RSX premium. - 02
vs Celica GT - 02
vs Prelude - 2000

What do you guys think.
Reliability, drivability, handling, acceleration,
interior, price?

Darkane
01-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Prelude hands down. First off Prelude for performance Destroys both those cars. If its a prelude 'S' it still is nicer Interior and looks. price wise prelude would be competitive if not cheapest.

marko polo
01-14-2007, 07:29 PM
they are all pretty good cars but if it were up to me i would stay away from the rsx premium cause it is just to damn slow, if youre goonna get a rsx get a type s

5hift
01-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by RSX-REX
RSX premium. - 02
vs Celica GT - 02
vs Prelude - 2000

What do you guys think.
Reliability, drivability, handling, acceleration,
interior, price?

The 2000 Lude is superior to the rsx premium and celica gt performance wise.

My lude is a year round daily driver and I have not had any problems with it. Its pretty economical while not as depressing to drive when you do push it, compared to the other two.

Just make sure its a 5 speed

InLoveWitRSX
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
rsx, just cause I like the look of the RSX

Deetz
01-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I'd say go with either the Prelude or RSX. Both are good cars and performance is pretty much hand in hand, i know, i've owned both!

The Celica GT is a nice car, but overpriced, and slow running a 1.8L engine pushing 140hp. My 1990 Civic, stock, was faster and was more fun to drive.

RSX-REX
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I wanted to get a 2000 prelude for the last 3 years.
However I've now been drawn to the RSX or Celica for different reasons.

on one hand, I want something that is a quite, smooth ride.
Luxurious, up to date interior, that handles well and is fun to drive.

However I also want something Very reliable, gets good gas mileage and doesnt eat a ton of oil.

on one hand I Love the RSX because the interior is by far the nicest interior i've ever seen in a vehicle, its a quite smooth comfortable ride. Very reliable, and it gets 30 mpg, also it was made to run on regular fuel * much cheaper due to this *

a Celica GT is a very reliable, good gas mileage vehicle with a pimp interior aswell, for much less money.

I like to tell myself speed is not much of a factor, yet I still know from time to time I wll want something that kicks in when I wanto have fun with it however i'm not looking for a super car to go around racing people.

I still think about the prelude though because I do love the car, it is quite quick in comparison
however its gas mileage sucks compared.
needs premium fuel, Also I heard it burns oil like a biatch when it gets over 150xxx

However I think the interior is lacking.

Plus it feels now like the vehicle is just to out of date, or old..

TEAMFaint
01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Change that Celica GT to a Celica GTS, then you'll have more of a comparison..GTS' are damn quick vehicles..throw on exhaust and intake and you'll run mid 14's on the 1/4.

Plus the whole 6 speed is always bonus.

If I had to choose between those three though, even though I'm a Toyota nut, I'd probably choose the prelude, they are verrry sleek and sexyy. :)

RSX-REX
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't afford a GTS
I'm budgeting around 15 - 16000.

arian_ma
01-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Performance wise, Prelude
Bang for buck wise, Prelude
You get everything except for leather standard in a prelude.
In an RSX you don't even get nice wheels.

I got about 23-25 mpg on my prelude, heated seats, top up the oil once a month (about half a liter) and the only thing I agree with you is the fact that the interior was lacking.
But even after that, I would still chose the prelude as it has the torquiest engine of the three and actually has a power band/

A2VR6
01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
honestly with your budget get a prelude. Personally I wouldnt go for a RSX or a Celica unless if they were a Type-S or a GTS. I think you might be able to find a 02 Type-S for around 16... I think there was one around here for that much.

euro_racer
01-14-2007, 08:26 PM
out of the 3 id say prelude

i just sold mine and no real issues were present...it is smooth, somewhat luxurious, gas mileage was ok, lots of extras..

don't really know about the other 2 cars but i would never buy a non type-s rsx and i have been told that the celica is overpriced and slow on several occasions

RSX-REX
01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
do you know anybody that bought an RSX premium, rather then those 2 cars?? If so why did they do it?

naheed187
01-14-2007, 09:27 PM
prelude hands down

Sorath
01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
if u compare dc5 S, BB6 and Celica GTS, its listed in the order i mention

adam c
01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
my friend has a 2005 or 2006 RSX premium one of the two.. anyways my integra kills his car in speed.. ill admit his is nicer to drive in because its quieter but thats about it

JordanAndrew
01-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Honda Prelude for the win! :D

arian_ma
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by adam c
my friend has a 2005 or 2006 RSX premium one of the two.. anyways my integra kills his car in speed.. ill admit his is nicer to drive in because its quieter but thats about it

You gotta look at what the car is meant for. Your GS-R is not meant to be quiet. Hence why it has almost no sound deadening material. The RSX Prem. is not meant to be fast, hence why it is not.

adam c
01-15-2007, 12:08 AM
^^
i know.. i was just stating a fact to help him make a better choice

BigMass
01-15-2007, 10:50 AM
if you dont get the GT-S or Type S dont bother. You'll miss out on everything that makes those cars special. IMO it's better to buy a top of the line Honda than a bottom of the line Acura. At that point you're just paying for the name.

4doorj
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
i like all 3

spyce
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
definitely go for the prelude
the only reason to go for the rsx would be if its a type s but thats not in the budget

ashee
01-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Prelude:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RSX-REX
do you know anybody that bought an RSX premium, rather then those 2 cars?? If so why did they do it?

I've had a 2000 prelude since new and had an 02 RSX Premium since new as well. The RSX is long gone and never missed, the prelude is still sitting in my garage waiting for another summer of fun. Waaaaay better car.

And the mileage wasn't bad till I supercharged it (now it gets about 350km of city driving to a tank) and even now at 110,000 km with boost it only uses about 3/4 litre of oil between changes (4000-4500 km).

Prelude :thumbsup:

rc2002
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I'd say Prelude, RSX, Celica. In that order.

The Prelude is probably the most refined and well put together of the four cars. I find that the OEM RSX suspension is too hard for normal driving, plus the engine noise and road noise is terrible. The Celica is a chore to drive since it has such a narrow power band (not to mention it's a chick car).

^ Scott, your Prelude doesn't belong in this comparison. LOL.

Dohcstar
01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I have friends who have each one of the cars you specified and i have driven them all..... i would say you should definatly go for the Prelude unless you have the extra cash for the Type S RSX.....
The Celica is just to Boring of a car for me.....heavy and slow

RSX-REX
01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all your help guys!
I really appreciate it.

-- I dont drive an RSX I just picked this name cause it came to mind and thought it was a hoot --

I owned a 4th gen prelude,
currently have a 3rd gen prelude

and I'll probably get a 5th gen prelude.

if I dont get a vehicle this year. * and decide to pay off my instruments and loans for various other goodies*

I'll save up and get an rsx type s.. that way there is no question about what car to get!

94SSEi
01-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Celica GTS for about 16:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148463

arian_ma
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Dohcstar
I have friends who have each one of the cars you specified and i have driven them all..... i would say you should definatly go for the Prelude unless you have the extra cash for the Type S RSX.....
The Celica is just to Boring of a car for me.....heavy and slow

Celica is the lightest of those 3.

Tai-Lun
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Ive driven all three and owned a prelude before, Id go for the Prelude again in the choice of those 3, not hard to find one with leather and good condition. Celica I found cramped and noisy, RSX is just no fun unless you are in the TypeS and anyone whos driven a prelude knows it has the nice big vtec kick at 5500:thumbsup:

Whitetiger
01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Prelude

Also look up ludegirl :rolleyes:

whiskas
01-17-2007, 06:17 PM
The celica GT is faster than the GTS in low-mid range. Unless you plan on taking the celica above 6000rpm I'd take the GT. Bottom line is that outside of camlift the GTS is slower than the GT. Both cars have the same suspension, and out of all the cars you listed the celica would handle the best.

Lo)2enz0
01-17-2007, 06:17 PM
prelude for sure. so much fun to drive. the celica is way to under powered for the price and the rsx, unless your getting a type s i just don't see the point

RSX-REX
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
Prelude

Also look up ludegirl :rolleyes:

I worked with Ludegirl a couple years back...

-- Lets not open those can of worms shall we --??

Now, As for the car! I've decided to skip a new car, keep the one I have * for groceries and winter driving * and i'm going to pick up a 2007 hayabusa in the summer!

Anton
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I was really confused when you edited...since I read what you said and went to quote you and it chaged...

Anyways, save up for a TypeS. After driving mine, I am completely in love with that car and my next vehicle will be a newer model TypeS :thumbsup:

RSX-REX
01-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I love the type-s out of the three aswell.
I think in a year or two I'll be looking at getting either a type S or another luxury / sports line from acura.

For now I'll settle with the bike.