PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Licensing Opposition?

Dope Dealer
05-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Anyone have any good, clear points to opposing Graduated Licensing? I am doing a report and can't find anyone or anything opposing the issue. Everyone is in favor :)

Mike09
05-21-2003, 07:56 PM
damn right everyone's in favor except the people without thier lisence. It's the best idea I've seen in a long time.

bol
05-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
damn right everyone's in favor except the people without thier lisence. It's the best idea I've seen in a long time.

:werd:

Dope Dealer
05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Hahha, Yeah, I agree. That's why it's so damn hard to find two opposing viewpoints on this topic. :banghead:

5.9 R/T
05-21-2003, 08:43 PM
With graduated licensing insurance companies won't be able to make a ton of money off of kiddies and autobody shops will suffer from the lack of business they recieve. Also places that sell neon lighting will suffer.

Mike09
05-21-2003, 08:45 PM
lol, yea apc sales should plumet. ahwell tough break.:D

Luke 96 T/A
05-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Isn't graduated licensing only in Alberta, and maybe a few other provinces??
As for opposing view points, it can affect a person's ability to maintain a job... (say, pizza delivery boy ;-)) - can't drive after curfew...
that's about the only counterpoint I can think of!! :-)

may actually encourage drunk driving?? (instead of the possibly non-drunk, graduated licensing drive, the drunk current holder will drive...)

Khyron
05-21-2003, 09:42 PM
I did all my stupid crap and got in 3 accidents in my first 3 years of driving. And how EASY it is to get a motorcycle licence was retarded. I thought I read somewhere that Alberta was one of the last provinces to get graduated licencing - I could be wrong tho.

I say they make everyone take a test every 5 years.

Khyron

EvilNeon
05-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Graduated licensing may not deter the bigger morons from driving with a restricted license anyway. It a law that is fairly easy to break and get away with.

Quote:

I say they make everyone take a test every 5 years.

Amen. Not just a test, THE test. The whole driving test from written to practical. Make the people with the really nasty offenses (DUI etc) do, and pay for, it EVERY year, or every other year.

But NooOOooOOooo. The political reasons against that are immense.

04blackMAX
05-22-2003, 12:09 AM
they have been doing it for a long ass time in ontario...and its saved alot of lives...u dumb young fukers cant drive worth shit...and for thoose of you who beat the cut:thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
05-22-2003, 12:38 AM
alberta is the last province to have graduated licsense, i thnk