PDA

View Full Version : I Hate my Impreza

Doodle
05-21-2003, 06:52 PM
So I head out to the lake for may long, 4 hours out of town I see my car puff smoke. So I'm like WTF? I pull into 7-11 and smoke is comin out the scoop and vents. At the same time my dag starts barking, she's sick & pukes and shits all up and around my car. 11:00 at night sick dog in one hand, Impreza's hood in the other. Anyway the rear seal is fucked and some other seal went but I didn't catch the name. Tow bill 400 beans, and 1100 to fix. So I hate the bitch and she's for sale, now buy, buy, buy. :clap: :clap:

Fuji
05-21-2003, 08:15 PM
shouldnt have told the story if you were going to sell it. I have had WAY more problems with mine than what you went through. I know a couple of other guys who are in my boat. It's a more expensive car to maintain than a Honda.

T5_X
05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Did the 99s have the DOHC or SOHC?

VWhooligan
05-21-2003, 08:18 PM
who wants to buy a car that a dog has taken a shit in?

HOK
05-22-2003, 10:12 AM
i think i'm the only guy that wants to keep his impreza forever ....

Fuji
05-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by HOK
i think i'm the only guy that wants to keep his impreza forever ....

Dude I am keeping mine forever too, but I still want a new car :D

spyguy
05-22-2003, 03:02 PM
I don't... I wanna sell the beeeyatch

88CRX
05-22-2003, 03:18 PM
i hate my crx from time to time.... wanna trade?

Doodle
05-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by spyguy
I don't... I wanna sell the beeeyatch

No:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spyguy
05-22-2003, 06:43 PM
yes!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!! crappy subarus haha

Doodle
05-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Whats gone wrong with your scoobys? And the dag shat in 7-11 parking lot, not my rs.

HOK
05-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Dude i don't wanna be rude but thats an awesome story... its so funny. I know it may not seem funny now... but thats a story to tell... I have some of those... don't hate the subie... hate the shit... hehehe

Doodle
05-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Yea the shit was bad. Worst part was a 03 grand am pulls in beside me with huge stickers with nothing done, too bad I felt like quite the fool.

Canadian 2.5RS
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
i love my suby, i just re-kindled my love for it at the sand pits. mmmm nice long dusty drifts and lots of puddle hoping:drool: some inbred truck driver challenged me to a drag so i had to hand him his ass in the dirt in front of his hick friends. i gave him a head start and still managed to get about 3 car lengths ahead of him when i just decided stop accelerating and just cruise over the "finish" line.

i know where ill be spendin most of my summer.:thumbsup: maybe ill get sme pics and videos later for you guys (you know, to help re-kindle your relationship with your suby)

Fuji
05-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Doodle
Whats gone wrong with your scoobys? And the dag shat in 7-11 parking lot, not my rs.

Lots, if you were to add up all the costs it would amount to over 7G, lucky warranty paid some.

2000impreza
05-23-2003, 03:35 AM
i've had problems with head gasket, wheel bearings, rear diff seal, coil pack and a few other minor things. no where near as much problems as fuji.

HOK
05-23-2003, 08:24 AM
fuji 's car was bagged... :P

4wheeldrift
05-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by HOK
fuji 's car was bagged... :P So was mine, and I haven't had nearly as many problems.

2000impreza
05-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i've had problems with head gasket, wheel bearings, rear diff seal, coil pack and a few other minor things. no where near as much problems as fuji.

after checking the car over today.... front diff seal, and drivers side valve cover gasket might need replacing. what a pain in the ass.... problems never seem to stop.. one after another :rolleyes:

Fuji
05-23-2003, 05:58 PM
yea... my tranny needs new bushings on the linkage :(

HOK
05-23-2003, 10:37 PM
but his was bagged by the previous owner... yours was....... tested... hehehe

Fuji- Tranny bushings???? damn...

Doodle
05-23-2003, 10:41 PM
What was the car doing when the coil pack was shot? Mine won't Idle steady, it Idle's at 400rpm, then drops to 300, then back up, any idea's????

HOK
05-24-2003, 01:25 AM
i don't think its idling at 400... probably 700 then dying to 600... at 400 it would stall.... check the plug wires... those need replacing all the time...

2000impreza
05-24-2003, 05:07 AM
What was the car doing when the coil pack was shot? Mine won't Idle steady, it Idle's at 400rpm, then drops to 300, then back up, any idea's????

check your plugs, wires, and if you don't find anything its probably your coil pack. when mine was on its way out it started missfiring.

Doodle
05-26-2003, 05:56 PM
So Sat I pick up my car, 5 minutes away from the dealership, smoke is rollin out the hood scoop. I pull over, its dripping like shit, so I go back and the rear seal is shot again, and the clutch is down to 2/32. Something is building too much presure???? But they warrantied the seals, both of them, and I get my clutch for half price cause the have to pull my engine and shit all over again. Good and Bad I guess, thanks for the advice on my idleing.

4wheeldrift
05-26-2003, 06:01 PM
They are sure its the rear main seal? I had a similar problem a couple years back, and my oil pan had actually fractured.

Doodle
05-26-2003, 06:05 PM
It could be? It seemed like the oil was coming down the back of the pan itself. It was up where I couldn't see where it was coming from, cause there was a metal plate in da way. Wouldn't they pull the pan before they started pulling the engine and all that jazz.

4wheeldrift
05-26-2003, 06:11 PM
It could be? It seemed like the oil was coming down the back of the pan itself. It was up where I couldn't see where it was coming from, cause there was a metal plate in da way. Wouldn't they pull the pan before they started pulling the engine and all that jazz. On my car, they had pulled the transmission and were well on their way to ripping the engine apart before they found it was the oil pan that was actually leaking, and not the rear main seal. The oil pan is something that very rarely comes off the motor unless they are totally tearing it down. In my case, it was a hairline fracture, but it was enough to dump a fair amount of oil and make it smoke like a bastard. The air pressure under the car sprayed the oil everywhere, so they had a really hard time spotting where it was coming from until they pressure washed everything.

And since no one answered Ranger_X31s question, the '99s were the first year of the SOHC 2.5s in the Impreza.

Doodle
05-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Fuck yea, it could be a crack, It is ok when the motors cold but when the pan gets hot and the crack could expand an leak , you so smart, smart like an astronaut.:clap: Why does the car bog at exactly 4000 rpm in every gear until it warms up, then its fine? Ever happen to any of you sube guys? I know if the map sensor goes it won't let the car rev over 4000 but it seems ok after it warms up.:dunno: :dunno:

Doodle
06-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
They are sure its the rear main seal? I had a similar problem a couple years back, and my oil pan had actually fractured.

Sorry to bring this back to life but get the man a prize. The oil pan did have a hairline crack in it. So, they changed my clutch for price of parts only while they had the unit all apart, it was down to 2/32. So good and bad, now all I have to do is get the oil off all my exhaust so it stops smelling like ass. And they ended up giving my warranty on everything else, I didn't know but the cars covered to 100kms, I have 98900 on it now.:clap:

4wheeldrift
06-09-2003, 07:11 PM

Sorry to bring this back to life but get the man a prize. The oil pan did have a hairline crack in it. So, they changed my clutch for price of parts only while they had the unit all apart, it was down to 2/32. So good and bad, now all I have to do is get the oil off all my exhaust so it stops smelling like ass. And they ended up giving my warranty on everything else, I didn't know but the cars covered to 100kms, I have 98900 on it now.:clap: Glad to hear they got it all fixed for you. You are now only the second person I've ever heard of ever having that problem before. Thank god for 100k km powertrain warranties eh? ;)

Doodle
06-10-2003, 05:52 PM
:werd: