PDA

View Full Version : Struts for lowering springs help!!

Justinrc
01-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey,

So im looking at lowering my 95 talon 2''.

Springs rate = 335 Front and 250 Rear. I can't seem to get a straight anwser from anyone one what kind of struts I should use with my springs. Im on a budget, but im looking for something that will hold up and not blow.

Im using the car as a daily driver, and im not going to be using the car for anything aggresive. People have told me that the KYB GR-2's are good for my driving, others say that they will not hold up. I was told that the Tokico HP (blues) will not hold up, and that basicly I should use adjustables. What would work with my springs, Im mainly concerned about them blowing out in a years time. I need something which will hold up.

Thanks for your help,
Justin

mo_money2supe
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Definitely not the GR-2's if you're lowering by that much. If you want to stick with KYB, the AGX's are much better suited for lowered vehicles. Also look into the Koni Red's if you're not too concerned about the quick, easy, and pricier adjustability features of the Yellow's. As for the Tokico's, I've heard great feedback about them as well, but because I'm not familiar with their lineup, I'll let someone else comment on those.

Justinrc
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
My biggest thing is I don't want to have to replace my struts in a years time from now, I would love the Koni yellows but, maybe down the road!

Justinrc
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Iv been trying to find out what the tokicos max drop and spring rate is, I contacted tokico no call back yet though.

Anyone here ran the Tokico Blues on there car? Good Bad??????

arian_ma
01-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I had Tokico blues on my car. They are great, they handled my drop which was I think 1.7" I don't remember exactly. But before the drop I could fit my fist in between the wheel and fender and after it was only a finger. The Tokicos held up fine, no leaks or anything, but the ride was not comfortable by any means (which I guess you are expecting)

Justinrc
01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
How long did you have the tokicos on your car for?

msommers
01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Justinrc
I can't seem to get a straight anwser from anyone one what kind of struts I should use with my springs. Im on a budget, but im looking for something that will hold up and not blow.

What the hell is your budget then?! Maybe that's why no one is helping you. Let us know so we can shed some light on your situation. :)