PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Shit The Bed - Bookmarks

kaput
01-19-2007, 03:33 PM

schocker
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I have had this happen a few times myself
Go into your main drive > Documents and Settings > your user name > Now you must go tools, folder options, view and choose show hidden files and folders, now you should see application data, go to mozilla, firefox, profiles, xxxxx.default, bookmark backups, and just copy the latest one to the desktop and import it from firefox and that should work.

msommers
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I have a problem with firefox and bookmarks as well. Whenever I want to save one, it either doesn't save it, or erases the name but still leaves a symbol.

I've also had lots of problems with firefox crashing before, for no reason, one window, one tab, it was bizarre. Version 2.0 is complete shit compared to their last version IMO

schocker
01-19-2007, 05:10 PM
i originally had issues with 2.0 when it would hang and freeze, but havnt had anything with the last few updates. the bookmark thing is the worst though, i hated having to dig it up every time.

adam c
01-19-2007, 05:12 PM
mine hangs and freezes and gives me a dumb message about cancelling scripts and it wont save bookmarks and erased all my old ones

A2VR6
01-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by adam c
mine hangs and freezes and gives me a dumb message about cancelling scripts and it wont save bookmarks and erased all my old ones

same here, it was after i upgraded to 2.0 so I told myself fuck it, and I went back to the old version.

BananaJaK
01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
get this: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2410/

It syncs your bookmarks to any computer. Also keeps a copy on a server so if you ever lose them you can just resync. :thumbsup:

toyboy88
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
yea everyone in a while when my comp freezes/stall and i restart my computer everything is gone :cry:

kaput
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM

Tik-Tok
01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Thank you very much schocker, that saved a lot of headaches.

This has happened to me as well, only it wasn't really gone, for some reason, when I shut firefox down, it didn't completely shutdown, and when I opened it up again, it opened as a different "profile"

I had to go to the "Task Manager", then in "Processes" I closed 3 different firefoxes that were running.

schocker
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Thank you very much schocker, that saved a lot of headaches.
np, i know it is a bitch when it happens. havnt had that issue in awhile though thankfully