PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking of leaving tonight and going to get this thing. Talked to the dealership everything checks out...just have to do a carfax report.

Done thanks guys for everything.

djayz
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Not bad at all. AS long as everything checks out on paper and its mechanically sound and you like the car I dont see why not.

03ozwhip
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
THATS A SWEET DEAL. IT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT, BUT GOOD LUCK.

pepschnops
01-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't know much about pricing on Honda's but this deal seems like it could be a bit too good to be true.

Check out this link of a similar car.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=26012486&pgno=1&srt=1

It only has 41000 km but the price between these two cars should not vary this much.

Go check out some other cars on canada trader and ebay motors

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Well ontario, quebec always have cheaper prices...

he has 2001 honda civic dx going between $6200-7400

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Done im going to quebec. Vin number checks out car was bought in quebec No Accidents/ No Claims.

Question is i guess i'll just fly there stand by...SWEET!!!

Mr. Burns
01-22-2007, 04:56 PM
hope you dont get burned

asuth077
01-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Just check it out well, I believe Ontario and Quebec have a different accident report program where if it is under a certain amount it doesnt show up on records like carfax.

I could just be talking out of my ass though.

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
West Jet Total Cost of Flight $ 203.17 CAD

Mapquest says im 49mins away from the dealership once off the plane. Question is how do i get from the airport to the dealership.

Dj_Stylz
01-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Taxi?

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 05:05 PM
G/F just found this civic which she likes better. She is now coming on this trip...

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=24993006&pgno=2&srt=7

adidas
01-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Your gonna go all the way to Quebec to check out a honda that has 113,00km on it? Nothing against honda's but wouldnt you wanna check out something better?

Also if i was you, id go down on a weekend and take the time to check out 4-5 cars cause then you have a better chance of purchasing one!

2BLUE
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
The flights are cheap and the cars here are way more money ...ive done shopping around here this car is priced almost half price...nothing wrong with that. I need to get out of the house for awhile anyways :burnout:

Sharpie
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Make sure to look underneath for rust... Also carfax means shit for canadian cars do a carproof.

Mr_ET
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Get the 04 not the 01. It will have been exposed to calcium less time and will show much less oxidation and calcium deposits on the inside.

I am from Quebec so trust me on this. That is why they are less money. Are you sure also that the westjet price includes airport taxes and such it adds around 60-100$ to the price they usually quote.

If you plan on driving back it is about 4100kms and count on about 500-600$ worth of gas and more for restaurants and sleeping accomodations.

With gas, food, sleeping, plane tickets it will not be that much cheaper then what we have here and you are going there sight unseen.

With that said I say DO IT cause you'll have lots of fun especially if you go with someone you get along with. trip back will take between 3-6 days depending on your pace (i've done it twice now)

bluetek
01-22-2007, 05:27 PM
If you do make the trip back make sure you go south into the states. There is way more to see and do.

Im from out east as well, and done the trip a couple times as well. Man let me tell you, you probably wont want to do it again.

rc2002
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by bluetek
If you do make the trip back make sure you go south into the states. There is way more to see and do.

Im from out east as well, and done the trip a couple times as well. Man let me tell you, you probably wont want to do it again.

Not to mention you'll save all kinds of time taking the US interstate versus the Transcanada.

Speaking from experience, you're taking all the risk by flying over there to check out the car because you're going to lose out if the deal falls through. I wouldn't take the chance - if it really is such a great deal it's probably gone already. There are gems to be found, but 99.9999% of the time you get what you pay for.

2BLUE
01-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Nathan has gone. I decided i would stay at home. He called me at 9:00am this morning saying the deal went through and he's driving home on a dealer plate" whatever that means.

BigMass
01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
wow talk about a man of action. That's pretty brave just flying there the same day he say it and driving it back.. Brave and crazy at the same time though lol.

Sharpie
01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Yay and now watch it not pass OOP.

rinny
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Very impulsive. Nice work!

2BLUE
01-24-2007, 12:02 AM
He says its in great shape.

hjr
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
do it for the trip.

what is the recommended maximum age of car from ontario/quebec? (like 4 years. 5? 9?)

QuasarCav
01-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I would be worried, very worried.

The 2K you might save is not worth the incredible headache, I hope you can prove me wrong!

2BLUE
01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
He's still driving. lol.

He's trying to make as many hours as he can.

Looking under the hood he says looks mint.

He picked the car up at 2:00pm on the 23nd.

hussein
01-24-2007, 02:20 PM
:eek: thats crazy, sick deal too!

Soo... take pics when he gets back.

Mr_ET
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I would not buy anything that is more then 3-4 years old if it has seen winter there.

2BLUE
01-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I just called him back to ask where he was.

He's in fargo i belive its called. Filling up.

Average speed on GPS is 78 miles an hour

Nathan said he was doing 90 miles an hour for 2 hours straight.

Oh and he's been driving since 2pm on the 23 so almost 24 hours(straight driving)

He says to say hello to you guys.

2BLUE
01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I just checked canadatrader.com I can't find one honda civic thats anywhere close to what were paying. Were saving alot of money so far it looks like $5 to 8k

Also the car has extended warrentee from honda can this be transfered to us?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4000&mk=HONDA&md=CIVIC&yfr=2004&yto=2004&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=AB&region=&type=province&dm=0&mph=false&rentalOnly=false&pricedOnly=false

bluetek
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM
haha your bf is crazy. Hes making good time it seems, but from Fargo he has a very boring and dull ride from there to Calgary.

Weapon_R
01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I think he got a fantastic deal. Good luck, hopefully it doesn't rust too quickly though

yellowsnow
01-24-2007, 03:06 PM
wow that's cheap for a civic! i would've thought scam right away, but i'm glad things worked out for him. hopefully there are no hidden problems!

2BLUE
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys! :clap:

2BLUE
01-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Car is going to be here by noon.

Kona9
01-25-2007, 08:40 AM
So by noon you will have a new car. Maybe you can call up Jenna Jameson and taker her for one of the first new rides.

That is if your boyfriend is cool with it all.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=162566

:rofl:

BigMass
01-25-2007, 09:25 AM
to xfer warranty you need to get your car fully inspected by Honda. It has to be flawless before they will xfer it. Then i believe there is a small fee.

BTW good luck with the new car :P.. make sure to change the oil when it finally gets here. Thats a long trip and you never know how long it went without one.

TNation
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I would not buy anything that is more then 3-4 years old if it has seen winter there.
idiot. Almost all newer cars within 10 years are perfectly fine. THats a poor assumption and a definite misconception.

Yay and now watch it not pass OOP.
again, 16 year old beyonder intelligence. The cars you drive out here come from out there fool. They are no different from the cars out here.

finally EVERYONE is listening... Ontario and Quebec really do have
way cheaper cars and its ridiculous why people buy cars out in Calgary at these stupid prices!
Don't worry about the idiots on here that say you shouldn't fly out if the deal goes through. There's enough cars and deals in Ontario that you could drive to several dealerships and look at many different crazy deals (Ontario is not like Calgary in that if there is a good deal, its gone)!

2BLUE
01-25-2007, 11:36 AM
The final price after neg came to $7190.97cad out the door.

He's going to be here within 2 hours.

Now he ran out of fuel at Fargo ND the other night (right out)!!! He filled up the honda it took 52.6 liters that was right intill he could see fuel in the nozzle.

At 130kms an hour he got 872kms to one tank with the gas light on. Thats over 50 miles to a gallon as i read on hondas website isn't it??

Nathan also said the car runs flawless taking it around tight corners and feeling the car on the road. At the gas station he climbed underneath and there is NO Typical rust that you would see on an older vehicle.

Also explained to him was that honda covers any rust ?? (i dont know how many years)

rc2002
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by TNation

idiot. Almost all newer cars within 10 years are perfectly fine. THats a poor assumption and a definite misconception.

again, 16 year old beyonder intelligence. The cars you drive out here come from out there fool. They are no different from the cars out here.

way cheaper cars and its ridiculous why people buy cars out in Calgary at these stupid prices!
Don't worry about the idiots on here that say you shouldn't fly out if the deal goes through. There's enough cars and deals in Ontario that you could drive to several dealerships and look at many different crazy deals (Ontario is not like Calgary in that if there is a good deal, its gone)!

These "idiots" aren't that far from the truth.

The basics of supply and demand dictate that prices will be cheaper out east since it is more populous. That said, you still get what you pay for. The cars are not different, but the salt/gravel mix is different. They use a lot more salt on the roads out east. Have you ever worked on a car from out east? I've seen them come in the shop before (some newer than 10 years) and you can't take out any bolts because they're all misshaped and seized due to the rust. The ones you can get out usually break and you either have to torch them or drill them out.

Also, lot of inspections look at rust. If you are unlucky enough to come across a rustbucket you may have a hard time selling it when the potential buyers want an inspection.

I do my DD and check rust and place of purchase on all my cars before I buy them. Alberta cars are worth paying a premium for.

Mr_ET
01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Did he just call me an idiot? :nut:

I lived in Quebec for 22 years. My first language is French and I've seen many many cars there.

my 3-4 year estimate is not assuming anything it's actually living there seeing cars start to rust because of the insane amount of salt and calcium they have to put on road to keep them safe and drivable.

There is much more snow and typically more snow falls in 1 "storm" then what we see here in the west.

Unlike us, they chose a long time ago to use salt to make snow and ice melt and they have much more trucks and street cleaning there because of how often it snows.

It is needed or the city would be shut down almost everytime it snows.

Calcium attacks the paint surface if left there long enough. It will typically oxidise blemishes in the paint from rock chips and such and then get into the metal. That is why rear inner fenders and the underbody go first because they are hit by little rocks way more often.

with this all being said, calcium also sticks to carpets inside of cars and to bolt heads and any uncoated metals like cast manifolds and stuff.

That coupled with higher demand makes the prices lower then what we have here.

btw I'm 27 and try to get your facts straight before insulting other people TNation

Sharpie
01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TNation

Dude do you have any idea how many vehicles that come from out East dont pass inspection due to rust on the frame? If not I suggest you STFU

lowryder99
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Dude do you have any idea how many vehicles that come from out East dont pass inspection due to rust on the frame? If not I suggest you STFU

Why don't you tell us how many since you seem to know?

Mr_ET
01-25-2007, 04:29 PM
guys please let's get the back on track and not make it a bitching contest.

to the OP is the car here now any pics?

2BLUE
01-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Well i got back with the car. That was a gruelling drive then i left right away and went camping for 3 days. Anyways we left the car with honda and they did the inspection for insurance and out of province it passed flawless...i went there today and they showed me that some oxidation has started on some bolts BUT everything is covered under warrentee...The person who bought the car brand new bought extended warrentee which i have yet to find out how long that it is till...i forgot to ask...but anyways to the people that asked yes its worth it and i would do it again. These new cars are built with such anty rusting techines i quess that they dont rust as fast. Who knows. :confused:

Ohh and the bolts that were starting to look rusty were replaced. Which i belive this is un heard of. I have never heard of a dealer going the extra mile to make sure youre car isn't rusting but hey whatever...honda has been great so far.

There was a fee for the transfer and what not plus i got oil changed transmission oil changed tune up all the stuff to catch up on the service record to make sure everything is good in there books and mine..

The total cost for the car , trip gas , plane

$7190.97 car
$203.17 flight
$39.00 hotel fargo N.D.
$366.89 gas including eating at gas stations

$7800.03 TOTAL

So today i went to i belive its called t&t honda and said i would like to trade it in on a brand new civic and they came back with an offer of:

$12,998.00 in writing now i found this alittle low just for the fact the closest one that i saw there was this one http://www.tandthonda.ca/dcm2/brochure.html?d_id=126&v_id=499

But it has half as many kms.

hussein
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Well i got back with the car. That was a gruelling drive then i left right away and went camping for 3 days. Anyways we left the car with honda and they did the inspection for insurance and out of province it passed flawless...i went there today and they showed me that some oxidation has started on some bolts BUT everything is covered under warrentee...The person who bought the car brand new bought extended warrentee which i have yet to find out how long that it is till...i forgot to ask...but anyways to the people that asked yes its worth it and i would do it again. These new cars are built with such anty rusting techines i quess that they dont rust as fast. Who knows. :confused:

Ohh and the bolts that were starting to look rusty were replaced. Which i belive this is un heard of. I have never heard of a dealer going the extra mile to make sure youre car isn't rusting but hey whatever...honda has been great so far.

That's awesome man. Congrats on the siiiick deal! That is also awesome that Honda is taking such good care of you. Which dealership was it??

2BLUE
01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
t&t honda.

Thanks also to beyond for the support and all. But you guys have to stop bitching at eachother about every little detail about every single thing. Gets to be annoying more then useful but each to his/ her own i guess.

Thanks again guys :)

Nathan

Mr_ET
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
pics of the car :)

Glad everything turned out the way you wanted it to!

A790
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm thinking of leaving tonight and going to get this thing. Talked to the dealership everything checks out...just have to do a carfax report.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=25815946&pgno=12&srt=7

It worked out alright then?

2BLUE
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes everything worked out just a long drive. I picked up a hitch hiker from N.D. all the way to montana

Sharpie
01-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes everything worked out just a long drive. I picked up a hitch hiker from N.D. all the way to montana

Pick em up!! haha but glad to hear it all turned out good for you...

2BLUE
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Pictures...

http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_01_2007/post-2687-1170196232.jpg

http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_01_2007/post-2687-1170196244.jpg

http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_01_2007/post-2687-1170196251.jpg

http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_01_2007/post-2687-1170196258.jpg

2BLUE
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Didn't have much time to add all the pictures,

Vietsta
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
i thought the car was auto like it was posted in the add?:dunno:

2BLUE
01-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Thats what i thought when i got there....but it wasn't . Didn't bother me he he he the g/f has to learn how to drive 5spd. i changed the hubcaps also and added gps and a deck.