PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard- flaky - is this bad luck or defect?

RX_EVOLV
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I recent bought a new snowboard and used it for the second time yesterday. Half way through the day I saw this on the tail end of the snowboard. I'm just wondering if it is just bad luck on my side, or is it manufacturer defect. I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/rx_evolv/snowboardflake.jpg

kaput
01-21-2007, 03:34 PM

snowboard
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
you coulda done that.
i did that to mine, was off trail in some powder tossed my board into some snow to build and just chipped the tip like that.

Lo)2enz0
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
hard to say. worth a try to see if you can get a new one

but that can easily happen

what type of board is it?

Canmorite
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
If you don't get warranty coverage on it, take some bondo (or some strong plastic adhesive glue) and some vices. I used to fix skis and boards like that all the time.

RX_EVOLV
01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Nothing fancy. Just a Technine classsic 161. I actually order it online from boardzone.com. but if its a simple DYI fix then i rather do that than going through the hassle and wait time to get it replaced.

bigboom
01-22-2007, 11:23 AM
did someone crash into your board or ride over it? i had that happen to me and now i have a cut just like that...looks like you have a scuff mark right under it or is that part of the board design?

boarderfatty
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Use epoxy and clamp it down, try and keep something flat and with large surface area between clamp and board. I work in the Sport Mart tech shop, and what we use are old plastic wax scrapers. I would use one clamp right over the damage, and 2 on either sides of the scraper, to distribute the pressure evenly, and make sure that it all stays down. You can pick up scrapers almost anywhere, I think Sport Mart sells them for like $5