PDA

View Full Version : Car got broken into

gpomp
05-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Thieves took about $2000 worth of stuff from my car. It kinda sucks.

Ben
05-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Fuckin hell.

B17a
05-20-2003, 01:49 PM
When, where and how?

gpomp
UofC lot 34, this morning between 11:00am and 11:30am

RiceCake
When was this? Bastards!!!!! :guns:

B17a
05-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
UofC lot 34, this morning between 11:00am and 11:30am

Bastards! What'd they take? This is why I don't want to do anything nice to my car, the pain of losing it to theives would be too much. Boohoo!

2000impreza
05-20-2003, 01:55 PM
that sucks dude. what did they take?

mwmhong
05-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Damn. :(

Check PM

gpomp
05-20-2003, 01:58 PM
List of stolen stuff:

AM A/F Gauge
AM Boost Gauge
AM EGT Gauge
MSD BTM
BOV
Some charge piping
Digital Camera
FRS radio
Toolbox

and maybe some more that I havn't realized yet.

kaput
05-20-2003, 02:01 PM

sml
05-20-2003, 02:10 PM
I thought campus have security cameras that point at the parking lots to catch theives...

gpomp
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by sml
I thought campus have security cameras that point at the parking lots to catch theives...
No, the guy said it was pointing at the other lot today...

B17a
05-20-2003, 02:12 PM

No, the guy said it was pointing at the other lot today...

Even if it was, I have yet to hear of a single person who has actually made use of them in catching the bastards!

98type_r
05-20-2003, 02:15 PM
damn, that sucks... what's with the crime wave in the NW lately

littledan
05-20-2003, 02:18 PM
that sucks man!!! if you ever catch who stole your stuff you should rip their nipples off and rub salt and lemon juice into the nubs...:guns: thieves

syeve
05-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I hate this man!!! It seems like everyday something happens...my buddies car got broken into on the weekend...they trashed his steering colum, then stole his wheel lock...so now he lives in fear. He figures its just a matter of time before his car is on blocks now...

I HATE THEIVES.

buh_buh
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
your friend should buy new wheel locks then.

szw
05-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Definately should get them changed now, before he gets a flat tire.

Kamen
05-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Shit man, that sucks...fucking hell...
does your insurance cover this?

98type_r
05-20-2003, 02:55 PM
speaking of cars on blocks, i was driving through sandstone on sunday and i saw an integra on blocks...
was wondering if he got his rims jacked, or if he just left it like that on his driveway

max_boost
05-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear bro!
Civics are the number one target for thieves.....you had too many goodies on your car :(

GTS Jeff
05-20-2003, 03:39 PM
it musta been the 1.5GT decal that got their attention.

cocoabrova
05-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Ouch Duncan, sorry to hear:( Time for an alarm and pimpier gear I guess:thumbsup:

gpomp
05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Yes, now I wait for the insurance guys...

sml
05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Insurance is no good if the deductible is > the cost of your parts... remembering that what's attached to your car you can claim under your car insurance, but if it's not attached, then it's under your house insurance... 2x the deductible. Insurance only works towards your favor when there's huge damage or when it's a writeoff...

RiceCake
05-21-2003, 12:15 AM
But did the insurance company know you had a TC and not just a normal civic? :confused:

Damn who would have thought the freaking theives would jack your shit on that stock looking civic?

bksze
05-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
But did the insurance company know you had a TC and not just a normal civic? :confused:

Damn who would have thought the freaking theives would jack your shit on that stock looking civic?

i hope the reason they jacked it wasn't because they saw what was done to it on this board . . .

RiCE-DaDDy
05-21-2003, 01:34 AM
oh shit?!? are u kidding?? damn i was just in your car before, man that blows

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
it musta been the 1.5GT decal that got their attention.

yea the sticker is pretty ricey

legendboy
05-21-2003, 01:38 AM
I think that there is someone on this board doing this shit.

BTW, you better not let your insurance know you have a turbo installed or they will probably void your insurance.

dj_honda
05-21-2003, 01:48 AM
duncan clean out your mailbox man

Originally posted by bksze

i hope the reason they jacked it wasn't because they saw what was done to it on this board . . .

i am sure that is exactly what happened...why else would people steal charge piping and shit like that?

spiceboy
05-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Hey gpomp,

I park in Lot34 too .. and my car got broken into last week. The thief stole my stereo, CDs, sunglasses, and my gym back from the back ... he even stole my wheel tools (including the lock nut adapter) so I'll probably need to get a new set of nuts.
He tried to hotwire my car and completely dismantled my steering column and the ignition housing.
This is the 2nd breakin to me ... and on top of that there were 3 other vandalism incidents ... I don't know what to do anymore. Perhaps I should get a beater instead.

ecstasy_civic
05-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
I think that there is someone on this board doing this shit.

BTW, you better not let your insurance know you have a turbo installed or they will probably void your insurance.

:werd: its all to common of an occurance:devil:

sml
05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Here's my insight on this:

1. If you have shit done to your car, don't gloat about it.

2. If you have shit done to your car, don't advertise it over the internet.

3. Never put "rob me" stickers (ie 1.5GT) all over your car to confirm to thieves that yes this is the car with all the shit done to it. (This is one of the single most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life)

4. Never open your hood to strangers at some random car meet where thieves could be "scouting" your shit out.

5. Never leave big ticket items in your vehicle.

6. Never leave any item that you wish to see again in your unattended vehicle in a public parking lot that's famous for break-ins.

And you were followed because there's no way in hell that they could have stripped your car in the 30 mins that you were away from you car. They must have started as soon as you left the car and had one person follow you into the Univ and when you're about to go back to your car, they call to tell the other person to pack it up. You were lucky you were only gone for 30 mins or your whole car would have been gone. That would not be cool at all.

RiceCake
05-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Good post sml! But on a side note, its truely sad if someone was on these boards just to scout for the hardworking people that put their resources and time to build these cars :(

Hollywood
05-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by sml
Here's my insight on this:

1. If you have shit done to your car, don't gloat about it.

2. If you have shit done to your car, don't advertise it over the internet.

3. Never put "rob me" stickers (ie 1.5GT) all over your car to confirm to thieves that yes this is the car with all the shit done to it. (This is one of the single most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life)

4. Never open your hood to strangers at some random car meet where thieves could be "scouting" your shit out.

5. Never leave big ticket items in your vehicle.

6. Never leave any item that you wish to see again in your unattended vehicle in a public parking lot that's famous for break-ins.

My opinion on your rules of thumb.

1. If you gloat to even your friends chances out other people all ready know.

2. Can't avoid it.

3. OK.

4. Chances are your not opening your hood to strangers but as you show your friends others come by, especially at wed meets.

5. This one is just dumb, I dont think a person is going to take out items when the leave their car. Last time I checked they do not make a detachable IC face.

6. True, but in some cases hard to avoid.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear gpomp. That sucks.

My personal rule is 0% stereo equipment.....and the flame thower anti-theft device.

boi-alien
05-21-2003, 04:08 PM
always park in well lit and if possible patrolled lots. or park in areas where there's high traffic. if you were only going to the U for 30 mins you shoulda parked at a meter, that's what i always do, the meters right by the cove, there's millions of people walking by at any time of day.

gpomp
05-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

My personal rule is 0% stereo equipment.....and the flame thower anti-theft device.
I didn't have any stereo equipment...

Originally posted by boi-alien
always park in well lit and if possible patrolled lots. or park in areas where there's high traffic. if you were only going to the U for 30 mins you shoulda parked at a meter, that's what i always do, the meters right by the cove, there's millions of people walking by at any time of day.
It was the first time that I visited the U of C. The security guy said he checked out the lot 2 times during the time that I was gone.

szw
05-21-2003, 04:19 PM
i bet it was the security guard

Seanith
05-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by szw

lol :nut:
good luck with your stuff..which one is lot 34 again?

mwmhong
05-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by szw

Interesting.
If it was the security guard, then they would actually get their accomplice to nail the car while they keep an eye out for witnesses while looking like they are 'patrolling the area'.
They would also know about the blindspotted lots that the cameras are NOT aimed at. :confused:

ninjak84
05-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Thieves took about $2000 worth of stuff from my car. It kinda sucks.

i just met you the other night at the silver city cruise
sorry to hear, good luck with everything :(

aZnBlooD
05-21-2003, 08:26 PM
ouch!!! sorry to hear about that dude! damn theives....they mustve known what you did to your car.

And you were followed because there's no way in hell that they could have stripped your car in the 30 mins that you were away from you car. They must have started as soon as you left the car and had one person follow you into the Univ and when you're about to go back to your car, they call to tell the other person to pack it up. You were lucky you were only gone for 30 mins or your whole car would have been gone. That would not be cool at all.

you got a point there.

sml
05-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong

Interesting.
If it was the security guard, then they would actually get their accomplice to nail the car while they keep an eye out for witnesses while looking like they are 'patrolling the area'.
They would also know about the blindspotted lots that the cameras are NOT aimed at. :confused:

hmm... that'd be a pretty damn good scam! That's why you shouldn't pay security guards minimum wage... less incentive for them to have to make some extra cash on the side...