PDA

View Full Version : problem with speakers (fuzzy)

pyro
01-14-2007, 12:51 PM
when i have my deck turned at a low volume 1-12 my 6x9 are kinda fuzzy/staticy then when i turn it up they get clearer any ideas whats wrong...
the 6x9 are hooked to an amp as well

pyro
01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
anyone :dunno:

spike98
01-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I think its prolly noise entering your system due to a improper ground. Double check the amp ground as well as the ground to the deck. Make sure all groung connections are free of paint, rust and dirt. They should also be very tight to the chassis.

Then make sure that the body of your amp is not touching metal, some low end made amps will introduce noise into the system through the grounding of the body of the amp.

Next check your RCA line outs for the entire run of them. Made sure the shielding is not cut and the ends are connected properly. Some people will say its hokey pokey but the rule of thumb is to not run the RCA line outs on the same side as the vehicle so you might as well move it if its like that.

Make sure connections to the speakers are soildered and not touching any metal. Also that the pos is to pos and neg is to neg.

Other then that is buy a new deck with stronger pre-outs or perhaps pick up a line driver to lower the noise floor on your amp. Maybe a better quality amp would solve it. I dont know because i dont know the gear you have. The weakest point of your system is the peice with the lowest quality.

You can pick up noise cancellation thingers from companies that make the audio cables and interconnects but often they just cost you money and dont really eliminate the problem.

soupey
01-16-2007, 11:06 PM
could be what he said or could be 2 wires touching or possibly also a bad ground....

GTS Jeff
01-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I also vote ground or bad wiring connections.

pyro
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
thanks for the help im thinkin it might be the ground..hopefully :thumbsup:

and i have my rca's on the opposite side as my power.
just curious would it have anything to do with my remote wire, since right now all i had at the time was a 12 awg solid strand copper wire, does it matter or should i switch it.