or ran hard tires in the 2nd stint (what I was expecting), things would've been much different. Was surprised to see Hamilton run option tire for the longer stint 2.
Shit, I was late to the Ferrari club meet... to watch the race a second time:rofl: . Whatever, Ferrari 1-3!:clap:

The WCC is going to be a great title to claim this year.

ryanallan
04-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Well I missed the race:thumbsdow

But I looked to be very exciting !

Alonso finishes 5th !

Both Super Aguri's blowing up, both RebBull's also out

Massa looked to be under heat from Hamilton, same with Alonso giving Heidfeld the heat near the end.

Are F1 races normally on torrent sites ?

So much for Massa "really maturing into a great race driver" for this year. hes not very good under pressure, good enough to win though !:
and one last picture of the DREAM TEAM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8121/f12007bahxp0977jn9.jpg http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1595/f12007bahxp1057tl2.jpg http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9927/f12007bahxp1126bx2.jpg

cloud7
04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Good race for Massa... he really needed to win this race and he did it. Really was never truly threatened by Hamilton at any point of the race... Lewis wa close at the start but faded away in the middle stint with heavy fuel load/softer tire combo and at the end of the race Massa had a small but comfortable margin to Hamilton. 3-way tie for the driver's championship and 4 men who have realistic chances mean this is going to be an exciting F1 season.

iceburns288
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Massa looked to be under heat from Hamilton, same with Alonso giving Heidfeld the heat near the end.

Are F1 races normally on torrent sites ?

So much for Massa "really maturing into a great race driver" for this year. hes not very good under pressure, good enough to win though !:
and one last picture of the DREAM TEAM
Massa was under very little pressure from Hamilton. There is a point in the race when he knows that even if Hamilton catches up, he cannot get by in time to win. He knows how much he can back off in order to bring the car home. Ditto for Heidfeld, I'm sure.

ryanallan
04-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Massa was under very little pressure from Hamilton. There is a point in the race when he knows that even if Hamilton catches up, he cannot get by in time to win. He knows how much he can back off in order to bring the car home. Ditto for Heidfeld, I'm sure.

i didnt even watch the race,
but my comment was direced to the pic i posted of Massa locking up
if that was the only time he was being pressured by Hanilton, then good for him !

cloud7
04-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Hamilton probably locked up just as many times (if not more) in the race than Massa. The track was slippery with all that sand.

ryanallan
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Well it has busy past few days in the F1 community !

Heidfeild running the Nuremburg where he ran a best lap of 8.34. I would have though he would have gone faster but I guess it was just a demonstration run...

And McLaren debues a new front wing! Holy this thing is pretty radical. They are really pushing for the championship !

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7932/f12007tesxp2982jr0.jpg

A2VR6
05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Well it has busy past few days in the F1 community !

Heidfeild running the Nuremburg where he ran a best lap of 8.34. I would have though he would have gone faster but I guess it was just a demonstration run...

Apparently they instructed heidfeld to slow down several times on each of his laps for photograpic purposes. Also they were using a demo set of bridgestones which were about 10 secs slower a lap on a typical F1 circuit. Also I wouldnt think that the car could handle the bumps on the circuit very well at full speed... (especially on the carousel).

iceburns288
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Today at Barcelona, Kimi was 34.538s faster than Alonso's best time of the day.

Alonso only ran one lap...;)

rage2
05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Today at Barcelona, Kimi was 34.538s faster than Alonso's best time of the day.

Alonso only ran one lap...;)
Typical ferrari fan misleading everyone :rofl:. It was raining so hard that everyone went for a few laps before the track became a river.

They're adding another day to this week's practice because of the weather lol.

So far in testing, nobody's even come close to pre-season barcelona times. Everyone is strictly doing back to back parts comparisons. Times have been totally meaningless hehe.

McLaren's new front wing is to reduce drag and optimize straight line speed, and Ferrari's sidepod changes improve cooling, reduce drag. Ferrari and BMW both have a new floor designs to comply with the new even more stringent floor test procedures being introduced at the GP in 2 weeks. It's expected that Ferrari will lose some pace from the revised floor design (again), but more than make up for it with the new sidepods. They've been working on that for a few months, and they claim it's a much more significant change than the mclaren front wing, even tho most people won't even notice it.

iceburns288
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Typical ferrari fan misleading everyone :rofl:. It was raining so hard that everyone went for a few laps before the track became a river.
Caught again!:banghead:

In all seriousness, Kimi said he is finally 'satisfied' with the car and Ferrari have finally set it up to suit his driving style. Considering he is tied for the WDC right now on a car he hasn't been satisfied with, I hope he will be even quicker for the rest of the season!

iceburns288
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
http://images.gpupdate.net/newsnew/73173.jpg

Discuss.:confused:

iceburns288
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Another

habsfan
05-03-2007, 07:01 PM
discuss eh...uh...honda is desperate? haha. kinda reminds me of those vertical wings bmw tried last year

ryanallan
05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
haha wow thats pretty neet.

hopfully the new Mclaren and Honda wings will spawn some sort of aero revolution through out F1 !

Team_Mclaren
05-03-2007, 09:28 PM
angels cant even save them:poosie: :poosie:

Alpine Autowerks
05-04-2007, 06:27 PM
That's friggin gross.

http://www.formulaf1.com/2007/05/04/drawing-proves-honda-wing-is-a-copy/#more-333

ALL aerodynamic add ons other than small primary wings should be banned from F1. No more winglets, flip-ups, barge-boards, monkey-seats, turning-vanes....did I miss any ?

If the cars did not depend on so much on aerodynamics they would not be so sensitive to the wake turbulence of the car ahead and on track passing could return.

ryanallan
05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4452/f12007spaxp0238hz7.jpg

This girl knows what’s up !

Only two more days, man its been a long break :zzz:

Let’s hope Ferraris new aero package can hold off McLarens new aero !

GO RED

habsfan
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
this layoff has been retarded, a month is way too long of a break

iceburns288
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Valencia gets a STREET CIRCUIT GP next year. Sounds neat.:thumbsup:

I can't wait for Ferrari's new car, hehe.

iceburns288
05-12-2007, 09:59 AM
F1 is back! Qualifying was so intense :).

rage2
05-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I can't believe Ferrari got pole. Friggin' sand baggers! I expected McLaren to run away. Kinda weird Kimi's slow, considering they've been working on the car to make it right for him the last 4 weeks.

My quick preview and predictions here:

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/05/12/f1-spanish-gp-sunday-preview/

TSN doesn't carry qualifying nor the race live because of International Hockey coverage. It's delayed till 12:30pm for the race tomorrow.

Thank god I have speedTV, too bad they're a bit delayed, so it fucks up live timing :thumbsdow.

iceburns288
05-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah it's a shame the live timing is so messed up; I just don't use it any more so it doesn't ruin the TV feed for me.

This knockout qualifying really is fantastic:thumbsup: .

rage2
05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Yea, qualifying is one change in the last 10 years that I'm really happy with.

Go McLaren!!!

treg50
05-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Spanish Grand Prix Results

1. Massa
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

Lewis Hamilton now becomes the youngest driver to EVER lead the World Championship standings. Cool!
:clap:

rage2
05-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by treg50
Lewis Hamilton now becomes the youngest driver to EVER lead the World Championship standings. Cool!
:clap:
Yep, took that honor from... Bruce McLaren, the guy that started the team he's driving for!

Fucking Massa is lucky as hell. Punts Alonso off without damage while Alonso got damaged (Alonso was 1/3 of a car length ahead, while massa was on the inside and he just nudged Alonso off), and survived a pitlane fire.

Disappointed that Ferrari is STILL faster than the McLarens. Fawk.

sl888
05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Shiety deal for Alonso

Billy2
05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Eh, kinda of Alsonso's fault for pulling that move at the beginning. lost 2 spots cause of it. if Rhikkanen stayed in the race, he wouldnt even make it to third.

cloud7
05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
man, watche the race live on Speed and then watched it again on TSN later and discovered so much stuff that the Speed guys missed... it's brutal that Americans are stuck with bad F1 commentary.

Massa knew he had to run Alonso off the track because he can't let Alonso by like he let Hamilton by in the first corner in Malaysia. The move reminds me of the many moves that Michael got away with in his lengthy F1 career.