PDA

View Full Version : 07 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

old&slow
01-21-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm curious about this bike and was trying to find more info on it.Being it's an 07 there dont seem to be much.
Will ride characteristics be similar to the 2006's?
Any Harley riders on this board?
Anyone with any comments?
Would you buy a Harley?

Tik-Tok
01-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I'd assume the ride would be the same as Harley's don't change much over the years.

I'd never own one, FAR too overpriced for what they are, I've never understood how a bike that is widely known for unreliability has a sticker price twice that of a similar non H.D. It'd be like Ford selling it's Focus or Chev selling it's Aveo for twice the price of a Civic or Corolla.

I've seen several Harley owners wearing shirts that say "I'd rather be pushing a Harley, than riding a Honda" I guess they're proud of their unreliability? :dunno:

old&slow
01-21-2007, 07:51 AM
I am currently interested in 2 bikes...the aforementioned harley and the Kawasaki VN2000. There's about $5000 difference between them. Never test rode either so I'm kinda screwed in that sense.

All I can say for sure is when I get up close and personal the Softail seems like a nicer machine in regards to aesthetics.
It looks solid and isn't covered with plastic chrome.
It fits like a glove when I sit on it!

To be fair I think the days of Harley unreliability are over!

98brg2d
01-21-2007, 10:39 AM
My dad's Harley (2005 Sportster 1300?) is constantly having problems. So far everything has been covered under warranty but it has been everything from tires to gaskets (oil pump cover).

old&slow
01-21-2007, 11:11 AM
^^^^^^Maybe I am wrong^^^^^^:dunno:

mroseneder
01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
The '07s are a completely re-designed bike.

If you read up on the website, you'll see the that engine is now 96 cubic inches instead of 88. They have a factory six-speed. They make substantially more power and apparently can keep up to the Japanese cruisers.

I have an '05 Sportster and haven't had any problems with it.

The drawback to the '07s is that aftermarket parts won't be released until sometime this summer.

Supposedly great bikes this year...

Cowtown_Raider
01-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Good to see you again, old&slow ;)

old&slow
01-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
Good to see you again, old&slow ;)

Back at ya! :)

CelicaHottie
02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Harley is totally the way to go...get the best of the best for cruising motorcycles!!

SikAssR1
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by CelicaHottie
Harley is totally the way to go...get the best of the best for cruising motorcycles!!

haha yes if you want to fix it more then ride it!

old&slow
02-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by CelicaHottie

Bought this instead!
http://members.shaw.ca/rsxer/02%20Nomad%202.jpg

Kona9
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
congrats on the purchase!

I sold the last run of Indian Motorcycles here in Calgary before the factory shut down.

I would buy one of those in a second over a Harley. Even though the Chiefs and their proprietory engine "Power Plus 100" is beginning to have an issue now and again with the heads. The other two models, Spirit and Scout, run on an S&S 88.

Fun bikes without the "Harley Attitude."

I do have to say that the prices of Harleys have come down in price a fair bit. The VRSCDX Night Rod is at about 18 K tax in when I checked it out a couple months ago.

I would still have a hard time owning a Harley. You never know though.

Custom 50's style Hot rods FTW!!