PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Problem

Euro838
01-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Okay, here's the deal, i think there's like 4-5 squirrels that like to live on our roof or something and they are extremely loud and annoying!!! I know they are cute and all but when they're running back and forth on your roof all day beginning at 6 am, you definitely want them gone! Anyways, are there such things are squirrel traps or what's the best way to get rid of them? I don't want to exterminate them but do want them gone!!! Thanks.

FreakinPrince
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Euro838
Okay, here's the deal, i think there's like 4-5 squirrels that like to live on our roof or something and they are extremely loud and annoying!!! I know they are cute and all but when they're running back and forth on your roof all day beginning at 6 am, you definitely want them gone! Anyways, are there such things are squirrel traps or what's the best way to get rid of them? I don't want to exterminate them but do want them gone!!! Thanks.

used to have this problem and noticed that my pine tree branch was lending against ontop my rooft..so i cut that down...short enough so that they barely can walk on roof from the branch

other then that...really just clean up your root ...and keep it away from any branches near by....

that's all i can think of

drew_goring
01-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Maybe something like those sticky traps they use for mice and rats. Or if that doesn't work a rat trap baited with peanut butter should fix your problem.

Euro838
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Was hoping not to kill them but if that's what it takes. Please don't flame me for doing so because I'm willing to try other alternatives (that won't cost me much) if someone can suggest them. There are no trees directly accessible to my roof. They just use the stucco to climb up. Thanks.

bbcustoms
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
My pellet gun keeps them away from my house

drew_goring
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
If you don't want to kill them maybe there is something you can attach to the stucco that prevents them from climbing. Kinda like those spikes you get to keep birds away.

pepschnops
01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
there are squirrel traps that are similar to larger traps that are used to catch larger critters like skunks. I have used them and they work well. Stick a piece of bait in the middle and let them come in and get caught. As long as your not worried about going up onto your roof this can be fairly effect.

heres a pic of the rap

Euro838
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks, I was thinking that may be my next step. Problem is what to do with them afterwards? Anyone have any squirrel recipes? LOL!

Charon
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
~ squirrels,cut into serving pieces, amount depends upon how many you can eat
~ olive oil
~ 1 large onion
~ 1 large green bell pepper
~ 2 cloves garlic
~ Cajun spice (Tony Chachere's recommended)
~ 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
~ 4 tbsp ketchup
~ 1 tbsp Gumbo File seasoning
~ cooked rice

In a deep pot or dutch oven, heat some olive oil.

Season the squirrel on all sides with the Cajun seasoning. Add to the hot oil and turn to brown on all sides. Continue to cook until done.

Place the onion, bell pepper and garlic in a blender. Cover with water and chop. Add to the pot when squirrel is done.

Sprinkle the added vegetables with Cajun seasoning.

Add the Tabasco sauce, ketchup and the Gumbo File. Stir to mix well.

Serve over the cooked rice.

Enjoy.

eclipse00
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfsrZz6cAU

problem solved. :thumbsup:

BlueGoblin
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Charon
~ squirrels,cut into serving pieces, amount depends upon how many you can eat
~ olive oil
~ 1 large onion
~ 1 large green bell pepper
~ 2 cloves garlic
~ Cajun spice (Tony Chachere's recommended)
~ 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
~ 4 tbsp ketchup
~ 1 tbsp Gumbo File seasoning
~ cooked rice

In a deep pot or dutch oven, heat some olive oil.

Season the squirrel on all sides with the Cajun seasoning. Add to the hot oil and turn to brown on all sides. Continue to cook until done.

Place the onion, bell pepper and garlic in a blender. Cover with water and chop. Add to the pot when squirrel is done.

Sprinkle the added vegetables with Cajun seasoning.

Add the Tabasco sauce, ketchup and the Gumbo File. Stir to mix well.

Serve over the cooked rice.

Enjoy.

Unless of course you live near the dump...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/don_t_eat_the_squirrels

(Thread on this in current events)

Boost Infested
01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Leave a bowl of mentos and a bowl of coke outside..

Slashin_
01-26-2007, 04:51 PM
u mean bowl?????? they'd fukin explode :thumbsup: