PDA

View Full Version : I could be wrong but..

adam c
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
this doesn't seem like a type r to me

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=25667560&pgno=2&srt=1

Auto
A/C
Sunroof
No Front Lip
Looks to big (type r is a smaller body)

ogpog
01-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by adam c

Thats completely incorrect on your part.

But the A/c on the other hand wasn't an option on type r's till 2000, yet that is a 1998. Hmmm..

pyar_deewane
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
probably got stickers everywhere that says its type r

werent type r's only made in championship white?:dunno:
but i think that was only for 2001

mo_money2supe
01-21-2007, 10:33 PM
It's a Type R 'cause there's a sticker on the side and whatever Hot Zone Automotive sees labelled is obviously correct. :rolleyes: Reminds me of how a buddy of mine picked up a 95 Civic Si (which should have a VTEC d16 in it) for $6k, but when he opened up the hood, the previous owner had actually put in a b16a2. The dealer obviously saw the VTEC on the motor and thought that it must be stock.

Anyway, back to the ad, first off, ITR's never came in Auto (at least not in CDM or USDM anyway), and what the heck are you talking about with a type r having a smaller body?!

asp integra
01-21-2007, 10:39 PM
if it was a real type r i would imagine they would say something about the engine in the description

adam c
01-21-2007, 10:39 PM
type r in comparison to regular integras are smaller

ogpog
01-21-2007, 10:43 PM

No, no they are not.

Why would a company, instead of simply reducing weight, and adding power to one of their cars, REMAKE the WHOLE entire car, inside and out, but have it look EXACTLY the same on the outside and inside.:dunno: :rolleyes:

If the chin spoiler, massive rear spoiler, side skirts and alloy wheels are making you think its drastically smaller than the already fuckin small integra, you might need glasses.

mo_money2supe
01-21-2007, 10:43 PM

How so?! If you're talking about height, stock ITR vs stock teg, then yes, but otherwise, I have no idea where you're getting that from.

Team_Mclaren
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM

no they are not

edit: lol people jumped on you alot faster than i can post.

sh0ko
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
maybe he means lower?! haha i thought they were the same size

marko polo
01-21-2007, 10:47 PM
def not a type r

ogpog
does lower = smaller to this guy?

"Hey man, your lowered civic looks sweet! Ah, but its soo much smaller than my civic."

adam c
i guess i was wrong.. i thought i read somewhere that the height is shorter then a regular integra.. im not talking width or length

ogpog
01-21-2007, 10:48 PM
i guess i was wrong.. i thought i read somewhere that the height is shorter then a regular integra.. im not talking width or length

Its like 0.3" lower in ride height than a normal one.

And if you are referring to the body being shorter, which im guessing by this:

this doesn't seem like a type r to me

the body is most definatly unchanged. Why would they make the type r integra body shorter?

Zephyr
01-21-2007, 10:50 PM
wrong color. looks like a four lug rim too

KuruptEX
01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Beginning in 1995, Honda produced the first iteration of Integra to receive the "Type-R" badge, building it from the DC2 chassis. This model is called the Integra Type-R (ITR). The 2nd DC2-generation Integra Type-R had a B18C5 VTEC with maximum output in the range of 200 HP, increased over the more common 129 HP ZC and 180hp B18C engine in other Integra models. Other changes in the new Type-R Integra included various alterations to the chassis to improve handling and reduce weight (such as better welding of the frame, and removal of the radio and noise-suppressing materials). The DC2 Integra Type-R also includes aeroform bumpers, spolier, Type-R specific badging, Recaro seats and Momo Steering wheel. The movie titled, "Best Motoring: Type-R Legend" goes into great detail about the DC2 ITR.

In 2001, Honda announced the release of the Integra Type-R for the new DC5 chassis. a more sporty variant of the most recent model of Integra and successor to the DC2 Integra Type-R. The DC5 Integra Type-R's K20A i-VTEC powerplant has a specific output of 220 HP at 8500 rpm, a six-speed manual transmission, a reworked exterior that is very similar to the older DC2 design, and also includes aeroform bumpers, spoiler, and 17 in wheels. The interior of the new Type-R, like the DC2, includes Recaro seats and a Momo steering wheel, and the model also includes Type-R-specific badging and a helical limited-slip differential (LSD). The movie titled, "Best Motoring: New M3 Takes on JDM Super Sports!" goes into detail on the new DC5 ITR.

source wikipedia

adam c
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM

i said height not body length

Eken9
01-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Integra Type R's have a different chassis than normal integra. If you don't believe me go do some research.

KuruptEX
01-21-2007, 11:07 PM
In 2001, Honda announced the release of the Integra Type-R for the new DC5 chassis

ryder_23
01-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Eken9
Integra Type R's have a different chassis than normal integra. If you don't believe me go do some research.

Well I dont believe you, have been doing research, and it falls under the dc2 integra chassis. So I would like to see your information.

ogpog
01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Well I dont believe you, have been doing research, and it falls under the dc2 integra chassis. So I would like to see your information. :werd:

DelSoln
01-22-2007, 12:52 AM
http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/general/spottersguide.php

Whitetiger
01-22-2007, 01:00 AM
:drama: