PDA

View Full Version : Cheap place (SE, SW) to workout w/ Treadmill

PeterGTiR
01-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Anybody know of any decent places to workout in the SE, SW?

Here are the conditions:
-I only want to use the facilities in the Winter and Spring when it's below 10 C. I can run outside when it's warm, and I have free weights.
-has to have a treadmill
-I don't want to pay for a year's membership
-planning on using it for 2-3 times a week

I've been going to the City of Calgary swimming pools, and the drop in rate is $5.25.

Know any places that will work for me, are better priced, and aren't too busy?

ashee
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Probodies in Marda Loop is the cheapest from what I have heard, $20 or so a month.

buh_buh
01-18-2007, 12:39 AM
the YMCA on heritage is pretty cheap, but kinda shitty. But it does have freeweights and treadmills.
And if you buy the cheap membership at the one on heritage, you can use it at any YMCA in Canada.

Whitetiger
01-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Smart plan

Payner
01-18-2007, 01:02 AM
californa health express

justincalgary
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
AI Fitzone, inexpensive and not really ever busy.

Delta
01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Get a 10 pass card at the City of Calgary places. Too bad you don't go to MRC. They have good shit. Good luck.

ercchry
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
the YMCA on heritage is pretty cheap, but kinda shitty. But it does have freeweights and treadmills.
And if you buy the cheap membership at the one on heritage, you can use it at any YMCA in Canada.

dont think thats true, i had a membership for the south fish creek one and you could only go to ones that were the same or cheaper price

Seanith
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

dont think thats true, i had a membership for the south fish creek one and you could only go to ones that were the same or cheaper price

your right. If you get the south fish creek you can go to all the other ones (since its the most expensive along with eau claire). If you get the ghetto heritage one you can't go to the other ones as well.

Crymson
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
you don't have to go to MRC to buy a membership there. My friend just switched to MRC from Westside and he loves it ( i think he just loves 18 year old girls in lulu lemom though)