PDA

View Full Version : Paypal sellers

riced
01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering for those of you that use ebay or paypal to sell items.
do you gotta be verified in order to send the invoice and recieve payments from non-verified and verified members?

Also, when shipping out items... do you guys use Canada post to ship it to places in Canada and the US? or would it be better to go to UPS or something?

I wanna start selling... and paypal customer service licks ass.

samo147
01-19-2007, 02:21 AM
not sure about the paypal anymore since its changed
but to be verifiied it doesnt take very long
you can do it over the phone in a few seconds or have them mail you a letter and you just type in the code....

i think even if your unverified you can still do everything a verified member can it just gives you more credibility?? im not 100% sure but i think thats the case

as for shipping i usually send stuff by canada post...
Its cheaper for your and can help avoid brokerage fees for your customers...

and really you can charge whatever you want for shipping and its the customers responsibility to pay... and it depends on how they want it shipped
you can give them options and ask them to msg you for a quote on the shipping price

but yeah i usually ship by canada post most customers dont mind how long it takes to get there usually 1-2 weeks if the shipping cost is cheap

hope that helps

riced
01-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Alright thanks.

I know to be verified, I believe you need a credit card.. although I saw somewhere that they would call you or mail you as well.
I think it was for something different? I'll have to double check on that.

And thanks for clearing the shipping up. I saw that a lot of people usually use UPS, Fed Ex or USPS but i never saw Canada post.

Thanks again

Crymson
01-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I think when i got "verfied" a code appeared beside a 1 dollar charge on my credit card bill, the 1$ was then refunded, and that was the code you entered.

Things may have changed, that was quite a few years ago.

riced
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM
that was when you first sign up for paypal with your bank account
they give you like a random amount.. less than 1 dollar and you gotta check it and tell paypal what it is to verify your bank account

so its sorta different

it just sucks cause when i make payments, it takes 5-7 business days for paypal to take the money from my bank account and then to pay the seller.
if I was verified, it would happen right away.

the main thing i wanna know is... do i gotta be verified to sell things and recieve payments then?