PDA

View Full Version : My experience with Edmonton police....

buh_buh
05-19-2003, 11:37 PM
I got pulled over sunday morning on my way to the V8less show, and I actually thought my car was going to get impounded. I was pulled over for having an illegal license plate protector thing (which I used because my 2002 sticker kept coming off at the car wash), and having an "illegal muffler". The cop was also measuring my ride height (I think), and asked me to roll up my window to check for tints, honk my horn, checked my headlights, all that other good stuff. He ended up giving me an exhaust ticket, but ended up ripping it up after we started chatting about modded cars and stuff. He even asked me if I "had those annoying purple lights everywhere", and I said no hahah. And he also asked if I had a loud stereo, and asked me to turn it up haha but I told him I didn't. But all in all my experience was very good.:thumbsup: See? Not all cops are bad cops.:)

gpomp
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Cops only hate ricers...

eur0
05-19-2003, 11:59 PM
theres an exception every now and then

88CRX
05-20-2003, 12:02 AM
in general cops suck......

for example. yesterday I was coming home from work, about 6:15. Driving along and all of a sudden this cops somes out of a school parking lot and gets right on my ass. Now I never speed in school/playground zones so i'm going 25-30 and he is right on my ass. He continues this for 4 blocks and then follows me on a left turn and then leaves when I make another turn to go down my street? Why would he tailgate me when I am simply going the speed limit?

hjr
05-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Cops only hate ricers... hahaha :rofl:

gpomp
05-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

for example. yesterday I was coming home from work, about 6:15. Driving along and all of a sudden this cops somes out of a school parking lot and gets right on my ass. Now I never speed in school/playground zones so i'm going 25-30 and he is right on my ass. He continues this for 4 blocks and then follows me on a left turn and then leaves when I make another turn to go down my street? Why would he tailgate me when I am simply going the speed limit?
He might be running your plates to see if your car is stolen?

88CRX
05-20-2003, 12:28 AM
why tailgate me?

gpomp
05-20-2003, 12:30 AM
I dunno, I got tailgated by ricers before...?

GTS Jeff
05-20-2003, 12:32 AM
hahaha rice cops

That.Guy.S30
05-20-2003, 12:34 AM
those cops on the way to e town are fucked up. they pulled over my gf and her pals the otehr day on the way to the show becuz they were in a modded prelude. all in all.. they got over a grand worth of tickets and got the car towed away and had to get a cab back to calgary.. wtf is up with that.

littledan
05-20-2003, 01:34 AM
i got pulled over last week here in etown... cop was nice and just gave me a warning... was doing 100 in a 60... ha ha that's the second time i've just gotten a warning for that speed... got a stupid photo radar yesterday though..:( those damn things are everywhere

RiceCake
05-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by littledan
i got pulled over last week here in etown... cop was nice and just gave me a warning... was doing 100 in a 60... ha ha that's the second time i've just gotten a warning for that speed... got a stupid photo radar yesterday though..:( those damn things are everywhere

Lucky bastard!:banghead:

^SkylinE^
05-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Wow the times that i have been pulled over in calgary were very bad. The cop was very rude and gave me $300 in tickets for stupid shit like lights and Exhust. Your lucky Buh buh!!!
Hope the show was fun!!!

cocoabrova
05-20-2003, 01:47 AM
It was probably a female hottie police officer and buh_buh's pimpiness that got him no tickets......and a date probably too:bigpimp:

CrAzY_PLaYa
05-20-2003, 07:51 AM

you guys got those cameras on the lightpoles instead

mwmhong
05-20-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by surfertech
those cops on the way to e town are fucked up. they pulled over my gf and her pals the otehr day on the way to the show becuz they were in a modded prelude. all in all.. they got over a grand worth of tickets and got the car towed away and had to get a cab back to calgary.. wtf is up with that.

Whoa, that's kinda harsh.

Anyways, were the mods ILLEGAL?
Simple concept. You play, you pay. :dunno:

legendboy
05-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Thats nice. I got 3 tickets and towed on sunday.....you have to love Calgary city police :thumbsup:

B17a
05-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Thats nice. I got 3 tickets and towed on sunday.....you have to love Calgary city police :thumbsup:

Where's that picture you have of like 30+ tickets?

littledan
05-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

you guys got those cameras on the lightpoles instead

ya those are red light cameras... but you have them in calgary too. my office was downtown and i could see the one on 4th street and 6th ave SW flashing all the time

GTS Jeff
05-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Thats nice. I got 3 tickets and towed on sunday.....you have to love Calgary city police :thumbsup: shitty deal...what were the tickets for?

redx2nv
05-20-2003, 10:49 AM
every edmonton cop needs to be BITCHSLAPPED, fucking goddam no good racist mother fuckers(racist agaisn white people too, wow!!!)

ConVict
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Its his job... If you were a criminal you would get scared then do something stupid. He is checking your plate, getting a close look at your car for anything illegal. Once again its his JOB...
Let me get this straight, you say in GENERAL cops suck because one tailgated you and didnt even pull you over ? Wow good generalization :rolleyes:

B17a
05-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv
every edmonton cop needs to be BITCHSLAPPED, fucking goddam no good racist mother fuckers(racist agaisn white people too, wow!!!)

Some pent up anger there?

ConVict
05-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by surfertech

Umm maybe because the car had illegal things on it DUH...
it IS illegal to be to low, to have an exhaust, to have non approved lights ... yada yada
Why does everyone complain when they get a ticket when they know its illegal to begin with ?
Its like me going 50 over the speed limit right past a cop and when I get my license taking away saying WHATS UP WITH THAT...

ConVict
05-20-2003, 10:57 AM
and that comment right there is racist against all cops... hipocrite :rolleyes:

CrAzY_PLaYa
05-20-2003, 11:46 AM

ya those are red light cameras... but you have them in calgary too. my office was downtown and i could see the one on 4th street and 6th ave SW flashing all the time

i know they're red light cameras but i heard the ones in e-town are photoradar cameras

littledan
05-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

i know they're red light cameras but i heard the ones in e-town are photoradar cameras

ohhh... i heard something about that as well. not too sure but apparantly they were testing the idea of giving out tickets for speeding as well as red light tickets. I think you have to run the red though in order to get the speeding ticket.?

4CylFiero
05-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Damn convict your sure taking care off business....
What is the legal ride height for cars?
is it just as high as stock ride height and if so that would suck for people with sagging springs or no shocks like on most old cavaliers. I lowered mine and i think i have about 4-6 inches off the ground but it's a fiero and they are all pretty low to begin with.

buh_buh
05-20-2003, 12:46 PM
What's legal ride height? Stock. I started this thread to show you guys that not all cops are assholes (like you guys think they are). They ARE just doing their job, and if you were in their position, you would be doing the same. If they didn't do all that, then how would they ever catch anybody?

2000impreza
05-20-2003, 12:53 PM
you got pretty lucky. last summer i think i got pulled over atleast 4 times in edmonton. every time they would write a ticket up for everything... exhaust, no front reflectors, no side reflectors,.... and so on.

B17a
05-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
What's legal ride height? Stock. I started this thread to show you guys that not all cops are assholes (like you guys think they are). They ARE just doing their job, and if you were in their position, you would be doing the same. If they didn't do all that, then how would they ever catch anybody?

:werd: I'm getting pretty tired of the cop bashing. Bottom line is, here are the rules, the law is the law. If you feel so hard done by, then don't break the law. If you're gonna whine about how much tickets are, then either get a better paying job to pay for them or don't speed/illegally modify your car/drive like an asss etc. etc. I don't understand how people can still complain?

calarina
05-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Haha, so technically, with my 16 year old suspension, my car is lowered because the springs and struts are soft? :D Haha, probably only by about 1/4". :tongue:

That.Guy.S30
05-20-2003, 11:21 PM
the mods they had on car.. intake exhuast, rims, lowered car, headers and body kit. just like every other import on the raod. so technically the mods were illegal but not to the piont where you get the car towed. plus it was 3 girls.. fuckin cop

mwmhong
05-21-2003, 08:16 AM
ConVict and B17A are correct.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the police.
If they towed alot of cars away on the way to the show, they were probably doing one of their 'show of force' campaigns. :confused:

redx2nv
05-21-2003, 09:28 AM
hmmm yea i hate cops with a passion..if they didnt fuck with me i wouldn't badmouth them... ever been in a cop car for almost an hour just cuz your driving an import car :thumbsdow

B17a
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
hmmm yea i hate cops with a passion..if they didnt fuck with me i wouldn't badmouth them... ever been in a cop car for almost an hour just cuz your driving an import car :thumbsdow

Just for driving an import??:dunno:

XylathaneGTR
05-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Yah....I think Redx2nv needs to be bitchslapped...Obviously not EVERYcop in etown needs to be bitchslapped, because Buh just talked about a nice cop...Not your usual asshole.
You need to calm the fuck down...Maybe if people wern't such assholes to people just doing their jobs, they would act that way either.

I've been locked in a holding/interrogation cell for 2 fucking hours on a small, small, SMALL ass misdemeanor (spelling?)...And i dont fucking cry about it...I really doubt you were locked in a cop car JUST because you were driving an import...

lammer
05-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Yah....I think Redx2nv needs to be bitchslapped...Obviously not EVERYcop in etown needs to be bitchslapped, because Buh just talked about a nice cop...Not your usual asshole.
You need to calm the fuck down...Maybe if people wern't such assholes to people just doing their jobs, they would act that way either.

I've been locked in a holding/interrogation cell for 2 fucking hours on a small, small, SMALL ass misdemeanor (spelling?)...And i dont fucking cry about it...I really doubt you were locked in a cop car JUST because you were driving an import...

oh shit your a gang member, you got locked away for 2 housr!!!!

ConVict
05-21-2003, 10:11 PM

Ive been in the back of a cop car a couple of times, let alone in a locked up room with no belt, shoes, or soxs so Stop complaining. I am sure you were driving a completly legal car, not doing one single thing wrong, doing the speed limit, having your seat belt on and dont forget having your hands on 10 and 2. you seem to think you are hot shit cause you have an import !?!? Wow join the rest of the 50% of people on the roads. Let me guess those 400 000 people in calgary get pulled over all the time cause they have an import car too... riiiggghhhttt

Get off your high horse, or just the cheap drugs you probably got pulled over for.

I got pulled over once when I was driving my car. Damn cops hate on me cause I drive a domestic whats up with that :rolleyes:

lammer
05-21-2003, 11:28 PM
cops save lives.

SPooLiN
05-22-2003, 12:31 AM

redx2nv
05-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Yea ok lets rephrase my statement, asshole cops need to be bitchslapped.. They are trying to do their job but i have met a couple pricks more often enough...

But yea the accused me of stealing my car from the dealersahip and saying that 10 cops saw me being a prick to other drivers, it was a holiday-dealers were closed, it was snowing, and i was parked in a parking lot..Mother fucker put me in his car close to an hour, dam SOB :thumbsdow

Oh yea i got jumped on whyte ave once and got arrested for it aswell as a ticket, cocksuckers said i beat up two guys(which were way bigger than me)yea uhh ok...Well my friends beat thm up, saving my poor ass:rofl:

sexualbanana
05-22-2003, 12:52 AM
isn't it always funny how cops are assholes when they pull you over, but they're saviours when they catch the guy who broke into your car??

redx2nv
05-22-2003, 12:59 AM
yea uhh well when that happened they just stuck their thumb up their ass and said they are never going to find them..so that my opion on that..:thumbsdow

sexualbanana
05-22-2003, 01:06 AM
asshole cops need to be bitchslapped..

in that case, everyone who bitches about cops need to be bitchslapped

redx2nv
05-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

in that case, everyone who bitches about cops need to be bitchslapped

or bitchslap people who bitches about people saying cops that need to be bitchslapped...top that hotshot :nut:

B17a
05-22-2003, 10:48 AM

or bitchslap people who bitches about people saying cops that need to be bitchslapped...top that hotshot :nut:

I don't agree with your narrow minded views on the cops but that was a good come-back! :thumbsup:

ConVict
05-22-2003, 11:13 AM

Dude in all your examples they pulled you over for a REASON. They do get calls on their radios saying " look for this car it was stolen today " then they see a car that matchs the discription and pull it over. They arnt out to get you. With your second one, they didnt see you get jumped. They only saw the two people beat up and you standing there.
Seriously dude no offence but get your head out of your ass. You arnt that special, they dont drive around thinking how can we mess with this guys head today.
They are normal people like you and I doing their job to the best of their abilties.

buh_buh
05-22-2003, 11:26 AM
you know what? I posted this up so all you narrow minded fools could get some new ideas into your head, but obviously you guys can't handle it. So I'm just gonna close it