PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator X

Sharpie
01-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Does anyone else have Flight Simulator X? I just bought it and wondered if it was worth going out and buying a joystick for? Also what is the online like? Does anyone maybe wanna play later tonight?

Definitely dont have the patience for this game haha so I just wanted to let you guys know this and my joystick is forsale for $60 just PM me for more info

BlackArcher101
01-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Don't tell me you are actually using the keyboard right now!!! My god.

I highly recommend at least a joystick with throttle control on it. Personally, I use a CH Products Flight Yoke.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=4222&SID=

Flying with it is amazing. However, if you want to save money and think you will get into some fighter jet games, then go with a joystick.

schocker
01-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I have it, using my joystick aswell, it helps quite a bit in the game. I have never tried the online portion though, only missions and just flying around.

Sharpie
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
Don't tell me you are actually using the keyboard right now!!! My god.

I highly recommend at least a joystick with throttle control on it. Personally, I use a CH Products Flight Yoke.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=4222&SID=

Flying with it is amazing. However, if you want to save money and think you will get into some fighter jet games, then go with a joystick.
Haha no i am not using the key board just about to go get a joy stick.. but that one is a nice but to much money... I was thinking about getting this: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10034140&catid=

msommers
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I've always liked flying games but this flight simulator seems.....a bit boring. What exactly do you do on it other than just fly around a bit? Any good fighter games that are really good or new?

dino_martini
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I dont have FS X, because my computer is shit. But I have FS 2004, I use a joy stick and its fun.

TurboMedic
02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I have FSX, and have always played all the MSFS series with a force feedback joystick. Makes the whole thing much more fun.....Some of the missions are boring (flying a 747 for 5 hours over the ocean licks bag), but you can fly the redbull stunt planes and stuff...

The Cosworth
02-01-2007, 02:17 PM
have the game and a keyboard, the app has been opened once

Aleks
02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I play FSX quite a bit. Use a joystick with throttle. Way better than keyboard. I don't find it boring. Creating quick flights from airport to airport using real nav systems is fun for me anyways. haha

you can actually play realtime with real weather which is sweet. I never do longer than 2 hour flights and even then I used the Rate accelerator between way points sometimes.