PDA

View Full Version : BEYOND Saturday Hockey LOSER'S Pool, $20 entry

Super_Geo
01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm part of the Buzzard's Loser's Pool and it's a lot of fun, thought I'd see if there's enough interest here to start one up.

So here's how it works:

Rules
Of all the games being played on a Saturday, you have to choose one to team to LOSE. If the team you pick wins, you are OUT of the pool!. Rules are:

- Team you pick loses = You're safe, continue on to next week
- Team you pick wins = You're out!
- You cannot pick any team more than once
- Overtime loss = You're safe
- Overtime win = You're out!
- Shootout loss = You're safe!
- Shootout win = You're out!

Buy-in/Pay-Out
- You can have multiple entries,
- $20 per entry with the winner(s) taking 80%, other 20% going to a chairty of choice (to be voted upon in a separate thread). OR, $20+$2, the $2 as an administration fee, and 100% of the entries going to the winner(s).
(VOTE FOR THIS ON THE POLL, POLL WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY NIGHT, ENTRY/MONEY WILL START BEING COLLECTED ON TUESDAY PENDING RESULTS OF POLL)

- When the pool gets down to 3 or fewer, the remaining participants can choose to split the pot or keep going.

Last buy-in date
Post in this thread if you're interested, if we have enough interset to go ahead with this pool then the last chance to buy-in will be FRIDAY AT 8:00PM. I live in the NW and work downtown, so if you want to meet up that would work, OR (and more preferably) by Interac email money transfer. No money = no entry.

Saturday January 20th Games
PHI @ NJ
FLA @ WSH
ATL @ NYR
OTT @ BOS
TOR @ PIT
DAL @ MIN
DET @ COL
CHI @ NSH
BUF @ MTL
PHX @ LA
STL @ SJ
CGY @ EDM
TB @ CAR

s3v3n
01-14-2007, 02:22 PM
... what if nobody wins?
so the 'admin fee' option would go to charity rather than the 20%? so basically ~9% to charity?

Super_Geo
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by s3v3n
... what if nobody wins?
so the 'admin fee' option would go to charity rather than the 20%? so basically ~9% to charity?

No one wins? I'm sure someone will win... Ideally there'd be at least 50 entries. If everyone exits the pool at once (somehow) the remaining pot will be divided equally among the people left.

The 'admin fee' would be for me for tracking down payments, keeping the weekly stats going, etc. I'd rather go for the charity option, as my motivation for doing this isn't for a profit (it'd be pretty minimal anyway)... but if you guys don't want to go down the charity route I'd like to get some pocket change for keeping track of this.

slick2404
01-23-2007, 11:28 PM
i guess its too late to join?