PDA

View Full Version : rim repair

marko polo
01-16-2007, 02:58 PM
aright so my 19 inch rim has a dent in it, not cracked or anyhting just a dent that makes my car shake at high speed and it drives me crazy. does anyone know of any place in calgary that repairs rims, if so what would it set me back to get it repaired.

AllGoNoShow
01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Mobile Wheel Repair

or

Alberta Wheel Repair

marko polo
01-16-2007, 03:12 PM
got a number for mobile wheel reapair?

i just did a search and looks like awr isnt that great of a shop is mobile any better?

marko polo
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
can mobile even straighten out the dent, i think they only do resurfacing

spyce
01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Go to Alberta Wheel Repair. Had them do some work on a rim I bent up pretyt bad before and they did an awesome job

TeamBestBud
01-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Alberta Wheel Repair

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17883

herragge
01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Keep in mind too though, that thread was from 2003. It has been 3 years or so and maybe they have changed the way they conduct business.

Any feedback?

Mike

aklalani
01-16-2007, 06:14 PM
alberta wheel repair, although they do take a while sometimes

marko polo
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by spyce
Go to Alberta Wheel Repair. Had them do some work on a rim I bent up pretyt bad before and they did an awesome job

if u dont mind me asking, how much damage and what did it cost?

'93 SR-V
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I've used AWR a few times, and they're o.k., not great, but o.k... they take a while and in my experience the rims never come back the way they should (painted lips instead of polished, etc). I remember paying around $160-200 depending on the damage.

Lanks
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I took my rim to AWR to get fixed... It had a pretty serious bend at the hub (not in the lip) so the mobile guy could not fix it. anyways my biggest beef with them was the amount of time they took. tey told me it would take a week and it actually took closer to a month. The work they did however was outstanding. It was a mesh style BBS wheel and they completely stripped and refinished it so when I got it back it looked brand new and matched the others perfectly. The cost was a little under 200 bucks

RUQUIKR
02-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Bumping a old thread, Does anyone know the # for mobile wheel repair? They did one for me last year but I lost his #.

Killa_Kam
02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
theres also a place on edmonton trail and 32nd. called pro wheels they got a reasonable prices:thumbsup:

tirebob
03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Mobile Wheel Repair... The guy is Anjay (spelling?). He is really good and he truely gives a shit about every wheel he does. The number is 861.3582

Wilson
03-03-2007, 04:12 AM
One of my wheels has a very minor bend on the lip and the other needs to be resurfaced. Im not sure who to call. Seems like mobile wheel repair is quicker.

http://www.mobilewheelrepair.com/usa_canada/can_locations_alberta.shtml

Andrzej Pijanowski
169 Sinna Heights Way Southwest
Calgary, Alberta T3H3T3
Telephone: 403-861-3582

[email protected]

But the hotel Im staying at is only 5minutes away from AWR.

Im guessing the prices are relatively the same?

RUQUIKR
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by CMSbob
Mobile Wheel Repair... The guy is Anjay (spelling?). He is really good and he truely gives a shit about every wheel he does. The number is 861.3582

Thanks

Wilson
03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Was going to use MWR but I couldnt get down to his house or his company store. Also couldnt really understand what he was talking about. He has a really thick accent so I just took my rims to AWR.

SlowLude
03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
^ Big mistake. This guy does awesome work for less than AWR and in a fraction of the time.

ninspeed
03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Andre or his brother can not fix bent rims, or rims that are missing chunks larger than about 1cm. For refinishing, he does great work, and usually will do rims for me same day or within a week. Alberta wheel does good work on bent/ large damage rims. Average turn around time there is 3 weeks if a replacement is not in the shop. (however, i have waited over 6 weeks before).

Both wheel shops give priority to bodyshops due to the volume of work sent to them

Wilson
03-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SlowLude
^ Big mistake. This guy does awesome work for less than AWR and in a fraction of the time.

Oh well...sometimes its easier to drive 5minutes than an hour and pay more.

Also, you guys didnt even reply to my post anyways.

Natasha-
03-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi I was just wondering how long mobile wheel repair usually takes? I've got one white 19' if that makes any difference?

Wilson
03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Just got my rims back from AWR...yup they suck alright. They still suck. I took them in on a Tuesday and he said he would have a tough time finishing them on Thursday...I said no problem, I need them next Thursday. His words "Ok Thursday, no problem". Next Thursday comes along and they havent even painted one of my wheels. I tell him I need the wheels asap and he gets them painted in a few hours.

I sent two rims in and both came back with huge gouges on the back/sides of the wheels. Im talking huge, about 6inches and inch or so wide. I ask why they have huge gouges on my rims and he says thats how they do their work...ooooooook:dunno: I will try and get pics later.

I get my rims home and notice there is red drip paint marks on my wheels...my wheels are gunmetal.

Fuck them.