06-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
what channel is it on tomorrow? its not on tsn..:dunno:

Fox is carrying it. It's on HD!!!!:D :thumbsup:

Team_Mclaren
06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Revhard

Fox is carrying it. It's on HD!!!!:D :thumbsup:

great... does that mean we get a bunch of idiot americans commentating?

nismodrifter
06-17-2007, 01:11 AM
TSN has it on at 10:30PM if you want ot wait for the itv feed.

rage2
06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
TSN Alternate Feed (no widescreen). TSN is carrying US open on their HD channel. They will replay the race in widescreen on the HD channel at 10pm tonight.

Fox is carrying it live, and it's the SpeedTV feed, not shitty fox commentators (even tho SpeedTV guys are a hit and miss). It will be in widescreen if you have FOXHD.

rage2
06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
My Sunday preview and predictions was posted last night:

http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/06/16/f1-us-grand-prix-sunday-preview/

Explains a bit about why Ferrari's struggling.

Revhard
06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Hamilton wins again!
Not sure when his streak is going to end.
I thought he was good, but I didn't think he would be this consistent at the top.
The red machines are doing ok but don't seem to have an answer on the recent tracks.
It was a fairly clean race save for the start. Alonso finally learned to keep his panties on for the first turn.
Honda had another brutal day.
Congrats to the 19yr old Vettel on scoring a point.

ryanallan
06-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes I agree Honda is blowing the season; they have no championship points yet !

On a positive note Kimi did set the fastest lap of the race !

And I am frankly getting tired of hearing the English national anthem. I think I will download the Italian anthem today. haha :thumbsup:

Good job for Vettel, he got lucky at the end when Rosberg retired. I think he has set the only record this year that has not involved skin color.

Good job for McLaren also. They seem to be working very hard and deserve the success they are achieving. All the Speed commentators could talk about though was the inner team feud between Alonso and Hamilton. I wonder if Hamilton is really getting more attention?

rage2
06-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan
On a positive note Kimi did set the fastest lap of the race !
The only reason he got fastest lap was because the McLaren's were running a slower pace to control the race and ensure they don't put too much stress on the engine (they have to be used again next race) and to control rear tire graining. With 22 seconds of WOT per lap, the engines take a beating here, especially when they have to last 2 races. I think we saw the first engine failure during a race today, when the Toyota engine in the Williams let go down the front straight.

If you watched the laptimes, you'll notice both the McL's settle down into a slower pace fairly early on, and only pushed to get some gap and clean traffic before each pit stop. Those laps were over a second faster than their cruise pace.

Kimi OTOH went all out to try and catch/pass Massa. If McL really wanted it (which strategically would make no sense and endanger their points positions), they would've easily had the fastest lap... they had nearly another second on worn hard tires as evident by Friday and Saturday practice.

Revhard
06-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I know Alonso didn't look pleased since he got out of the car to accept 2nd place.

rage2
06-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Revhard
I know Alonso didn't look pleased since he got out of the car to accept 2nd place.
If he didn't make that one mistake before the pit stop, he MAY have gotten by Hamilton. That 2 second mistake a lap or 2 before pitstops fucked him over. Hamilton drove error free.

Alonso was clearly upset that Hamilton did not let him pass. He was lighter than Hamilton, and expected the team to tell Hamilton to let him pass because he was faster from less fuel. The lap after that, Alonso drove by the pit wall to let the team know he wasn't happy about the situation. So Alonso pits first, and basically had no chance to catch Hamilton in the pits, since Hamilton got an extra low fuel high speed lap, vs Alonso's cold tires and heavy fuel out lap.

Revhard
06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
You're right. Alonso has had many chances to win, always seems to make the error to seal the deal though.
What's wrong with him?
The funny thing is, even with the errors, he would still be ahead of kimmi/massa for the lead without Lewis.
Interesting season so far.
Far from over...

l8braker
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by redline
Great F1 Pics

Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures!!! :clap:

Looks like another win for Hamilton today :bigpimp:

ryanallan
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
So whats goin on in France today?

A Ferrari 1-2 and Scot Speed finshes 3rd in friday practise !!

I know the Ferrari has new winglets, but can they really slingshot the cars to the front?

And so much for Ferrari's windtunnel being out of commision. I guess they did get an aero update for France !

GO RED :burnout:

Ps. did any one make a donation to Honda ? I was thinking about it, but never did...
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6503/f12007fraxp0199sv4.jpg

Revhard
06-30-2007, 09:16 PM
1 Massa Ferrari 1:15.034
2 Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:15.104
3 Räikkönen Ferrari 1:15.257

Pretty tight.
Alonso with gearbox problems goes into sunday 10th.

rage2
07-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Fuck!!!!

Hamilton lost 2nd in turn 1, and now both McLarens are pitting so early. WTMF???

That's the last time I watch the race from out of town. I jinxed my team!

redline
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Fuck!!!!

That's the last time I watch the race from out of town. I jinxed my team!

that will teach you to buy a BMW:rofl:

rage2
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
haha ya I was so frustrated, as soon as the race ended I took off in frustration. Thank god Montana rocks... made it to billings in record time. Had a few beers with some bikers last night :rofl: and they told me about this shortcut that saved over an hour driving time to get to Billings. No cops. only 1 trooper that covers the whole stretch, averaged 102mph, completely skipping Wyoming except for a 20 mile stretch where I was cruising at 150mph haha.

Revhard
07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Race was pretty calm, Ferarri had little trouble winning.
Hamilton unable to pass Kimmi, I thought he was going to early on for sure.
Honda got their first point, Hamilton stretches the lead, and Scuderia is still 25 pts back in the constructor's race.
8 straight podiums for the rookie. Not sure how he does it.

ryanallan
07-01-2007, 02:09 PM
FINALLY !

But the fucking FOX brodcast didnt play the Italian nation anthom !

Looks like the Ferraris are better on high downforce tracks. Perhaps we will see the McLarens back on pace next week at Silverstone ?

BigBadVlad
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Uh-oh, looks like Ferrari is done letting McLaren have their fun:poosie:

Silverstone better be the same!!

rage2
07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
McLaren expects to own Ferrari at the low downforce Silverstone track... so it'll be interesting!

iceburns288
07-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Raikkonen 0.499 seconds on the rest of the field today at Silverstone with a 1:20.639s.
Massa P2
Schumacher
Hamilton
Trulli
Alonso
Rosberg
Wurz

rage2
07-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, nothing can stop Lewis, not even the pressures of the entire UK expecting pole could affect him. Delivers today with a solid drive, although Kimi's last corner mistake could've meant pole for Kimi.

Revhard
07-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, nothing can stop Lewis, not even the pressures of the entire UK expecting pole could affect him. Delivers today with a solid drive, although Kimi's last corner mistake could've meant pole for Kimi.

He was on a tear. He had pole for sure. His fault though, obviously the car was up for it.
Honda back to the old chassis now, ensuring they don't do anything productive. WTF?
Hopefully they can bring it back to last year's competitiveness.

Looks like the hitters should have a close race.
Watch for Kimmi on the start, his clutch set-up is stellar these days.

iceburns288
07-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Kimi was on one hell of a lap, that's for sure. Kudos to Hamilton though, I really like that guy:thumbsup: .

rage2
07-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Alright, now that I've sorta caught up on all my work, I'm updating my blog again. Posted my predictions for the race (http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/07/07/f1-british-gp-sunday-preview/) tomorrow as well as my thoughts on the Ferrari vs McLaren espionage case (http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/07/07/f1-espionage-rocks-the-f1-circus/).

Go McLaren!

rage2
07-08-2007, 06:05 AM
hehe poor ferrari, 1 down, 1 to go. :rofl:

Revhard
07-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Kimmi proved too hard to beat this week-end. Really back on stride.
Hamilton must be sad to get 3rd, I figured he would win it. Didn't seem happy with the car at all early on.
Massa did quite well all things considered.

iceburns288
07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, Ferrari's pace this race was absolutely unreal. With Kimi punching out fastest lap after another and Massa coming from last to fifth, it looks like McLaren has something to worry about.

iceburns288
07-08-2007, 02:19 PM
And rage, I read your comments on the espionage ordeal and it was actually a lot more pleasant than I expected. The only comment I have is in response to when you ask why Coughlan would try to improve the McLaren car with Ferrari's data when he wants to get off the team. It seems to me that Coughlan would try to better the car with the data in order to rationalize a request for more money or simply make his job there a more pleasant one.

I agree that poor Hamilton's reputation will be tainted regardless of the result of the controversy.:(

rage2
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Wow, Ferrari's pace this race was absolutely unreal. With Kimi punching out fastest lap after another and Massa coming from last to fifth, it looks like McLaren has something to worry about.
Yea, the last 2 races have definately been Ferrari's. They have also stated last week that their wind tunnel has been operational again for a month now, which why they have come back in the development race.

The Ferrari's pace was fast, but it wasn't blistering today. McLaren admitted that they made a mistake in using the hard compound tires twice and the soft option tires once. Ferrari used soft twice and hard once, which is why there was such a huge difference. McLaren were scared that the softs would go off, and they didn't thanks to the usual cooler temps at Siverstone.

Spa testing next week... oh how I missed that track! 2 weeks to go till Nurburgring!

rage2
07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
And rage, I read your comments on the espionage ordeal and it was actually a lot more pleasant than I expected. The only comment I have is in response to when you ask why Coughlan would try to improve the McLaren car with Ferrari's data when he wants to get off the team. It seems to me that Coughlan would try to better the car with the data in order to rationalize a request for more money or simply make his job there a more pleasant one.

I agree that poor Hamilton's reputation will be tainted regardless of the result of the controversy.:(
Comment on the blog site! :rofl:

There's word from Stepney that he's been framed. He wants to blow the lid on a lot of Ferrari "behind the scenes" stuff over the last 14 years, can't wait lol. He claims he never gave the docs to Coughlan, so the confusion continues. It's weird that Coughlan just kept all these docs at his house. I'm curious what they were, as well as where they found them in his home. If it was me, and I had the intention of using the info, I would've stored them in a safe location far away from me haha.

Coughlan didn't want to better McLaren. He wanted to work somewhere new with his old pal Nigel Stepney, along with a few other Ferrari guys ready to defect. He wasn't happy at McLaren (how many of u heard of his name before this scandal?) and wanted more recognition, a move to Honda would be the best way to get your name out and increase your value. Imagine if all the key guys from Macca and Ferrari went to Honda and they won a championship in 2 years... those names would be household names (well, F1 households anyways lol). Kinda like what Rory Byrne did for Ferrari after quitting Benetton with a bunch of key guys.

Revhard
07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I wish, Honda winning again would be cool, seems like alot of b.s going on.

ryanallan
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
wow this is big news! F1 must be an intence industry to work in, espically at a place like Ferrari where your either first or last.

good race this past weekend though.
count another one for Kimi ! and still the F&^king FOX brodcast refuses to play the national anthoms :thumbsdow

BigBadVlad
07-11-2007, 10:29 AM
The Iceman cometh:poosie:

Really a shame Massa stalled. It would have been interesting between Alonso and Massa I think. Nah who'm I kidding, Alonso's a chump/chimp take your pick! :rofl:

Revhard
07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Massa had good pace, it would have been tight between him and Hamilton, maybe Alonso.
Kimmi was just faster, he did well. Maybe Michael talked soe sense into him to give feedback...

iceburns288
07-13-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.abudhabigp.com/english/

Website for the 2009 Abu Dhabi GP is up.

ryanallan
07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
So I hear that Mclaren is being fined for the scandle that has been in trial.
Also Ferrari fires Stepney over the dispute !

exciting news :drama:

iceburns288
07-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Coughlan is being fined for the cost of the search of his house, and that's it, I think.

How the hell do you fine a team that spends 300 million dollars a year?:rolleyes:

rage2
07-13-2007, 06:02 PM
McLaren has been summoned to appear in court... they have to defend themselves because FIA feels that Coghlan has Ferrari material means McLaren had it. McLaren has to prove otherwise.

iceburns288
07-13-2007, 08:06 PM
This is a pretty tough situation. While I would hate to see the drivers punished (especially Hamilton... I couldn't really care about Alonso :p) or the team DQ'd for the season, as the FIA you can't really let something this big go. I know the teams spy on each others' cars all the time, but this is just something on a whole 'nother level.

Alpine Autowerks
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.abudhabigp.com/english/

Website for the 2009 Abu Dhabi GP is up.

I friend of mine had the apartment next to the track managers when she worked there this spring..I have been promised a set of comp tickets for the F1 race..keep my fingers crossed.

rage2
07-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Fuck fuck fuck...

Suspension failure on Hamilton's McLaren, crashes hard (zero braking) into tire barrier, Hamilton looks to be in pain, ain't walking out on his own.

This sucks.

habsfan
07-21-2007, 07:17 AM
hopefully lewis is ok...it was good and bad to see him shaking his legs like he did after the crash. so he wasn't knocked out, but probably in alot of pain...

rage2
07-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Ya either he was in a lot of pain, or he was checking to make sure everything was OK. There is very minimal nose damage on the MP4-22, looks like a minor scuff up front.

According to McLaren, a problem with the wheel gun at Hamilton's last pit stop was the root cause of the accident. In effect, the right front wheel was not secured properly.
Someone's gonna get fired...

rage2
07-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Alonso chokes, makes huge mistake, gets on gravel... and still only 0.291s behind Kimi.

Hamilton is starting 10th... if he's cleared to race. We'll see how well he can pass people!

Alpine Autowerks
07-21-2007, 09:01 PM
$3200 bucks for an impact gun that gets serviced after every race and they keep a spare for each side and it only works in one direction ....and it still can't tighten ONE nut...WOW

Dino Paoli Impact Gun (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=DINA2000S-L)

they will have to edit the description too

Team_Mclaren
07-22-2007, 06:08 AM
holy shit what a mess, a spyker is leading:rofl: :rofl:

Team_Mclaren
07-22-2007, 06:09 AM
HOLY SHIT ITS A PARKING LOT FULL OF F1 CARS!!

edit:
Liuzzi pwned the tractor:rofl: :rofl:

boi-alien
07-22-2007, 06:24 AM
man, this is crazy! lol

rage2
07-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Man that was an exciting race. Too bad McLaren gambled badly on Hamilton, he would've definately been well into the points, maybe even podium, if he stayed on wets for a bit. Exciting last lap too, Hamilton ALMOST got a point. Oh well, there goes Hamilton's podium streak :(. That rain was nuts, everyone flying off... the safety car ALMOST got nailed, it got out of the way just in time for Luizzi to hit the tractor :rofl:.

Spyker's gamble was awesome... I'm surprised McLaren didn't do the same for Hamilton who started in 10th... might as well have done it seeing as it was gonna rain hard. Would've given Lewis the win if they took that gamble. In any case, it was an amazing start by Hamilton, throwing himself into frickin' 4th place after a few corners from 10th. Too bad the BMW sliced his rear tire, dropping him back huge. I blame his result on McLaren... qualifying crash cuz of McLaren error, bad tire gamble at the beginning of the race, and not gambling on dry tires at the end (the track was really only wet for 3 or 4 laps at the end). If he stayed on dry tires, he would've been well into the points.

For those that complained about Hamilton not able to pass, I think this race puts that one to rest... he owned everyone he came up to, passing them within 3 or 4 corners.

WTF was up with Renault's gamble with Kovy? And Flavio grinning cuz he thought it was a genius gamble? It was brutal, dropped him from 5th to 8th.

As I said in my blog, Alonso is the shit when it comes to driving in the rain. No contest by anyone in the field, he owned when it was wet.

Kimi's record when Michael Schumacher is at the track continues... he's only won when MS isn't around this year hehe. Oh ya, Red Bull in 3rd :thumbsup:.

So glad McLaren won... I can keep my car haha.

iceburns288
07-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I think Winkelhock set an F1 record for cars passed in a lap. He went from 22nd to 1st in just one lap!:eek: He was down to 15th within another five-ish laps, but still, that just kicks ass.

Too bad Massa got pwnt by Alonso in the end. Also too bad Ferrari had a chance to catch up on the CDC and screwed it up.

rage2
07-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Massa sucks in the rain. I predicted that in my blog many times haha. Strange vibration my ass, he just can't drive fast in the rain. Alonso is the rain master, as shown in several races in the last 2 years.

Whats up with Kimi understeering past the pit entrance? :rofl:

Alpine Autowerks
07-22-2007, 01:04 PM
what i did not get was how did the cars that received assistance were allowed to restart and esp. why if a driver is allowed to resume racing after receiving aid, then why was Hamilton the only one allowed to unlap himself (until later)

true happiness and joy from watching FA pass FM for the win with less than 10 laps to go ..does that count as a schumaker chop ?

Alpine Autowerks
07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Found it... because they were in a dangerous location they are allowed assistance without penalty or exclusion.

Trini
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Tempers flared at the Nürburgring
But it's all settled now
23/07/07 16:51

According to Agence France-Presse, European Grand Prix winner Fernando Alonso accused Felipe Massa of deliberately hitting his car during the duel that opposed both drivers at the end of Sunday's race on the Nürburgring track.

A few minutes before the traditional ceremony, Ferrari's Felipe Massa approached McLaren's Fernando Alonso and shook his hand in the room adjacent to the podium. The folllowing conversation ensued in Italian.

FA: "You can't do things like that."

FM : "What are you talking about?"

FA: "Don't play smart with me, you know very well. You hit me on purpose, you turned the wheel to push me off."

FM : "What? Go f--k yourself!"

FA : "You f--k off! Next time I'll push you into the wall."

Alonso, decidely in a provocative mood, turned and smiled at the live TV camera as Massa walked away very upset, his dark mood still quite apparent during the podium ceremony.

Once tempers had calmed down as the post-race FIA press conference began, Fernando Alonso admitted that he had over-reacted.

"We touched each other two times and I apologise to him (Massa) because I was so stressed when I finished the race because we nearly didn’t finish the race. Now I try to enjoy the victory and forget everything," the Spaniard said as he sat next to Massa, quickly touching his neighbour's forearm in a friendlier gesture.

The Brazilian was still somewhat flared however: "I was really surprised when he came to say that I did that on purpose.

I would never do something like that on purpose. Like I said in Barcelona, it was normal, here it was normal and it's going to be like that. So if he was a little bit unhappy, it's not my problem."

"With Felipe at the end it was close but as I said before, I apologise if I said anything to him, because it's motor racing and it's a fight," added Alonso.

"We finished the race, so I don't want to talk any more about this and I want to enjoy the win," he stated, wishing to close the matter.

Prompted by the assembled journalists, Alonso returned to the delicate subject a few minutes later.

"I was not too happy at the end of the race because we touched each other but now, five minutes later on the podium I realised that this is motor racing, so I will not talk any more," he repeated.

The subject seemed to be closed for Massa also: "If somebody tells me something I did wrong and I didn't, I will be unhappy. That is normal. But if he has apologized, then that's fine. He knows he was not right after the race."

Bad tempers and apologies – on certain occasions, both are a part of motorsports...

Daniel BASTIEN
© CAPSIS International

[GaGe]
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
http://anahshariff.wordpress.com/

that shows a different translation

Trini
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM
hmm interesting
I saw a pic. of Massa after the race during the prize ceromony and the man looked quite pissed

BigBadVlad
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Didn't quite make it home by 2:00 to watch the race so I missed the first 3 or 4 laps. Turn on the TV and WTF!!!! is that a Spyker leading!!!!! LOL
Pretty strange race all in all, better keep an eye out for Massa in Vancouver, he may be there for the rain :D
Overall points would have been interesting if Raikonnen could have finished well. On to the next round :burnout:

cloud7
07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
looks like I missed an exciting race... I was in Edmonton for the Grand Prix weekend and caught 10 minutes of the race (when Massa was still leading) before heading out to the track.

Revhard
07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
It's almost like the yong and the restless....:rofl:

rage2
07-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Everything reviewed, McLaren not guilty. As expected. Life goes on.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2007/July/260707-01.html

iceburns288
07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
French GP stays in Magny Cours next year.

rage2
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Awesome McLaren/Mercedes commercial!

5C0I7Ef4gQI

From the looks of it, Hamilton and Alonso get along pretty well off the track, like they've always said to the media. A few candid laughs in the commercial.

iceburns288
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38964/

Scott Speed is alleging that Franz Tost hit him in the garage after crashing out of the Euro GP this week. He says he'd love to stay in F1, especially with Red Bull because they have been great to him (he won the Red Bull Driver Search), but he doesn't want to race for Berger and Tost ever again. Interesting.

I hope he finds another seat, he's a pretty good driver. He almost always finishes ahead of Liuzzi.

z06power
07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
F1A Council is a joke, they find confidential ferrari documents at the home of Mclaren's chief designer and they determine that Mclaren never made use of any of the documentation.... right. On top of that I am sick of hearing about Hamilton - his first challenging week and his best position is ninth. I recall Schumacher being able to easily come from the back of the pack and end up well in the points. Hamilton is just lucky that he ended up with a team with a strong car (a little industrial espionage helped Mclaren build a decent car for once). Had he come in with another team, he would just be another driver. The fact that he is from England is the only reason that he is constantly glorified - the entire Speed broadcast team sucks up to him like nothing I have ever seen just because he is english. F1 is in a sad state of affairs.

Alpine Autowerks
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by z06power
I recall Schumacher being able to easily come from the back of the pack and end up well in the points.

MS first year - DNF - 5th - 6th - 6th - DNF - DNF

it was a full year before he won

Team_Mclaren
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
F1A Council is a joke, they find confidential ferrari documents at the home of Mclaren's chief designer and they determine that Mclaren never made use of any of the documentation.... right. On top of that I am sick of hearing about Hamilton - his first challenging week and his best position is ninth. I recall Schumacher being able to easily come from the back of the pack and end up well in the points. Hamilton is just lucky that he ended up with a team with a strong car (a little industrial espionage helped Mclaren build a decent car for once). Had he come in with another team, he would just be another driver. The fact that he is from England is the only reason that he is constantly glorified - the entire Speed broadcast team sucks up to him like nothing I have ever seen just because he is english. F1 is in a sad state of affairs.

:rofl: :rofl: Ferrari fanboy much?

Alpine Autowerks
07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
F1A Council is a joke, they find confidential ferrari documents at the home of Mclaren's chief designer and they determine that Mclaren never made use of any of the documentation.... right.

ohhh ...but they did use the information....to expose Ferrari's cheating. read the 4th and 5th paragraphs very carefully.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6553.html

ryanallan
07-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Awesome McLaren/Mercedes commercial!

From the looks of it, Hamilton and Alonso get along pretty well off the track, like they've always said to the media. A few candid laughs in the commercial.

haha awsome commercial !
Go Kimi :burnout:

cloud7
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Looks like Scott Speed has been officially sacked. You know what they say about biting the hand that feeds you...

Vettel confirmed to replace Speed.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070731120840.shtml

redline
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

MS first year - DNF - 5th - 6th - 6th - DNF - DNF

it was a full year before he won

he was driving a jordan his first year ;)

iceburns288
07-31-2007, 09:35 AM
ohhh ...but they did use the information....to expose Ferrari's cheating. read the 4th and 5th paragraphs very carefully.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6553.html
The Ferrari floor was not illegal. There was simply no rule against it, and McLaren asked for a 'rule clarification' which in turn made the floor illegal.

rage2
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
The Ferrari floor was not illegal. There was simply no rule against it, and McLaren asked for a 'rule clarification' which in turn made the floor illegal.
No.

Moving aero devices have always been banned. Ferrari figured out a way around the scrutineer's test procedure for the floor. McLaren said "umm... something's fishy here". FIA revised the test. Ferrari revised the floor (still moved). FIA revised the test again. Floor doesn't move anymore.

It's cheating, they just figured a way around the test so it looked like they WEREN'T cheating ;).

BigBadVlad
07-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Isn't that what F1 innovation is about half the time? Find a way to bend the rules or a loophole to give your car an advantage over the others. Then wait until the FIA makes a "rule clarification" when other teams complain!

McLaren's done it/had it happen to them in the past.... I read it and sounds like it was a neat idea and it did give them an advantage.
1998 McLaren Rear Brake pedal (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/05/24/banned-mclarens-rear-brake-pedal/)

Alpine Autowerks
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
Isn't that what F1 innovation is about half the time? Find a way to bend the rules or a loophole to give your car an advantage over the others. Then wait until the FIA makes a "rule clarification" when other teams complain!

McLaren's done it/had it happen to them in the past.... I read it and sounds like it was a neat idea and it did give them an advantage.
1998 McLaren Rear Brake pedal (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/05/24/banned-mclarens-rear-brake-pedal/)

the difference between those two examples is that movable aero devices have been illegal since the 60's and are one of the few rules that has no gray areas. the 3rd brake pedal was an true innovation and then banned after first being scrutineered and allowed. the function of the 3 rd brake pedal is now present in the active differentials.

iceburns288
07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
the function of the 3 rd brake pedal is now present in the active differentials.
Those have been banned as well now...

ryanallan
08-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
Looks like Scott Speed has been officially sacked. You know what they say about biting the hand that feeds you...

Vettel confirmed to replace Speed.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070731120840.shtml

Weard that Vettel replaced Speed. With all the testing that Sebastian Bourdias has been getting with RedBull, i would have thought he would have made some news. maybe next year...

rage2
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad

the difference between those two examples is that movable aero devices have been illegal since the 60's and are one of the few rules that has no gray areas.
Bingo. Every material under load moves. The FIA tests are designed to ensure that wings, floors at speed do not move enough to gain aerodynamic advantage. What Ferrari did was build a system to beat the test while providing an aerodynamic improvement from movement under load. McLaren bitched, and the test was revised twice (rules never changed). Thus Ferrari had to change the floors twice till they lost all advantage with the moving floor.

If you want an analogy, that's like someone figuring out how to beat a steroids test and winning an event on steroids undetected. That's called cheating lol.

BigBadVlad
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Cheating??

Or cheating better than the other guys?!?!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rage2
08-04-2007, 06:35 AM
So far so good for McLaren. Hamiton literally destroying the entire field haha.

Poor Ferrari, Massa stalls for no reason in pitlane with 3 mins to go in session. Hope he makes it to Q3. Maybe they'll blame McLaren for that too? :D

rage2
08-04-2007, 06:38 AM
:rofl: Poor Ferrari... Massa doesn't even go fast enough for final qualifying shootout hahaha.

rage2
08-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh man, McLaren 1-2, and Ron Dennis is PISSED OFF. Alonso's crew let Alonso go, but Alonso stayed in the pits and held up Hamilton for a few seconds, causing Hamilton to run out of time by a few seconds so he couldn't do a final run, so Alonso ended up stealing the pole away from Hamilton.

Ron Dennis threw his headset away and grabbed Alonso's manager and the chatting began. Wow.

edit - Hamilton and Alonso does NOT look like they like each other at all now. Ron Dennis went to talk to Alonso about the intentional delay, and Alonso just ignores him and walks off. Hamilton trying so hard not to bitch out Alonso in the press conference.

edit2 - Hamilton kinda responds...

Peter Windsor: By how much time did you miss getting in a 2nd quick lap?
Lewis Hamilton: About the same amount of time that I was held up in pitstop.

Oh man... the drama starts now.

iceburns288
08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Smart of Peter Windsor to restrain himself and not grill Alonso in the press conference... he knows it'll blow up anyways. That last answer by Hamilton was awesome, the rookie knew exactly what to say without actually saying anything:thumbsup: .

Alpine Autowerks
08-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I almost felt bad for Massa --the Ferrari pit crew shows the down side the having races in countries where they can afford the hookers.

as for Alonso..that was hard to watch a driver I respect pull a stunt that would make MS proud. This type of behavior will be MS's only lasting legacy in the sport.

rage2
08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
In a totally unexpected response to the whole situation, Ron Dennis blames HAMILTON :eek:!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61368

Wow, just wow. It did NOT look like it was a Hamilton problem, especially when Ron Dennis was pissed off, went straight to grab Alonso's trainer, got the cold shoulder from Alonso at weigh in, and took the trainer straight to race control.

Oh my, turn 1 will be interesting tomorrow. Senna + Prost in the making... can't be good for McLaren.

iceburns288
08-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Dennis is blaming Hamilton because the stewards are looking in to the incident, and if they find that Alonso did it intentionally, he will be sent to 10th. If he can convince the stewards of this, they will remain 1-2.

rage2
08-04-2007, 02:48 PM
ya that's what it looks like.

Basically, Hamilton didn't let Alonso pass right off the bat in Q3. He was told 5 or 6 times over the radio, he made the decision to stay ahead. This allowed Hamilton to go out of sequence, and thus "gain" an extra lap.

Alonso (before qualifying) was given the extra lap for this qualification, since Hamilton got the last one.

Alonso deliberately held up Hamilton so he wouldn't get his extra lap.

buh_buh
08-04-2007, 03:06 PM
sounds like Dennis is trying to cover up for Alonso so they can remain 1-2 on the starting grid. No point in helping out Ferrari due to some internal problem.

rage2
08-04-2007, 04:16 PM
And it gets messier... Alonso demoted to 6th. Ron Dennis trying to cover up his driver's behavior to protect the 1-2 did NOT work.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61370

Also heard McLaren's going to be penalized too... no constructor points for McLaren this race. Trying to find a link...

rage2
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Here's the reuter's article:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorSportsNews/idUKL0410473420070804

McLaren no constructors, Alonso in 6th. Still waiting for official word from formula1.com

iceburns288
08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Honestly I don't know if I agree with the decision to discard McLaren's points for the race. I really don't see how that is productive:dunno: . Maybe you know, rage?

On the other hand, I would reeaalllyy like to hear what was happening on the team radio.

rage2
08-04-2007, 05:33 PM
OK Fuck this makes NO sense at all now.

The full stewards report, with detailed pit-radio comms.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373

So McLaren told Alonso on track before pitting that he will be held for 20 seconds. Stop took 6 seconds, and 14 seconds later, when the lollipop went up, Alonso WAS supposed to drive off. He stayed for 10 extra seconds asking about tires lol. Stewards thinks that's BS, purposely impeding Hamilton, penalty, no appeal.

Here's the bizarre part. McLaren got docked constructor points because there was no traffic out on track, there was only Hamilton, Kimi, and Fisichella. So there was no reason to hold him up for 20 seconds to wait for a gap. Therefore, McLaren has been docked all constructor points for the weekend with a right to appeal after the race weekend.

I thought they were docked points for trying to cover up Alonso's stupidity, but it was for something totally different, holding him in the pits for 20 seconds. Which made no sense, because even if they did stop for 20 seconds, Alonso would've been about 12 seconds ahead of Kimi anyways, and no way slowed him down. Alonso's additional 10 seconds got him right in front of Kimi (he had to let him pass in turn 1 out of the pits).

WTF???

iceburns288
08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Interesting that Alonso did pretty much what MS did in Monaco and he is docked 4 positions instead of 21 like he was ;).

I agree that docking McLaren's constructor points was stupid, but Alonso's penalty should have been more severe. Like I said, more like what MS received.

Ripper
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Interesting that Alonso did pretty much what MS did in Monaco and he is docked 4 positions instead of 21 like he was ;).

I thought about that too, but to be fair MS shut down the whole track in a somewhat dangerous manner... not just blocking 1 driver.

4wheeldrift
08-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Woke up super early this morning because I was having trouble sleeping and caught the Hungarian GP. I need to start watching F1 more lol it's like a 1000hp soap opera :rofl:

ryanallan
08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Holy drama weekend. F1 is turning into a soap oppra...

Good for Heidfield on BMW's best ever result, and what happend to Massa !

z06power
08-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Nice to see Mclaren self imploding...Hamilton is great playing for the tv cameras as the "nice" guy while he disobeys team orders, I would have done the exact same thing as Alonso for Hamilton pulling that crap.

Team_Mclaren
08-06-2007, 03:00 PM
what a fucking disaster. imo both penalties were stupid. It's a clear internal problem within Mclaren and it should be up to the team to solve it. Both drivers have to take some blame for this chaos.

and now Alonso declared that he doesnt want to fulfill the full 3 year term of his contract with Mclaren, what a joke this guy is for pulling this kind of stun.

PS: I was camping during the race and watched the downloaded iTV coverage, it is simply amazing, 100times better than TSN and a billion times better than speed. They interview pretty much anyone they want and are much more knowledgeable than any other coverage in NA

Alpine Autowerks
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
on the wrap up screen showing the results and points Speed Channel had Alonso as driving a Williams plus a few other drivers were still in last years cars...