PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

adam c
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
its been 2+ since ive gone to the gym, coupled with me getting a car, working at a desk all day and a pretty serious car accident a year ago.. anyways ive put on some extra pounds and im not happy looking in the mirror anymore
also im not happy with my health either.. at work eatting take out all the time kinda sucks

anyways, im going to join the gym at our office pretty soon (just need to get the pass)
aside from eatting better, what is the best bet for supplements and energy boosters that i can take?

i've read some of the posts here and see that Creatine is a major contributor in muscle gain, also for a peak in energy using Nox to give that extra boost

what would u guys recommend for a fat burner if any? i know theres a bunch out there and they work but they all have their side effects.. i tried taking hydroxy cut and ended up in the hospital with almost all of the warnings on the bottle

thanks

adidas
01-16-2007, 05:02 PM
The best bet would be to visit;

www.bodybuilding.com and the forums on there, that will give you the best idea of what you need to accomplish your goal. Also you will decided for yourself what is best for you and not what other ppl would suggest, cause as far as i know when i first started lifting weights ppl told me to take steroids and what not, but until you really find out what best suits you, you will never know.

Just my .02

5hift
01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Sites like bodybuilding.com do nothing but push online supplements for sale. You would be better off going to a forum based site kind of like Beyond, but for workingout/bodybuilding. The best one I've found so far is http://www.wannabebig.com/. It has really good articles written by certified people and are based with fact. The members are pretty helpful, but like Beyond they freak if you ask common things without searching first. They do have adversting but they dont push anything. The forums there are a really good place to get help ... there is so much misinformation in the fitness department on Beyond.

I dont understand why everyone is so keen on taking supplements when they just start working out consistantly.
Your going to get huge newbie gains regardless. You should work more on getting down a consistant workout scedule and most importantly a clean protien rich diet, than trying to get ripped quickly taking the next big fad. Once your newbie gains max out then start looking for supplements if your still not happy.

You've mentioned yourself that you've have a bad reaction to some supplements already. The chance of you reacting the same way to something designed to do the same thing as Hydroxicut and just a different brand, are very high. If yo want to take creatine though, that can help. Just buy the white powder version, take 5 g a day everyday. Everyone here will say other wise about loading and expensive liquid brands, but if you want an actual explaination go to the site I suggested.

adidas
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Sites like bodybuilding.com do nothing but push online supplements for sale. You would be better off going to a forum based site kind of like Beyond, but for workingout/bodybuilding. The best one I've found so far is http://www.wannabebig.com/. It has really good articles written by certified people and are based with fact. The members are pretty helpful, but like Beyond they freak if you ask common things without searching first. They do have adversting but they dont push anything. The forums there are a really good place to get help ... there is so much misinformation in the fitness department on Beyond.

Obviously you didnt understand what i wrote. If you ever visit www.bodybuilding.com you will see that they have articles for different things having to do with the body to working out.

Also i did state that he should go into the "forums".

Hopefully that cleared it up!

phrozeone
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by adam c

i've read some of the posts here and see that Creatine is a major contributor in muscle gain, also for a peak in energy using Nox to give that extra boost. what would u guys recommend for a fat burner if any? i know theres a bunch out there and they work but they all have their side effects.. [B]i tried taking hydroxy cut and ended up in the hospital with almost all of the warnings on the bottle

yo guy that stuff is bad fucking news, shit dries out your body from the inside out thats how it is a proven wieght loss product. you need to drink sooooooo much water or your body needs to retain water really well for Hydroxy cut to work at all. I personaly stay the hell awayfrom it. currently im trying out No2.
the supplyment, helps your blood vessels dialte to premote oxygen levels in your body, allowing the muscle to work hard becuase it is oxygen rich. thus burning more fat by allowing more repetitions.

pinoyhero
01-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Honestly man get into your groove first with a propoer diet and training regiment ... supps. come later.

Ben
01-17-2007, 02:31 AM
Without knowing your current size, and goals, it's tough to make some recommendations.

Essentially, what I chose to do was first drop a lot of weight and then work on building and toning the muscles afterwards.

I got myself a year membership at Talisman, and hammered down the following:

-No Junk Food. No ifs ands or buts. No "cheat day" where you can eat all the wonderful shit that you're cutting out. It's about dicipline. I gave up pop, anything with enriched flour, candy, and pretty much every fast food joint out there. I make a high nutrient shake for breakfast (protein, glutamine, OFA's, vitamins, minerals) and my lunch menu is pretty strict and light, generally green salads with grilled chicken, no dressing, MAYBE an olive oil based vinagrette. I do not consume any bad foods at all. This was slightly difficult but it was more important to me to accomplish my goal than to cheat. I make sure I get all my daily required items, less on the carb side, and try and work off more calories than I consume.

-Regular Excercise Program. I visit Talisman 4 nights per week. Some weeks more, no weeks less. Again, I am firm on this. My friends and family have had to work around this. I do a solid hour of cardio, which generally works out to between 700 and 1000 calories burned. I then do a solid hour of free weights. My body structure is extremely strong, however was wearing a parka so to speak.

-Progress Reports and Measurements. This way it is more motivating to see your improvements and results.

As for the comment about suppliments. You dont need creatine, or NOX or any of that HydroxyCut bullshit. I do however recommend IsoWhey Protein, Glutamine, and perhaps a multivitamin if you have a hard time eating fruits and veggies.

It's a sturn regiment but the results speak for themselves, 30lb's since mid October, another 10 or so to go. :)