PDA

View Full Version : garage heater questions

sluggish
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I know a bunch of you guys have bought those Calcana heaters and was wondering how you like the. I know they are meant to heat the objects first and that in turn heats the air. Do you find the air is getting warm enough and how long does it take? How big is your garage? How much has your heating bill increased since you installed it? Is your garage heated 24 hours a day or only when you're in there? Are their claims of what it costs per month accurate or are you paying more than that? If you've used a different heater in the past how does it compare, both in effectiveness and in efficiency? I'm considering buying one and want some feedback from people who own them.

Thanks

Ek9Max
01-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Around how much does it cost to install one of these bad boys in a garage?

rage2
01-22-2007, 08:41 PM
1. Air is more than warm enough. Think standing outside Whiskey under those heaters, that's how hot it gets near the heater. Rest of the room is whatever u set the temp to be on the thermostat.

2. It takes about 5-10 mins of ontime to heat up a frozen garage (Assuming I left the garage door open).

3. My garage is a full size double.

4. $5-$10/month in winter. $0 in summer (obviously).

5. Heated 24/7.

6. Cost per month estimates are accurate.

7. Never owned another heater can't compare.

sluggish
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the input rage2. I was hoping people would reply like that.:thumbsup:

Ek9Max
01-23-2007, 02:47 AM
How big is you calcana rage2?

Proboscis
01-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Reznor mercer Pennsylvania. old heaters but last long

rage2
01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
How big is you calcana rage2?
No clue. Enrich spec'd it out for me.

EnRich
01-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Proboscis
Reznor mercer Pennsylvania. old heaters but last long

WTF. Did I just play you in Company of Heros last night, 2v2 with Hoax? back to business...
I used to sell hundreds and thousands of Reznor heaters when I contracted for Sears. I have been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years, and I can honestly say a Reznor has absolutly nothing on a Calcana garage heater. If your sold on a forced air heating product I can get you one for around $800. But Consider this....

i) Hot air rises, heat does NOT rise. So if all your doing is heating up hot air, guess where all the hot air you want and need is.... at the roof top level of your garage.
ii) The heat loss levels in your garage, regardless of how well it's insulated is extremely high. Heating it with an inefficient, ineffective unit heater is NOT the way to go. trust me
iii) Reznor is the most efficient unit heater in the industry @83%. The Calcana is a minimum 40 - 50% more efficient then that. Basically I'm telling you I can heat your entire garage at the most effective and efficient rate available in the industry. I can heat it for roughly half the fuel your BBQ uses to cook a steak...

Originally posted by rage2

No clue. Enrich spec'd it out for me.

Rage is currently running the CAL40-10'. It’s my current flagship, the most popular heater on the market. Its exactly 11.7 feet long, 40,000 BTU, and it'll heat his entire garage to as comfortable as his living room floor in 6 - 12 minutes. As he’s said before, he can barely notice a difference on his heating bill. It'll heat your standard two car garage. This is the model most of you need.

I know a lot of you are interested in these units. I will be responding to your pm’s in a sec. I just wanted everyone to know this though. I got a memo from my boss last night at 4:00pm. There is going to be a price increase for these units on Feb 1st. The pricing is still sketchy. Last year they increased the price on me to around $300+/unit. This year its gonna be between $100 - $200 depending on what unit you purchase. Just giving you guys a heads up. If your seriously interested please let me know before Jan 30th 2007.

EnRich
01-24-2007, 09:44 AM
I've gotten alot of PM's regarding these heaters, I'd be more then happy to offer beyond a group buy. Anyone who's interested, please post your name on here. I'm sure I can get an additional 5% off orders 5 or more. Price before Feb is
$1050 CAL40-10'
$200 Sidewall ventit.

5% is an additional 62.50 off per unit.
Thats $1187.50 a unit complete with venting.
Offers good till Jan 31st 2007

sluggish
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
How much for the next size up? I'd be interested in a group buy for sure.

Also what size is the piping in the vent kit and fresh air kit?

EnRich
01-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by sluggish
How much for the next size up? I'd be interested in a group buy for sure.

Also what size is the piping in the vent kit and fresh air kit?

The CAL40-10' will heat a typical two car garage or up to 624 sq feet 24x26

The next size up is the CAL50-15' which heats up to 790 sq feet and I can do that one for $1180 up until the price increase.

The sidewall vent kit is 3 inch and will come with everything you need to install it.

OK so looks like we need 4 or MORE! lets see what we can get before the months end.

hussein
01-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Every time I read about your heaters on here, EnRich, they seem so amazing. When my parent's garage heater breaks down I will definitely holla.

78si
01-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm less than happy with my renzor. :(

EnRich
01-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 78si
I'm less than happy with my renzor. :(

Thats cause honestly. Their the worst way to heat any garage. And to the post above, if its a Calcana and it ever breaks down let me know. Those units are bullet proof, even my older models. You should see if your grandparents have either a blue or black burner head. Blue is old. Black is my new current line.

EnRich
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
bump we need more ppl.

ninjak84
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Do you have anything smaller than being 12ft long?
If not, how tall is the unit then?

That seems really large... Currently, my fathers' garage heater is maybe 1/3 of that physically, and it still does the job really well. I would really like to get him a new one though, because he's re-designing the garage layout after this winter... A brand new heater would make a good b-day gift for Feb. His makes noise...

Pics or links would help :) Thanks

sluggish
01-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I have found one that is 9'3" long, in Calgary. Might be more suitable for your dad's application. It is 50,000 btu, same material composition, same efficiency, and a longer warranty. Price is over $400 less as well(sorry Enrich).

There are a few catches though that I will make you aware of. It does not come with the thermostat or the hanging chains like Calcana's does, and you cannot purchase it walking in off the street. It has to be purchased by someone with a gas ticket.

The way I look at it is this. I need someone with a gas ticket to legally hook it up anyway(and everyone knows someone with a ticket), and I can go to Canadian Tire to get the chains and thermostat for about $50, so for an extra hour of running around, I can save a whack of money and have an equivalent heater. Plus if you want the fresh air intake kit, it is only $70, compared to $200 at Calcana.

I know they are a supporting vendor here and kudos for that, but it doesn't look to me like any favors are really being done here. For the 'convenience' of buying retail, you are paying several hundred more dollars. Doesn't make much sense to me.:dunno:

tc3
01-27-2007, 12:18 PM
What about installation? Do you do it? Cost?

sluggish
01-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Installation would be the same as any other heater of that type.

EnRich
01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I have found one that is 9'3" long, in Calgary. Might be more suitable for your dad's application. It is 50,000 btu, same material composition, same efficiency, and a longer warranty. Price is over $400 less as well(sorry Enrich).

There are a few catches though that I will make you aware of. It does not come with the thermostat or the hanging chains like Calcana's does, and you cannot purchase it walking in off the street. It has to be purchased by someone with a gas ticket.

The way I look at it is this. I need someone with a gas ticket to legally hook it up anyway(and everyone knows someone with a ticket), and I can go to Canadian Tire to get the chains and thermostat for about $50, so for an extra hour of running around, I can save a whack of money and have an equivalent heater. Plus if you want the fresh air intake kit, it is only $70, compared to $200 at Calcana.

I know they are a supporting vendor here and kudos for that, but it doesn't look to me like any favors are really being done here. For the 'convenience' of buying retail, you are paying several hundred more dollars. Doesn't make much sense to me.:dunno:

Calcana never used to sell it to users off the street either. We just recently started doing that. Actually it was because of my interview over a year ago, when I told them they were missing out on an entire market, essentially creating my job during the interview process, I was origionally hired to sell their PH versions to high end patios accross the country.

Second... dude. I sell hundreds of these. I've sold just over 20 units on beyond alone in 2006. I'm 26 right now, and if there's one thing I have realized in life; is that cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. You get what you pay for. To be honest, there's a reason I drive a Honda outside. I coulda bought any car, but I chose a Honda, and I did that for a reason. These heaters are the John Deer of of garage heaters. You cant get any better. In all honestly I can't even manufacture them at $400 dollars /unit. I'm also NOT aware of any manufacture's of infrared heaters in Calgary. And I'm 99% sure theres no manufactures other then me in all of western North America. There is something definatly wrong with your post, cause I have dealers/distributors, and 80% of ALL the contractors (gas fitters) buy my products in Calgary, @ alot more then $400 dollars a unit. The group buy offered above might not be alot. But its enough to make me lose most of my comission, and I'm offering it to beyond cause I was allowed to.

So...... I'm calling you out...... Show me these heaters for $400 dollars. As a matter of fact, why dont you show us all... Cause I'll buy 20 units with my own money right now, if their as good as mine and sell em on eBay.

I encourage everyone to compare my units @ www.calcana.com
Thanks everyone.

sluggish
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I never said they were $400, I said they were $400 LESS than the $1180 one you are offering. I also did not knock your product in any way. As a matter of fact I think it is very good, and so do the many others that have them. But many people will purchase your heater because they don't know of a similar offering elsewhere. I'll admit it wasn't easy to find but through some searching, I did. After a comparison of the material make-up, warranty, and reliability, it would appear to me that these are equivalent to what you are offering. I cannot speak for the reliability and effectiveness of this unit as I have yet to install it, but when I do, I will give a full report of how I feel about it.

I am quite aware of the idea that you get what you pay for. I am also aware of the fact that just because it costs more doesn't mean it's better. And that is why I did alot of research into this whole heater idea. If you have more than 80% of the contractor is town, I find it a bit strange that I called 3 right out of the phone book and 2 of them had never heard of Calcana and the other one didn't do work for you guys on a regular basis. Maybe that was a fluke but it seemed strange to me.

Perhaps you guys are the only distributors in Western Canada. This unit is not made in Calgary and that probably adds to the reduced cost, since we all know that the Calgary wage market is inflated right now due to the economy, and that causes prices of products to uincrease as well. I would prefer to support a local manufacturer, but not at a huge cost to myself.

I can understand there being a difference of a few hundred dollars on a product, especially when people don't always know of alternatives out there. Your company advertises quite a bit so people think you have the only product available. Good job on your part for capturing the market. However, I have a hard time believing that you can justify a $130 price difference on a small fresh air kit. It's basically a couple pipes and flange for the wall. The comparison between $70 and $200 is quite huge for a product that does the same thing. It's not like you're EVER going to wear that thing out so I doubt that one would be far superior to the other.

The other thing that bothered me is that I picked up the phone and called Calcana to get a price and some info on the heater I was after, and the price was the same as the "group buy" you are offering here. So how are you really helping everyone out with such a geat deal when i can get the same one by picking up the phone and talking to 'Joe Bloe Salesman' on the other end? That was what got me looking into things a little further. Had that not happpened, I would probably have your heater in my garage right now.

I appreciate the fact that you are a supporting vendor here, as I'm sure many others who now have your heater appreciate it. But to those of us who don't have a heater yet, I'm just saying to look a little harder and you might save yourself a few hundred bucks. to me it's worth it, maybe everyone here disagrees and if that's the case, I'll delete my posts in this thread and ask the mods to close it. Somehow I don't think that's the case, judging by the number of pm's I've gotten this weekend. I will tell you the same thing I told them, I am not going to make a recommendation on this product until I have seen it in action in my garage. Maybe 'll be the guinea pig here and it will completely suck, and I'll have to get another. If that's the case, I'll eat crow and go buy one from you, and then proceed to let everyone know that the other one sucked. If it happens to be great, I will let everyone know that as well and I guess you will have some competition on your hands at that point.

EnRich
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
^^^
I called you out... You still havn't mentioned what the name brand is on your new heater. Where did you buy it? How much was the total cost? Tell us so we can all benefit.... As for the contractor comment. Personally I only use two fitters exclusively. The industrial division is a differant story.

Check them out if you need anything around your home done, tell em Richard sent ya and they'll probably give you a deal.

Kestral Mech 333-8393 (Kerry)
Boyce Heating 899-7612 (Darcy)
ask them what they think of our infrared compared to the other stuff out there. They should know, they've worked with it all.

As far as my prices go. I wouldn't have sold 20+ units on beyond if it wasn't a great deal...

For anyone else that's seriously interested in heating your garage with a local manufacturer, please PM me. I respond to all my PM's. And there is a price increase coming up. So let me know guys.

Thanks.

www.calcana.com

sluggish
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Like I said, Iwill pass on all the information once I have tried it and can vouch for it, good or bad. I'm not trying to steer anyone for or against your product based on it's abilities. I'm simply suggesting that before people lay down over a grand, they should look around at other viable options.

I don't feel the need to contact anyone about the quality of your heaters. I think it is a good product although I feel it is overpriced at this point, and if it's going up again, as you say, then it will be more overpriced.

Just my opinion, people can do with it whatever they want. I just wonder if the 20 units you sold to people here who thought they were getting a great 'Beyond' deal, would feel knowing they could have gotten the same deal by picking up the phone and giving a call to any salesman in your building.

cmodem
01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

sluggish
01-29-2007, 03:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Actually, I came on here to get opinions about the Calcana in the first place. I got the feedback that I was pretty much expecting so I made a phone call to Calcana. This made me realize that the price offered over the phone was the same as the 'great deal' on here, so I dug a little further and found something that I thought was a good deal and will pursue it further. If it works out, then I'll pass on the info so others can benefit. If not, I'll pass on that info so others can stay away. For the people who are not in a hurry to buy 'right now', it may be beneficial for them to hold off. Nobody HAS to do anything. If everyone here wants to go with Calcana, that's great for them and great for Enrich. But I know that some people are waiting to hear back about my experience before they make their decision. If that's not you, fine.

EnRich
01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
See I know your kinda full of it for several reasons. i) IF you talked to anyone at Calcana, it woulda been me... I wouldn't offer you any type of discount unless you made the purchase with me right there and then. Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

BEYOND! There is not a heater out there that is better then these Calcana units... trust me these units are bullet proof; I've been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years. I'm 26 years old. The heaters I sell are of the best quality, the most effective and efficient heaters available in the industry. If ANYONE finds a better quality heater anywhere I will gladly pay for your heater for bringing it to my attention.

My patio division is currently retrofitting all the high end bars pubs and patios accross the country. We did Melrose. We did Cheers (yep the show)... BP's, Earl's, Joey Tamato's, East Side Mario's, these are all companies spec'ing us for all their future outdoor applications. Believe me the CEO's, the engineers didn't just draw our name out of a hat. They've been there, they've done that, and they've moved on to something bigger, something better, something that works. Thats Calcana.

ninjak84
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob.

Holy shit buddy.

I mean, I was willing to give you a break after I read your Wendy's story, because my Dad could really use a replacement heater for the garage. Now I'm convinced you're an un-reasonable asshole.

"noob"?

LOL @ You for calling yourself a businessman :rofl:

I'd be surprised if you addressed this post, since you sure didn't acknowledge my first one.
Don't bother anyway. If I end up buying one, it'll be from elsewhere. Even if it costs me more.

*EDIT*
No it wasn't me who called you, or ever spoke to you.
I'm not even married. Only inquired through this thread.

sluggish
01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I think he was talking to me.

First - Calling people a pussy is a sure fire way to get business. Did you not read where I said if this doesn't work out, I will buy from you. Everyone is tough behind their keyboard. You're making this oput to be a personal attack on you when it wasn't that in any way. Read what I typed there cowboy. I said nothing negative about you or your product, other than I thought that the price was possibly high. I also said that if the heater I get sucks, I will eat crow, and come buy one from you. Although that will likely change. For a "professional", you sure don't come across as one. i am in business for myself and no matter what the situation, I would never call a potential customer a pussy or any other name. And no, I'm not in the heater industry, but maybe I should get into it. Seems like with your customer service skills, I could probably steal alot of clients.

Second - I didn't call and whine that I had to talk to my wife before I make a decision. She has her money, I have mine. I don't make a promise I can't keep and I know I haven't promised anyone any sale. If I buy something, it is on the spot because I've looked into it beforehand.

Third - I am not full of shit and like I said, I will prove it in due time.

Fourth - not sure why I'm a noob since I've been on here for 3 years, but whatever, I guess your math may not be that great.

Finally - for the last time and in caps so you can see it. I NEVER SAID YOUR PRODUCT WAS SHITTY OR THAT ANY OTHER ONE WAS BETTER, ONLY THAT I FOUND AN EQUIVALENT ONE FOR A BETTER PRICE. Was that clear enough for you?

Holy crap man, relax a little bit. Why fly off the handle over what may or may not prove to be a little competition in the industry?

78si
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow. Calcana would be proud of you!

See I know your kinda full of it for several reasons. i) IF you talked to anyone at Calcana, it woulda been me... I wouldn't offer you any type of discount unless you made the purchase with me right there and then. Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

BEYOND! There is not a heater out there that is better then these Calcana units... trust me these units are bullet proof; I've been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years. I'm 26 years old. The heaters I sell are of the best quality, the most effective and efficient heaters available in the industry. If ANYONE finds a better quality heater anywhere I will gladly pay for your heater for bringing it to my attention.

My patio division is currently retrofitting all the high end bars pubs and patios accross the country. We did Melrose. We did Cheers (yep the show)... BP's, Earl's, Joey Tamato's, East Side Mario's, these are all companies spec'ing us for all their future outdoor applications. Believe me the CEO's, the engineers didn't just draw our name out of a hat. They've been there, they've done that, and they've moved on to something bigger, something better, something that works. Thats Calcana.

ninjak84
01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I think he was talking to me.

I know he was.

My comment was out of frustration that he'd rather conduct a petty argument with you than help me with a gift for my Father. That's ok though, don't let me interrupt the two of you firing essays back and forth :rolleyes:

sluggish
01-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Keeps my typing skills up to speed.:D As you can see by the typos, I need the practice.:banghead:

Whitetiger
01-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

:thumbsdow A sale should never be a PROMISE to a salesperson, realtor, etc... He/she should earn it. (maybe that's just me? :dunno: ) Yea, the "skilled labour" part of selling is sweet talking your customers thinking they're king of the world and lock them in with your product/service/price, but it's treating every potential customer with consistent service/price/quality, that's what counts. (I'm not even agruing with EnRich here, nor talking about Calcana products; but just commenting on the comment about calling a customer a pussy cuz he just wanted a price quote, and maybe used his wife as an excuse to get out of the phone conversation)

In the summer, a roofing manufacturer call INTERLOCK (aluminum shingles) does a lot of advertising. My parents called, their sales rep was the sweetie, quickest talker in the world... and did the same: "If you sign up today, ONLY today, it'll be this price, then it'll be different tomorrow"... so based on that, we signed up for a $21,000 Aluminum roof (no shit, you guys can do your own research on these), well, then we called other conventional roofing companies and asked around... and Basically Aluminum roofs aren't really meant for Calgary weather, that plus the high cost isn't worth it. So we got a quote from a conventional Ashpalt shingle roofer, averaged from $6,500-$8,000. Wrote a letter to Interlock, and exercised our right to cancel as per Alberta contract law, 10 days of signing. Conclusion, at the time, the salesperson did his job getting us to believe his product was king shit, later on, based on WHATEVER reasons we decided not to follow through; BASED ON; better price, better research that no one in Calgary uses Aluminum shingles (on residential), based on switching to better suited products. Yea, we "broke the promise" with this sales dude, but his prices, product and fast talking service didn't fit our needs when we rationally anaylized the facts. But I don't think we're "pussies" for backing out, we just found out later (but before anything finalized) that something fits our family home better; you find me an Aluminum shingled roof in Calgary (residential), and I'll shit on their lawn.

Not starting anything with EnRich personally, but you took on a commissioned based job with the reason believed that you could make a living from YOUR skills, not potential customers inquirying about pricing, more information, etc... And clearly I doubt BEYOND is eating up ALL of your meal ticket "6%" commission. Again, not fighting with ya, or disputing with how much you should make but come on, if you don't make enough then you would had found another job, but :thumbsdow for guilt tripping a potential customer for buying a product from you. (think someone mentioned there were 3 Calcana Sales person)

And I found this in the Bargain Finder, you can deny the ad if you want since I just "typed it in", but whatever.

Calcana Infrared Garage Heater. effective and efficient, heats 24 * 26 sqft garage, brand new cond, $750 Richard 403-993-8976

This was in the "Home Improvement" > "Tools, Home Services & Construction > Fireplaces, Heaters & Woodstoves.

EnRich
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
So let me give you this scenario. You want to buy something, a car or something. You shop around, finally find the car your looking for at a great price. You call, sales guy answers all your questions, you tell him your ready to do the deal, but ask if there's anything else the guy can do to bring down the price. The sales guy goes out of his way to lower the price for you, weather its from the manager, lowering his commision or whatever. You've promised him that if he can just get the price a little bit lower you'll go for it. So this sales guy goes out of his way to get you your deal, when it finally comes, you say that you need to talk to the wife. Sorry but thats a cowards way out for a person who has no guts to tell you the straight up truth. I dont understand why you guys feel the need to contradict yourselves either. There was a thread the other day about ppl making deals on beyond, and then never showing up for the transaction. How many of you guys would like that? How un-professional is that? Thats the same thing this guy did. He called me up. I answer all his questions, he says he's sold, and asks me if I can do anything else for him on the price. I ask him, well ok, if I can bring it down for you another 70 bucks, which is my comission would you go ahead with the deal and give me a deposit? He says yea. So I lower it. Buddy then says I gotta ask the wife, and to call him later. Never answered his phone. This guy is one of those guys that likes to shop around leading ppl on, then going somewhere else cause he can save 5 bucks. Thats why I called him a pussy. What kinda person uses his wife to get out of a conversation anyways? a pussy. You guys can try to dis-credit me all you want. But at least I stick to my word. I like beyond and all, most of you guys are good ppl, but guys like the above tick me off, something about a guy with no guts. Regardless, promotions over tommorow, and the price goes up. Sorry guys but I'll always express the way I feel like it is.

sluggish
01-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know who you're talking about but I know it wasn't me. I didn't even talk to you when I called. Get over it.

legendboy
01-30-2007, 10:21 AM

your an idoit buddy, your rude and your full of shit. i think i should direct your boss to this thread, see how he likes how you talked to this guy.

6% commission :rofl:

we have 8 old calcana heaters here in our baking oven. they break down all the time, same as every other brand heater. were up for a replacement soon and i'll be sure to purchase else where this time around

78si
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Professionals don't call customers "pussys" or "cowards".

Sluggish I sent you a PM:thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
01-30-2007, 10:38 AM
WOW Enrich I thought from your posts in the salespeople thread and from what I saw when I met you and even your comments on used/new car salesmen. From these comments I really think you need a Code of Ethics. That is the difference between Great sale people and good sales guys is Ethics.
Here is a link for you maybe it will help you consider your remarks and could even explain the mess one of the Grays anatomy cast is in for just a simple comment like "fag" I sure calling a potential customer a pussy for not going through with a sale.
Maybe things changed, maybe he wants a bigger heater, you don't know what happened to your customer but regardless you should treat all of us the same. Maybe not a customer today but they will be one tomorrow. Especially, if your one that Planted the seed of a garage heater in the first place. At some point in there life time you will come up. How many times people move. Thanks for showing your true colors now I can chalk up heater salesmen with the car salesmen and all the guys at future shop and sounds around.
Buyers can be liars. They just don’t want to hurt your feeling cause sometimes sales people have already spent there commission before they make it. That turns potential sales in your mid into cash cows. then you spend it cause it's a "sure thing" but then the customer backs out and your left without that commission $$. This is also covered with a strong Code of Ethics.
Trader rating and trust are two different things.

http://www.dsa.org/ethics/code/

So let me give you this scenario. You want to buy something, a car or something. You shop around, finally find the car your looking for at a great price. You call, sales guy answers all your questions, you tell him your ready to do the deal, but ask if there's anything else the guy can do to bring down the price. The sales guy goes out of his way to lower the price for you, weather its from the manager, lowering his commision or whatever. You've promised him that if he can just get the price a little bit lower you'll go for it. So this sales guy goes out of his way to get you your deal, when it finally comes, you say that you need to talk to the wife. Sorry but thats a cowards way out for a person who has no guts to tell you the straight up truth. I dont understand why you guys feel the need to contradict yourselves either. There was a thread the other day about ppl making deals on beyond, and then never showing up for the transaction. How many of you guys would like that? How un-professional is that? Thats the same thing this guy did. He called me up. I answer all his questions, he says he's sold, and asks me if I can do anything else for him on the price. I ask him, well ok, if I can bring it down for you another 70 bucks, which is my comission would you go ahead with the deal and give me a deposit? He says yea. So I lower it. Buddy then says I gotta ask the wife, and to call him later. Never answered his phone. This guy is one of those guys that likes to shop around leading ppl on, then going somewhere else cause he can save 5 bucks. Thats why I called him a pussy. What kinda person uses his wife to get out of a conversation anyways? a pussy. You guys can try to dis-credit me all you want. But at least I stick to my word. I like beyond and all, most of you guys are good ppl, but guys like the above tick me off, something about a guy with no guts. Regardless, promotions over tommorow, and the price goes up. Sorry guys but I'll always express the way I feel like it is.

Speed_69
01-30-2007, 10:39 AM

whoa buddy you need to relax. You've been in the sales industry for 6+ years, you should expect that this kind of stuff happens. I'm in sales myself and i make arrangements all the time but the guy backs out or doesn't show up in the end, that's life..accept it! That's what we get for being in the sales industry. Do you expect everyone that asks you about your products and trys to get a discount to buy it??? cause i sure the hell don't. Calling people a 'pussy' and 'noob' sure shows how professional you are :rolleyes:

EnRich
01-30-2007, 10:42 AM
lol. k I'm done with this thread.

legendboy
01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
you remind me of 90% of car sales people out there...

Sharpie
01-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
you remind me of 90% of car sales people out there...
Haha no doubt :rofl:

But if anyone can get me a smaller sized heater for a decent price PM me.

SinisterProbeGt
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
lol. k I'm done with this thread.
I think beyond might not be. But you should get this thread closed

Phuqu
01-30-2007, 02:28 PM
IBTL.

And I'll take a heater for a 36x22 triple garage.

Whitetiger
01-30-2007, 02:44 PM

It's be a sad sad world if all industries think a sales is guaranteed like you (again, I don't know you, and not attacking you personally). That's what FREE ESTIMATES are for, I can't imagine if all the plumbers, renovators, contractors my parents call to fix all our rental properties call us "PUSSIES" every time we just wanted a "price quote" for a job, or shop around for best price, best SERVICE, best QUALITY; and be called a pussy cuz we didn't go through a certain company/sales rep. When we redid our roof in this past summer, after realizing INTERLOCK (Aluminum shingles were shit), we called 4 other roofers for estimates. Made our judgement on Best, Sales pitch, attitude, quality (i.e. past jobs/reference), and how we see the company as a whole.

Let "US" (Can't speak for all Beyonders, but I think most, from what I'm reading)... A waiter or waitress get their tips based on their performance, combined with kitchen quality, restaurant setting, etc... and just because someone handed you drinks, food, bill to the table, does NOT entitle them to remark: "I've served you and your pussy ass family, I deserve at least 15-20% tips cuz I've worked here at Boston Pizza for 6 years, and I've served over 1000 through out my career."

In the spirit of keeping the thread ON TOPIC, there're other garage heaters in the market. (Page 988 - 989 in the Yellow Pages). And to try to answer the original post, I think the consumer need to first do their own research comparing Calcana units, with the stats of other units (i.e. BTU, price, size, etc...) before asking any sales rep questions within their duty. Quality aside (it's kinda hard to prove since not a lot of people have other brand heaters; maybe theirs works just as well for the first 5-6 years; since EnRich said his job was created 1 year ago for residential market; so another sales from another brand "shitty" company can still come on Beyond, sell 20-40 units based on price and have good reviews, since the heaters only ran for 1-3 years from the users), but I think the original poster was hoping to get opinions from others who might have other brand infrared garage heaters.

tc3
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
That wife comment you made.....
I'm guessing you're not married, huh?

You do realize, alot of your customers might be married, right?
Sometimes it's not an excuse, You might understand that one day.

Plus, you might get yourself knocked out if you make that comment to a married guy who truly is under the thumb of his wife.
Just because he has to take it from his wife, doesn't mean he has to take it from you!

Just trying to give you some helpful advice:D

Creisol
01-31-2007, 01:07 AM
My gf's father has a garage heater for sale. All I know is that its 36000 btu, brand new never been used, and he wants $400 for it. If you need anymore details let me know and I'll phone him.

[email protected]

P.S. Sluggish, remind me never to buy anything from that calcana moron!:guns:

8Ball
02-02-2007, 04:24 PM
i dont understand why anyone would install a $3,000 garage heater when you can go get a 240v electric heater for a couple hundred at any home depot/Rona/Totem etc etc type store

EnRich
02-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 8Ball
i dont understand why anyone would install a $3,000 garage heater when you can go get a 240v electric heater for a couple hundred at any home depot/Rona/Totem etc etc type store

cause your utility bill go will go up around 8 times. I had a customer once, purchased a heater off me cause he needed to keep his garage at room temperature, he was given a brand new electrical unit from a friend of his, installed it into his garage in about an hour, his next months utility bill to keep his garage at room temperature for 30 days was $352 dollars. :eek:

legendboy
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM

cause your utility bill go will go up around 8 times. I had a customer once, purchased a heater off me cause he needed to keep his garage at room temperature, he was given a brand new electrical unit from a friend of his, installed it into his garage in about an hour, his next months utility bill to keep his garage at room temperature for 30 days was $352 dollars. :eek:

I have a 10kW ouellet heater, I use it on a thermostat when i'm working in the garage. I don't even notice it on my electric bill. Of course the cost is dependant on how much you use it.

But yes, electric heat is definitley not economical if someone wants to keep their garage heated all winter long lol

I will be putting natural gas in my garage in the spring but i'm still not sold on overhead radiant heating. I have a standard 8' ceiling in my garage, i just don't think radiant is practical for low ceilings. However, i do think they are fine if you have min. 10'+ ceilings.... the higher the better.

Still imo, cost aside, nothing beats the comfort of forced air heating.

rage2
02-05-2007, 12:52 PM
legendboy, come over to my house on a -30 day and check out my setup. I would say that you wont be able to tell the difference between radiant and forced air heating.

EnRich
02-05-2007, 01:46 PM
legendboy, come over to my house on a -30 day and check out my setup. I would say that you wont be able to tell the difference between radiant and forced air heating.

Dont you go out there practically naked for smoke breaks when its -30 outside?

Anyone thats experianced infrared heat in a garage application, should be sold on it. I have tons of ppl that walk in off the street every day, 90% dont walk out without one of my heaters. Their sold the minute they feel the comfort. These are ppl that dont even know I sell infrared, they walk in here enquiring about a "garage heater." come in an see me sometime if your seriously interested in heating your garage. Beyond members still get my 6%

legendboy
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM

but you have like 15' ceilings in your garage, your heater is mounted up high isn't it?

rage2
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Not exactly accurate, but my garage ceiling is around 10.5ft high. The heater is angled, one side at 8.5ft, other side at 9ft.

legendboy
02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Not exactly accurate, but my garage ceiling is around 10.5ft high. The heater is angled, one side at 8.5ft, other side at 9ft.

can you kinda see what i'm saying if you only had 8' ceilings tho?

on one side of my garage, shelves, from floor to ceiling. front of my garage, storage cabnets, tool box, work and welding bench. the last wall of my garage; machines stuffed together and up againsed the wall.

there is no good place to put a tube heater. i can't put it anywhere the roll up door leaves its footprint, i can't have it in front of my shelves, don't want it above my work benches since it would be so close i'd roast my ass off when it came on. same with above my machinery.

i really think you need a higher ceiling to make it work comfortably :dunno:

EnRich
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
^^^ 90% of my customers install the Calcana unit in garages with 8' ceilings. Let me know if you want one ;)

Revhard
02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I have felt the difference myself.
I think the single biggest advantage that a radiant heater has in a small environment is the ability to heat up the concrete slightly.
My forced-air heater does the trick when I need it to heat up the garage to comfort, but the floor never warms up like a radiant heater.
That said, I find the radiant tends to have "hot spots" in the near vaccinity. It can be uncomfortably hot there, so place wisely in an 8ft high garage.
That said, I won't switch until the old beast quits, as it's paid for
and works fine. I will however replace with radiant because of
cost of ownership advantages long-term.

rage2
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
bump. 7+ years later, my calcana heater broke. Help me Inrich haha.

Hoping it's something simple. Fan turns on. 10 seconds later, the buzzing sound comes on and it shuts down. I'm guessing broken igniter.

First world problems, can't live with a fucking cold garage! :rofl:

TL911
11-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks Rage2 for bringing up this thread again! :thumbsup:

I am looking to get a heater installed in my garage for the season...I tried to PM Enrich, but his been Banned?

Tram Common
11-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Isn't EnRich banned?

ercchry
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
enrich=inrich, who is now out of the business... and is in the business of being a douche :rofl:

roopi
11-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
and is in the business of being a douche :rofl:

And business is booming :D

Anyways I'm moving in about a month and need a hookup on heater as well. I have the gas line and thermostat ready just need the actual heater.

benyl
11-22-2013, 04:14 PM
bump. 7+ years later, my calcana heater broke. Help me Inrich haha.

Hoping it's something simple. Fan turns on. 10 seconds later, the buzzing sound comes on and it shuts down. I'm guessing broken igniter.

First world problems, can't live with a fucking cold garage! :rofl:

Quit fucking around. You are baller. Get infloor.

JustinL
11-22-2013, 05:14 PM
I had a Superior Radiant Products heater installed in my garage a couple weeks ago. It's great and I would highly recommend radiant. The distributor I bought from was Qualitec here in Edmonton, and I think there's one in Calgary too.

Maxt
11-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JustinL
I had a Superior Radiant Products heater installed in my garage a couple weeks ago. It's great and I would highly recommend radiant. The distributor I bought from was Qualitec here in Edmonton, and I think there's one in Calgary too.
I've serviced and installed a bunch, SRP is one of the better machines.

Sugarphreak
11-22-2013, 08:30 PM

rage2
11-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Love my Calcana heater. Just need it fixed. It magically started working again, but I think it'll flake out again soon haha.

7.5 years before its first problem is pretty decent I guess?

CLiVE
12-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Bumping this thread again...

Looking to have a garage heater installed and looking for recommended companies in Calgary.

Attached Garage (31 x 35, oversized triple). Unsure what my best option is. Any help?

rage2
12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I guess I'll update. The controller broke. Replaced, and back in business. :thumbsup: