PDA

View Full Version : Installing Side Marker Lens On E36

funkedelic
01-15-2007, 11:35 PM
My 92 Is didn't come with a side marker lens that goes right above the molding strip on the side of the car, that other e36's have. I wanted to buy a set and install them. Has anybody done this before? I am wondering how hard it will be to place them properly and hook them up to signal along with the other lights.

Any help is appreciated.

scat19
01-15-2007, 11:40 PM
If you were to purchase the the correct molding along with the correct bulb holders, lenses etc, convert your side and front signals to L.E.D, and then just tap into your front signal it should work.

If you use incandescant bulb it will draw too much power and cause your LCM to fry, which is about 400 dollars US if i recall.

If you change to L.E.D from autolumination.com you will not fry your LCM as you draw less power (L.E.Ds use less power)

Good luck!

Dont forget realoem.com to figure out the P/N you need.

Police
01-16-2007, 12:00 AM
i doubt a 3watt bulb will start frying shit

Dayclone
01-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Could always try ebay if I helped it anyway... I'm not exactly sure what's your talking about even though I used to have a E36, but that was a long time ago and horrible memories in that car... It's like it was haunted with it's own mind or something... scary ass shit.

Steve