PDA

View Full Version : The Beyond 2007 F1 Season Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

/////AMG
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
F1 president plays down Hamilton achievements
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Lewis Hamilton

FIA president Max Mosley has played down Lewis Hamilton's impact on Formula One this year despite the rookie driver's brilliant season.

The governing body chief also believes the Briton is unlikely to win the F1 title on appeal, even if drivers who finished ahead of him at the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix are disqualified.

Hamilton, the first black F1 driver, produced four wins and nine podium finishes in a row in his opening nine races but lost the title by one point to Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen of Finland.

'There is always somebody new,' Mosley told the BBC. 'If it wasn't him (Hamilton) it would be either (Nico) Rosberg or (Robert) Kubica or one of the other new stars.

'I think there's a tendency to exaggerate the importance of Lewis Hamilton.'

Mosley said Hamilton had worldwide interest because he 'does not come from a rich background' but added if he continues his rate of progress that could also result in negatives.

'If he does the same thing next season as he's done this season, it will certainly have a big effect,' said Mosley.

'It will start to be negative because we'll get the (Michael) Schumacher effect where people start writing to me saying, 'can't you do something to slow him down'?'.

McLaren have appealed against the decision by the race stewards not to disqualify BMW Sauber and Williams from the Brazilian Grand Prix after they used fuel that was too cold.

If their drivers, who filled the three places ahead of Hamilton, were kicked out at the Nov. 15 appeal, Hamilton could move up from seventh to fourth and gain the points he needs to take the title.

'It could happen, absolutely, because this will go to a court of appeal,' Mosley said. 'It consists of very senior lawyers who are not connected with any of the countries involved in the events...it's an independent court.

'That said, it's very unlikely because even if they excluded those cars they are not obliged to reclassify Hamilton. There's absolutely no need, if they don't wish to, to change the position that Hamilton was in.'

Team_Mclaren
11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Alonso is officially fucking gone!! WOOHOO:clap: :clap:

rage2
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Alonso is officially fucking gone!! WOOHOO:clap: :clap:
Thank god lol. This quote from his press release shows how immature and stupid Alonso is.

"I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win."

He forgot to mention that it was him that suggested all that crap :rofl:. There's rumors that the split agreement states that he can not join a manufacturer team. He has to join a privateer team, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Williams, Super Aguri, etc. Which means no Renault for Alonso if that's true.

Team_Mclaren
11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rage2

There's rumors that the split agreement states that he can not join a manufacturer team. He has to join a privateer team, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Williams, Super Aguri, etc. Which means no Renault for Alonso if that's true.

read something about that too. Apparently if should only be for one year tho. and out of that bunch, only Red bull has the potential $ to pay for his service. Then again both webber and Coulthard are both under contract.

Dave P
11-02-2007, 09:44 AM
I hope he goes to super best friends.

him and sato would be the most feared team out there, as the show no disregard for ramming, bump to pass, blocking, or brake testing hahaha.

cloud7
11-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rage2
There's rumors that the split agreement states that he can not join a manufacturer team. He has to join a privateer team, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Williams, Super Aguri, etc. Which means no Renault for Alonso if that's true.

It will be interesting next year for him if it is true that he will not be with a works team. I hope he will do well. The BS that we saw this year from him and in part from Lewis didn't help things at McLaren, which IMO should have taken both titles without the distractions.

With so much restrictions imposed by the FIA on McLaren next year, and now without a veteran driver, one wonders how the team will do... I just hope we don't have a boring season next year with one team dominating.

rage2
11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by cloud7
With so much restrictions imposed by the FIA on McLaren next year, and now without a veteran driver, one wonders how the team will do... I just hope we don't have a boring season next year with one team dominating.
Well from the looks of it, McLaren is going to be pretty fucked next year. It'll be a challenge for them to do well. There are a few problems that came up from the Sept hearings that will seriously affect their competiveness next year.

First off, for being stripped of all WCC points, they're getting the last 2 garage space in pit lane for the entire year. Those garages are a lot more cramped and they won't be able to fit all their tools in there. To do an overnight gearbox teardown for a precautionary inspection would be painful.

Then there's the whole 2008 car inspection. The problem with Coghlan getting the F2007 dossier is that he was designing the 2008 McLaren during that time. So the inspection will see if the 2008 McLaren will have any Ferrari IP in it. Here's where it gets touchy... all teams spy on each other. Detailed audio analysis, high res pictures to try ideas of other teams. The FIA is looking for ideas on the 2008 McLaren that may have stemmed from the F2007 dossier. But that's really open to interpretation if it came from the dossier, or from analysis. If anything is found, McLaren will be starting with negative points in the WCC. So basically they're going to lose out on anything that may have been gained from "standard spying" that everyone does.

Judging from all the FIA decisions in 2007, McLaren will probably get the maximum penalty that the FIA can dish out before the season starts. Ferrari kindly thanks the FIA lol.

forkdork
11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Good move by Alonso for the reasons above.

So who is going to take that McLaren seat? De La Rosa?

962 kid
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Alonso is free to join any team next year: http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2007/11/03/F1-Alonso-free-to-join-any-team/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

Revhard
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Toyota should grab him.
Might be just what they need.
Who the hell is Honda going to get next year? Pretty sure Rubens is gone.

buh_buh
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
its not whether Toyota should take him, its whether Alonso would want to go to a shitty team like Toyota.
And Rubens is already confirmed for next year.

Team_Mclaren
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071108144139.shtml

and so it starts! BAN THEM ALL!!! hahaha, lets have a 4 way race fore the championship.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave P
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
hahah holy fuck.

i see super aguri, red bull, force india, toyota, or honda winning the constructors champ next year because all the big teams will be out haha

Team_Mclaren
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
hahah holy fuck.

i see super aguri, red bull, force india, toyota, or honda winning the constructors champ next year because all the big teams will be out haha

wrong, super aguri, redbull, toyota probably wont be able to compete. Ferrari will win by default. :devil: :rofl: :rofl:

/////AMG
11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
great...

buh_buh
11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
geez... doesn't this just prove that what they call espionage is pretty much standard practice in F1? I'm sure everybody that changes manufacturers brings with him some sort of data he has on the other car. In fact, a big reason why these guys even get hired is to get info on the competition's cars.

Dave P
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
One day after Jenson Button said he would leave the Honda Racing F1 team unless they gave him a more competitive car, the team has announced it has hired Ross Brawn to run the operation.

The former Ferrari technical director will take over team principal duties from Nick Fry and be responsible for designing, manufacturing and engineering of the team's car.

Brawn has been on a one year sabbatical after spending a decade with Ferrari.

"I am very excited to be joining the Honda Racing F1 Team," said Brawn. "Honda has a proud heritage in Formula One and the opportunity to help the team to realise its potential represents a fantastic new challenge for me in the sport."

Related Info
Button threatens to leave Honda over car
Fry, who will remain as chief executive of the team, says the addition of Brawn will refresh and revitalize the F1 operation.

"Ross obviously needs no introduction. His experience of winning world championships in Formula
One will be crucial as we seek to put Honda back into championship contention and I am delighted that we will be working together to achieve that."

Ferrari was believed to have the first option on Brawn but the Englishman says he took the Honda job rather than return to Italy because he needed a new challenge.

"The fact that Ferrari wasn't in crisis made it less attractive to me. They've done well and will do well and have got a good structure there to go forward with. My job now is to beat them."

"And there are some personal considerations, having been based in the UK for a year and got to know my family again, it would have taken quite a special set of circumstances to go back to Ferrari.".

Brawn's effects on the team likely won't be felt too much next season as next year's car has already been designed and produced. However, his changes in structure and process should be seen in 2009.

In light of Brawn's decision, Ferrari have also announced some changes on the technical side of the team.

Stefano Domenicali has been promoted to the role of Director of the Gestione Sportiva, the racing division within the Ferrari company. He takes over the team role previously held by Jean Todt, who remains on as a senior executive.

Domenicali had worked under Brawn while at Ferrari.

Technical director Mario Almondo will assume the operations duties within the team while Aldo Costa will take on the role of technical director. Gilles Simon has been named Ferrari's engine director.

The moves complete an executive turnover at the highest level of the F1 team with Todt, Brawn and Rory Byrne - the brains behind Ferrari's revival in the late 1990's - now effectively gone.

rage2
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
The FIA has done it again.

The "cool fuel" appeal went on yesterday and today. Journalists at the hearing reported that the judges decided unanimously that BMW and Williams were to be DSQ'd thus moving everyone else up based on the evidence presented and the precidence in prior cases of violating a technical rule during the course of a race. The verdict was delayed for several hours, during this time there were rumors that they were going to toss out the entire appeal completely on a technicality.

Welp, the FIA did just that. Threw it out on a technicality, and ruled the appeal inadmissable. So it's like there was no appeal.

How can anyone still have faith in the FIA?? Ridiculous.

ryanallan
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow big news for Honda.

I had hoped for Alonso to replace Button, maybe they will be team mates now ?

ryanallan
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Holy ish, Michael Schumacher is testing for Ferrari, The Spyker team chages to Force India, Sebastien Bourdais is in full F1 swing, Brawn moves to Honda, a Singapore GP on the calendar, 2008 testing has started allready.

Man you cant really turn off F1 for more than a couple weeks w/o falling behind.

Im sure this is old news to all you guys, but jeeze im shocked here.

should we start a 2008 F1 thread now ?

Regarding the spec ECU for 2008. GAY !!
I guess Renault was using what they say was a more advanced system last year. This new ECU is really a step backwards for them.

If anyone caught Brawn's atricle in last months F1 mag, he was talking about how the trend in Motorsports to make spec series is really hurting the industry more than it is helping them.
As F1 moves closer and closer to a spec series, where will all the engineers and designers work ?

iceburns288
11-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Done.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/198218/the-beyond-2008-f1-season-thread/