PDA

View Full Version : Help me Build A New Gaming PC Rig

s--dime
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Like the title says im looking at building a new gaming rig I want something with dual graphics cards and at least 2 gigs of ram also a minimum of a half terabyte of space. Im like some input on what i should get from you guys thanks! My budget is $2000-$3000

rvd
01-17-2007, 07:40 PM
get a tuniq tower 120, if your going the aircooling route, and plan on overclocking.

Toms-SC
01-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Do you have any experience building a PC?

s--dime
01-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Do you have any experience building a PC?

A Little but a friend of mines helping me build it and he worked for computers for schools before doing volunteer work building them.

natejj
01-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by s--dime
Like the title says im looking at building a new gaming rig I want something with dual graphics cards and at least 2 gigs of ram also a minimum of a half terabyte of space. Im like some input on what i should get from you guys thanks! My budget is $2000-$3000

Walk into Memory express, say "I want to spend 2000-3000 dollars blah blah blah" and in 20 minutes, you will be a very happy man.

Sykes
01-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by natejj

Walk into Memory express, say "I want to spend 2000-3000 dollars blah blah blah" and in 20 minutes, you will be a very happy man.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GTi-RS
02-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Just make sure you're talking to someone who know something. Most, from my experience are dumb, opinionated "sales staff". And I'm not saying this is just a Memory express. They are in most stores.

I'd say do some research on what parts go together and what are good parts for your specific needs.

Toms Hardware has a decent forum that I suggest you browse.

EnRich
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by GTi-RS
Just make sure you're talking to someone who know something. Most, from my experience are dumb, opinionated "sales staff". And I'm not saying this is just a Memory express. They are in most stores.

I'd say do some research on what parts go together and what are good parts for your specific needs.

Toms Hardware has a decent forum that I suggest you browse.

Yep... Good call on that. Whenever I walk into ME, I always only see one guy, the rest of them are plain fucking idiots. I dont know his name though, I'll actually let ppl in front of me until my guy gets free, I absolutly HATE dealing with anyone else there.