PDA

View Full Version : New NHL Jerseys

CaptainReboot
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
What do you think??

A lot better than I though they would be

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/sid_newjersey_66821.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/untitled.jpg

"The new jerseys will be worn by the NHL all-stars in Dallas next week and then by the entire league next season. That's also when they'll go on sale for the public. "

slick2404
01-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Not bad I guess. matching pants? and what with those socks...or is it just oversized shin pads

edit. haha saw this on google
http://www.petitiononline.com/nhl66/petition.html

5hift
01-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Actually these new jersey's are supposed to be considerably tighter. The initial player response has not been good at all either, as once again the league made the decision without checking with the players. The biggest concern I've heard them talking about is the fact that many players wear items to protect injuries. A huge bulky area on a forearm where the jersey is stretched too tight is just asking to be slashed.

I think we have a repeat of the NBA bringing in a new ball without checking with their players. Like the NBA, if the players dont like it, we'll be going back.

Either way for me, I'm not buying a new jersey, so I could care less.

ZedMan
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Probably gonna be a bunch of players mysteriously growing a size or two in the offseason.

tapout
01-19-2007, 12:14 AM
fugly :thumbsdow

88CRX
01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
ghey :thumbsdow

toyboy88
01-19-2007, 09:10 AM
boo....buying new jerseys for all teams...just another money making scam lol :rolleyes:

BerserkerCatSplat
01-19-2007, 10:29 AM
They look terrible, bring back the old ones! :thumbsdow

asuth077
01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
Actually these new jersey's are supposed to be considerably tighter. The initial player response has not been good at all either, as once again the league made the decision without checking with the players. The biggest concern I've heard them talking about is the fact that many players wear items to protect injuries. A huge bulky area on a forearm where the jersey is stretched too tight is just asking to be slashed.

I think we have a repeat of the NBA bringing in a new ball without checking with their players. Like the NBA, if the players dont like it, we'll be going back.

Either way for me, I'm not buying a new jersey, so I could care less.

Didn't the NHL have these tested at training camps and with practice jerseys? I know Team Canada wore the Nike ones and took player feedback from those.

Hence the change from the REALLY tight Nike ones to these better fitted jerseys. Also the material is suppose to hold 75% less moisture making it lighter, and it keeps body temperature down a few degrees.

I don't think the design is enough to screw players up like the NBA baseketball did.

Also I think that all-star jersey is ugly, but I bet the team jerseys look great next year.

5hift
01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by asuth077

Didn't the NHL have these tested at training camps and with practice jerseys? I know Team Canada wore the Nike ones and took player feedback from those.

Hence the change from the REALLY tight Nike ones to these better fitted jerseys. Also the material is suppose to hold 75% less moisture making it lighter, and it keeps body temperature down a few degrees.

I don't think the design is enough to screw players up like the NBA baseketball did.

Also I think that all-star jersey is ugly, but I bet the team jerseys look great next year.

I was pretty much repeating the discussion I heard Mike Richards and some other guys have on the FAN960 that morning. So unless they dont know what they are talking about either :dunno:

Vietsta
01-19-2007, 12:29 PM
tight:thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
i think its nice for the all star game but thats where it stops!

sputnik
01-23-2007, 10:42 AM
the stars look lame

gpomp
01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
the stars look lame
well, it's for the all STAR game

toomuchb00st
01-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Haha. Toyboy this is the first time I've noticed your sig...thats gold.