PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong

essential.mix
01-18-2007, 11:06 PM
One of my family members is going to Hong Kong. Ive never been. Im told they have some good shit to buy? Can anyone give me an idea as to what i should request to be brought back? Im on telus so i think cell phones is out.... any other ideas?

mo_money2supe
01-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Electronics and car parts/accessories are first to come to mind. :thumbsup:

Xtrema
01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Not much really. Only if you know somebody that know their shit over there, then buy some electronics. So many scams.

Plus electronics carries no warranty. So stuff are labeled in Japanese, so beware. I would only buy cool cheap little gadgets.

I would go fashion shopping. At least almost everything that can go wrong is detectable.

harv91
01-18-2007, 11:53 PM
i heard brand names clothes are a sweet thing down there.

Lacoste was what i got a few polo's
i don't know if your allowed to bring car parts over but that'd be

pretty cool. Nothing big like a full exhaust but maybe Bov's etc.

bring back a hong kong girl for me if you run out of idea's :devil:

Rav4Guy
01-18-2007, 11:59 PM
car parts...MONG KOK
clothing.... everywhere! TSIM TSA TSUI/CENTRAL/CAUSEWAY BAY
food... hard not to eat every hour.. so much food.

you can bring back car parts... just remember you'll need to declare the value for customs.

camby
01-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Clothes and books is usually my request.

Whitetiger
01-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Try not to buy electronics from street vendors if you don't know what you're buying, those ppl scam big time. (The ones on Shum Shei Po)

I was buying a hidden spy pinhole cam, didn't know shit about them. Asked buddy if it makes a difference with PAL or NTSC, he said no... so I bought a system... came home, didn't work. :(

And don't buy those 6 for $100 XXX videos from the shady malls... either it's not the proper pirate video (they just put some random shit, and print the cover of a new release), or it's not a completed full copy.

Have fun, get some long time.