PDA

View Full Version : strained neck

fluid
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I was at the gym doing overhead DB press, i did 10 reps, it wasent even to faliure, i felt a crack in my neck, and when i put down the weight, my neck strained, the whole left side....i couldnt look left or right cause it hurt so much.
This was yesterday, today its not as bad, but still hurts...any way i can get this to recover faster....i got a exam in a couple days, and i dont want this during it...

Also anyone know why this happened, and how i can prevent it?

thx

Honda EXR
01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
do you stretch before/after? Your muscles can be easily strained by not doing it.

ercchry
01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Honda EXR
do you stretch before/after? Your muscles can be easily strained by not doing it.

not really the problem i never stretch and dont know anyone that does, only time i would stretch would be before football and never after

i think the reason would be because you let the weight go back too far when you were lifting try to keep it more infront

but since its to late now i would say heat, then massage (perferably by a sexy female) and then ice

pyar_deewane
01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
yah u can...there is sum over the shelf medicine for just that type of pain...go to any pharmacy and they will give u sum stuff...its kinda like robaxacet or sumthing
g/l:thumbsup:

xrayvsn
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Go see your doctor and get some x-rays. Make sure you didn't give yourself a "clayshoveler's" fracture.

fluid
01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
thanks for the replies guys, xrayvsn, i dont think it is that bad....hopefully not:confused: lol

xrayvsn
01-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I've seen them from relatively minor trauma like shovelling snow. You heard a crack, and got pain. I'm a worst scenario kind of guy, so once you rule out the worst thing it can be, then you look at conservative measures.

H4LFY2nR
01-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Really severe pain in my neck, so bad I couldn't continue my workout. I took a few days off and it still gave me problems. I had to take a whole week off before it healed. Don't waste time reinjuring it and take a week off from lifting now.