PDA

View Full Version : anyone work at Earls Restaurants?

Grip172
01-22-2007, 01:46 AM
i'm thinking about applying there to wash dishes or some shit.. i have never done this kind of work..i've mostly done labourer shit like the oil rigs and stuff but I need a decent PT job..

anyways, what's dish washing like ?does it suck completely horribly bad or is it tolerable and does the back room get crazy hot? i lose my temper when i'm too hot hahahahha:banghead:

dj_rice
01-22-2007, 01:57 AM
During peak hours, very fast paced....

smokedog
01-22-2007, 02:24 AM
i was a dishwasher.....quit the next day....i'm just like you.....worked mostly labour jobs...thought i give dishwashing a chance...since i just needed a part-time job....it sucked....never will i apply for a kitchen job ever.....it's just nasty working as a dishwasher.....the sinks get cloaked with ppl's left overs...you work by yourself...it's just filthy....trust me don't apply for dishwashing position

Lo)2enz0
01-22-2007, 02:47 AM
a friend of mine (QUINN on here) works in the kitchen at the downtown location

but i won't was dishes, i did it for one shift at ricky's and there is no freaking way i will EVER clean up someone elses mess. no offence to anyone who does

Whitetiger
01-22-2007, 02:55 AM
I've done it on part time occasions.

Usually gets labeled as dish-pig, and unless "YOU" are some super doper playa/pimp type or rich, or driving some fancy ass car; you can throw away ANY chance you have with any waitresses, no matter how slutty she may be (well, unless she only likes doing dish-boys)

And it doesn't even matter if you make like $10-$12 and the waiter dude had a shitty night averaging $9... The dish-boy is still the bottom of the pole.

Of course unless this was a cash job at a smaller restaurant, and they're paying decent money. (if you know the right owners who are deseprate during labour short like the weekends and who are willing to pay you good coins, it's a good paying mindless job)

WWJAI
01-22-2007, 02:56 AM
If your thinking about washing dishes at a place like earl's, you might want to try cactus club as well because a week or two ago i saw job opening there's for dishwashers in the calgary sun and it was around the $13/hr range. Their also hiring waiters and waitresses.

eur0
01-22-2007, 03:33 AM
I worked as a chef at the old Joey's Southport before they moved to Chinook. If you were young with no exp. cooking they put you on dish for a few months. I was doing it for about 4 months part time and I actually didn't mind.

Shitty sides of the job...

- You gotta take out the garbage bags of moldy food that gets dumped from peoples' left-over meals.
- The sink clogs a lot so you gotta get in there and scoop it out with your hands.
- Gets crazy busy between 7:00 - 8:30, depending on location.

Canmorite
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
You will start out washing dishes, which is ok. I got moved into kitchen a week after, and I left a month later. Working till 1-2 am in the morning cleaning up, then waking up for school at 6:30am.

Wasn't pretty.

Grip172
01-22-2007, 10:11 AM
ok well i think this thread answered my questions...
fuck the food industry haha
i won't be a waiter or anything like that either
aaaand i also won't work retail, i'm a dude, not a GAPkid

doublepostwhore
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
^ if you ever work at FS/ Any major electronics dealer you would eat your words x3

I brought home 10g over christmas. :rolleyes: Retail + comish > Kitchen

I have worked in the food industry comming up on 6 years.