PDA

View Full Version : Any differences in pocket bikes?

Redlyne_mr2
01-16-2007, 08:31 PM
So just looking at pocket bikes on ebay, there are some places out of Van that sell them for super cheap. I'm wondering if there is a difference in pocket bikes however. What should I look for? What should I stay away from? Is there a difference in the dual exhaust models vs the single exhaust? thanks

2BLUE
01-16-2007, 08:33 PM
That place out of vancouver is now selling atv's also.

KustomKreationZ
01-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Go to Toyz for Boyz on edmonton trail. Calgary. Awsome shop. 5 of us got mini quads from there. Sells 110cc motor ugrades, shocks and lots of ugrades for the bikes he sells.
:thumbsup:

RSX-REX
01-16-2007, 09:59 PM
The 49cc bikes perform almost identical * accept for Giovanni * they do tend to drive alittle quicker.
However the cheaper 49 cc's or the less comen brands just arnt built with the same type of quality.
Now you can get super pocket bikes 110 cc I believe, there larger then your average 49 cc pocket bike, and those things rip.
I don't reccomend pocket bikes personally, they are a hastle, get gas and oil everywhere when they start to leak and you can't drive them anywhere.
I was ripping around in the ravine by my house and two people called the cops on me.. I could of had a 2000 dollar fine if I got caught. Just my two sence.

2EFNFAST
01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I bought a pocket pike on ebay for $150shipped.

It was a cool toy for 5minutes, then I was like 'why the hell did I buy this again?'

Turned around and sold it a week later to a friend for $300.

Hehe 100% profit.

RSX-REX
01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I bought a pocket pike on ebay for $150shipped.

It was a cool toy for 5minutes, then I was like 'why the hell did I buy this again?'

Turned around and sold it a week later to a friend for $300.

Hehe 100% profit.
Simalar story I purchased mine and I did enjoy it for 2 days rather then 5 minutes, then I had the cops called on me and realized I really can't drive it anywhere.
I did'nt sell it however, few months later when I had a christmas party with my work, I gave it to some kid as a * garauge * gift. Blew everybody away, it was the life of the party haha. I didnt' need the money..

Redlyne_mr2
01-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I plan to race them with some buddies...would be boring solo, youre right.

sk65guy
01-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah i wanted a pocket bike really badly for awhile because one of my firends down the street had 2 and i thought it would be fun the day I was going to pick up mine my firends buddy was riding it and got hit by a car it was pretty bad destoryed the pocket bike and messed up the car hood nicely as well now i think there a waste of money and time.. but thats wat i think go for a quad WAYYYY BETTER

Whitetiger
01-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Those things are so nosy

Arthur Dent
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Where can you even ride those things? (legally)

The little off road dirt bike would be more fun IMO. Walmart had one for $700 or so. Probably crap but looked fun.

Whitetiger
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Probably ride them at night @ like a superstore parking lot :thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
Probably ride them at night @ like a superstore parking lot :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

MrSector9
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
remebr as with anything, you get what you pay for.

RSX-REX
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Not worth riding it even at night. Someone could call the cops without you being aware. Then you are stuck with a 2000.00 fine, or they take your liscence away.

Is it really worth it?

Redlyne_mr2
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
OK guys I didnt post this thread regarding legalities I was hoping someone on here would know something about these bikes. I have lots of places I can ride these, it will be a perfect toy to have out at the cabin in my case. Just want some answers lol

carter_prelude
01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
my co worker had a "49cc" giovoni or something mini quad and blew it up...so he ordered the 70cc kit and it was the exact same.... :dunno:

Neons4life
01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Last year Race City had pocket bike days. I believe they were on a Wednesday and the set of a course out of pilons and you could and play with them there.

Redlyne_mr2
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
my co worker had a "49cc" giovoni or something mini quad and blew it up...so he ordered the 70cc kit and it was the exact same.... :dunno:
Ok so it seems the consensus is that theyre all junk so might as well buy as cheap as possible. 150 shipped from van it is

turbotrip
01-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by RSX-REX
Not worth riding it even at night. Someone could call the cops without you being aware. Then you are stuck with a 2000.00 fine, or they take your liscence away.

Is it really worth it?

half the fun is escaping the scene when u see a cop pulling up, the adrenaline rush is great, i got my moneys worth the first week when someone called us in and we had to pick up the bike and run with it into a small forest.

and for the OP, watercooled are the best as for quality but more expensive, and for air cooled Lucky7's are the best for quality and speed, and if u want a decent cheap one giovannis are pretty good, but not all pocket bikes are the same as some of the cheap chinese ones are complete shit

EDIT: check out pocketbikeplanet.com for good info

Arthur Dent
01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Might be cool to make a kart or something out of a crashed one ...

RSX-REX
01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Giovonni pocketbikes are really nice.
You can get them off ebay for a couple hundred fully shipped.
Or Giovonni.com I believe?? Go google.com and search giovonni pocket bike.
if you want something small and racy get a 49 cc.
If you wanto go all out, you can get a 110cc, there slightly larger
however they have headlights, * some even shift * and they go like 90 miles an hour!... stupid crazy if you ask me.
the dirt bikes are super cool aswell, you can rip up forests n what not.
Best of luck!

RSX-REX
01-17-2007, 09:37 PM
P.S I had a 49cc Giovonni. I weigh 240 lb's. 260 when I had my pocket bike. * gained alittle weight at the time *
and the thing RIPPED even with My size.. I highly recomend it!
BTW Liquired cooled is the way to go. Also you can get bikes with upgraded filters, and upgraded exhuasts etc. Giovonni has it all!

2EFNFAST
01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RSX-REX
Giovonni pocketbikes are really nice.
You can get them off ebay for a couple hundred fully shipped.
Or Giovonni.com I believe?? Go google.com and search giovonni pocket bike.
if you want something small and racy get a 49 cc.
If you wanto go all out, you can get a 110cc, there slightly larger
however they have headlights, * some even shift * and they go like 90 miles an hour!... stupid crazy if you ask me.
the dirt bikes are super cool aswell, you can rip up forests n what not.
Best of luck!

I saw some guy riding his pocket bike on deerfoot once - wearing sandles and a wife-beater, no helmet. LOL!

Couldn't believe my eyes,nor the fact somebody would be stupid enough to take one onto the highway.

nonsane
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
I bought a zeimini but i wish i bought a giovanni now.

I weight 270 and the thing is pretty impressive for speed. I even had a friend who is 350 on it, and it still went pretty good.

IT seems none of them have a good build quality

so before you take it for a ride go over the entire thing and make sure all the bolts are tight. (i didn't and i had a hell of a time with the handlebars and it was running rough, turned out bolt holding down the ground wire wasn't even tightened.

I put a muffler on mine because it is too loud and attracts alot of negative attention. If you want to drive it on the street, just don't go for longer than say 10 minutes, it prevents people from getting too angry, and it usually takes the cops alot longer than that to respond to an annoyance call.

They are illegal, but Race city has pocket bike nights, and there is a club for racing them.

oh and Wear a helmet!

2EFNFAST
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by nonsane
If you want to drive it on the street, just don't go for longer than say 10 minutes, it prevents people from getting too angry, and it usually takes the cops alot longer than that to respond to an annoyance call.

I think people get angry teh second you start one up :D they are annoying as all hell

ogpog
01-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

I think people get angry teh second you start one up :D they are annoying as all hell Especially buzzing by in alley's behind your house, or when they are making long loops around your streets, so like every 30 seconds, you hear - increasing in volume at a terrifying rate - ".......mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMNNMNMNNNNEEEEEEEEAAAIAIIIAIAAIAII!AIIA!A!IAIAIA!IAI!IAUUUUUUUuuuuuoooooooooooo....."

thinmyster
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
ryan i can find you one cheap if your still looking. a buddy is looking to unload his

carzcraz
01-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Here are some pocket bikes selling locally if you're still looking.

http://www.usedcalgary.com/ReportSearchUsedAd?category=all&description=pocket%20bike&title=pocket%20bike&hide_new=N&hide_commercial=N