PDA

View Full Version : FS: 94 Lexus SC400 - $3000.00 obo

wizardofnos
01-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I have to put the sale of the Lexus on hold briefly.
I may be able to pull the lien sooner than anticipated, so for a few days everything is on hold, and hopefully I will come back with a cleaned up, lien free vehicle.

I will keep the interested parties informed.

Thanks

I HAVE RECIEVED A SERIOUS LOCAL (EDMONTON) CASH OFFER ON THE LEXUS OF $1850. w/ THE ALREADY INSTALLED REMOTE STARTER/ALARM COMBO & THE NEW DRIVERS DOOR WINDOW.
(WINDOW COMES WITH, NOT INSTALLED)

I WILL HOLD OFF ON THE SALE UNTIL APPROX. 8:00PM TONITE, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BETTER THIS OFFER.

I WILL HAVE MY CELL WITH ME ALL DAY IF ANYONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME & COUNTER OFFER.

(780) 907 9907

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT WITH INPUT ON THE SALE.

I have a 94 Lexus SC400, wich would best be described as a theft recovery. The vehicle does belong to my family, and has since we purchased it from the second owner.

I am wondering if there would be any interest if I parted her out?

Or if someone may be interested the way she sits.

I know little to nothing about imports, so any help, without lowballing would be great.

Heres the lowdown, and if there is interest, I will go to the garage and take fresh pics and post them.

1994 Lexus SC400
292 XXX Km
V8 32 valve 4.0L
Auto/overdrive
Pearl White
Saddle Interior
I believe all options including:
Lexus fixed in phone
Dual memory leather seats
with heat & Power
4 whl discs
Rear wheel drive
Left hand drive (if anyone cares)
Factory 16 x 7 (?) aluminum wheels
Power tilt & Telescopic
Power Glass Moonroof
Cassette with 10 or 12 pack in the trunk (wich I broke, sorry)
Some kind of auto dimmer for the rear view mirror
Push button heat & everything else pretty well

THE LOWDOWN .. .. ..

She was meticulously maintained until one day she was lent to
a family friend. The car was brought back 5 weeks later..........

WITH:

The 2 back tires in the trunk, with bald spares on the rear.
All 4 tires bald
The rear bumper had been hit. Probably a 40km hit.
All the paint came off the bumper.
Pushed in the right side exhaust about 1.5 - 2 inches
A HOLE mysteriously appeared on the drivers leather seat, on the
left, like where your cell phone would clip.
Someone punched out the drivers door window

After all that, I brought her home and she still drove down the Capilano Freeway like riding on a cloud.

I have decided its not worth it to me to keep, so what ever way works the best, and she's outta the garage.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Everyone I know says part her out. :drama:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00595-1-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00596-1-2.jpg[
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00602-1-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00609-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00614.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00624.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00651.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00644-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00626.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00655.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00657.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00658.jpg

Okay, well this should give you an idea.

But theres a story for the title. Details upon inquirey.

euro_racer
01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
what are you asking for the whole thing? any pictures?

wizardofnos
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
what are you asking for the whole thing? any pictures?

I'll go out and snap some shots as soon as I get home.

As for asking? I really have no idea. Honestly.

I was told the K that are on it isn't reeeaaally high for an import.

I would have figured its the K's that'll kill a good sale.

Or not?

Speed_69
01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Marketplace Rules (strictly enforced)

10. ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted

wizardofnos
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I saw that, sorry. This is why I posted here, instead of the marketplace.

wizardofnos
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Can I download more than 1

Team_Mclaren
01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
what title is on the car?

euro_racer
01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
got pictures of the damage?

i miss my sc300 and wouldnt mind one more lexus sc in the near future :D

im2fst4u
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Pics of the damage?

Pm'd

:thumbsup:

T-Dubbs
01-26-2007, 03:24 AM
part me out the headlights!! and ill trade you jdm ones!

wizardofnos
01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I will post some shots as soon as I'm home.

I will also return all PM's too.

The pics from last nite were very dark.

I will pull it out of the garage before dark and take some fresh ones.

Having trouble with the pics though, as you see its an attachment to click on.

I need to know how to paste it or whatever so the pic is visible from the get go.

Sorry and thanks again.

When I answer the PM's, like I said before, if there is interest, I will move the thread or start a new one in the marketplace with a proper listing of parts and prices.

A3GTiVR6SC
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
what are you asking for the whole thing?

ball-park? like atleast a range...

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

+1

ex1z7
01-26-2007, 06:22 PM
If it has a theft recovery title, what does that mean in terms of recovering the vehicle, registering the vehicle, insurance.. ? Someone chime in with that cus I have no idea ..

Parting out.. You wont get much.. Not near what you will as an entire car, and do you want a torn apart car and a bunch of parts in your garage anyways? >_<

And pics of the bumper, window, seat, basically every area you mentioned that was rough is a good idea to take a picture of... How is the frame ? A 40km hit is pretty bad for frames.. Is the exhaust damage the muffler, or pipe, or both.. ?

A new bumper is what.. 200~, paint 300~, window 100~, stitch the seat yourself.. A muffler is cheap, a set of tires (with rims if you want 'em) is roughly 1000-1500.. Tires alone is near a grand if you want high end rubber..

So take that.. roughly 2 grand, maybe 3 if the parts are hard to find and cause you to buy new, and subtract it from any for sale ad you've found on a quick skim of autotrader.. Here I'll even do it.

Make & Model LEXUS SC 400
Year 1992
Price $8,995.00
Kms 220,000
Location VANCOUVER, BC

Year 1992
Price $12,995.00
Kms 234,000
Location NORTH VANCOUVER, BC

Year 1992
Price $8,995.00
Kms 204,000
Location NEW WESTMINSTER, BC

As you have almost 300,000km.. I'd knock another 1k off that..

So 3-4 grand less than anything you can find near you.. I'd say $$4,000 isn't too lowballingly outrageous, as for the same amount of money after fixing it, anyone looking for an SC400 can go get one without having to fix it themselves.

tentacles
01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
part me out the headlights!! and ill trade you jdm ones!

What the hell is he going to do with the JDM headlights? Sell them in Japan? String them up on his lawn? :rofl:

92_VTEC_lude
01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I take that the car is not in Calgary? I would take a look at it as I have another SC400 for part with side body damage....:(

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
No, he has a soarer, and the USDM equivalent is the sc400. So he wants to trade... that a bad thing?

garyb
01-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by tentacles

What the hell is he going to do with the JDM headlights? Sell them in Japan? String them up on his lawn? :rofl:

i would think that they would replace the stock ones, not sure what the difference is though....?

tentacles
01-26-2007, 08:56 PM
The OP is PARTING OUT his car, T-Dubbs obviously wants his USDM LHD headlights, but what would the OP want T-Dubbs' JDM RHD headlights for? To put them on his wrecked USDM car that he is PARTING OUT? :dunno:

Ugh...nevermind, good luck with the sale.

A3GTiVR6SC
01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
VIN?

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by tentacles
The OP is PARTING OUT his car, T-Dubbs obviously wants his USDM LHD headlights, but what would the OP want T-Dubbs' JDM RHD headlights for? To put them on his wrecked USDM car that he is PARTING OUT? :dunno:

Ugh...nevermind, good luck with the sale.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

got pictures of the damage?

i miss my sc300 and wouldnt mind one more lexus sc in the near future :D

Because some people are interested in the car as a whole and fixing it...
Reading > You

euro_racer
01-27-2007, 03:42 AM
jdm headlights are known to fog up or let moisture in and they all are usually yellow on the inside because of that :thumbsup:

still interested in the car, but i need more pics

tentacles
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
jdm headlights are known to fog up or let moisture in and they all are usually yellow on the inside because of that

Not to mention RHD. Who the hell puts RHD headlights into a LHD car? Why do you(smurf) think T-Dubbs wants the USDM headlights for his Soarer?

Maybe for a Civic..... :dunno:

wizardofnos
01-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Just a liner note:

I do have a new ( wrecker new ) window for the SC400, I just have to go down and pick it up.

Also, someone asked about the title, because I compared the car to a theft recovery.

I bought the car 4 years ago, never been stolen/written off, and no money is owed.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
No one I know of puts em in, but some people are interested in the car as a whole, thus the trading and not the just buying idea... :rolleyes:

wizardofnos
01-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
No one I know of puts em in, but some people are interested in the car as a whole, thus the trading and not the just buying idea... :rolleyes:

Could you elaborate on that a little

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Well I know if I had a few grand lying around, I'd pick this car up... But I don't. And some people have expressed interest. But because T-dubbs has a soarer, he wants the USDM headlights from your car, and understands that some people still want to buy it as a whole, thus offering to trade his headlights instead of just buying yours... I'm also sure he wants to save some money as well by trading.

92_VTEC_lude
01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Pm me your contact number if the car in Calgary or Edmonton since your location in your nick say Edmonton; I will come for a closer look b4 decision making if the car in Calgary and I will send some one to take alook if the car in Edmonton. If that is all the damages to the car like in your pictures I would have enough part from my wreck part car in Calagry to fix it, but a closer to under body and around checks is what I want to have b4 offering.... I PMed you couple days ago and no answered....

Can the car start and drive, I or my Edmonton friend will put on a dealer license plate (fully insured so you have nothing to worry about) to take it to a garage with a hoist to give it a good look b4 offering, you can come along for the drive. the reason I want to check under body because I have seen 20KHM hit from the back it could be more damage than what you can see on the back bumper.

wizardofnos
01-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 92_VTEC_lude
Pm me your contact number if the car in Calgary or Edmonton since your location in your nick say Edmonton; I will come for a closer look b4 decision making if the car in Calgary and I will send some one to take alook if the car in Edmonton. If that is all the damages to the car like in your pictures I would have enough part from my wreck part car in Calagry to fix it, but a closer to under body and around checks is what I want to have b4 offering.... I PMed you couple days ago and no answered....

Can the car start and drive, I or my Edmonton friend will put on a dealer license plate (fully insured so you have nothing to worry about) to take it to a garage with a hoist to give it a good look b4 offering, you can come along for the drive. the reason I want to check under body because I have seen 20KHM hit from the back it could be more damage than what you can see on the back bumper.

Yes, the car starts, runs, & drives amazingly well, considering the rough shape the tires are in. Otherwise the car had been very well maintained and cared for.
It was the daily driver of a semi-retired lady accountant, with a son who has a detail shop. It is still insured, but we only left, fire, theft & vandalism.
The short of it: You can tell she was pretty well cared for in her years, but the signs of aging are really catching up fast. So when little wear and tears happen, they spread like bacteria. (sounds like a commercial). :D
Anyhow thats about the just of it. I will post some other shots I took of the damage up close. 3 estimates: ($600/$1300 x2.) To repair bumper & muffler.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00597-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00598-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00601-1.jpg

Just in case I forgot to mention, I live in Forest Heights (Capilano area) in Edmonton.

T-Dubbs
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
whoa people
chill
the housing for the JDM ones are different than the USDM
and ive got HIDS in my garage for the USDM housing....
they have no moisture in them.
anyways... let me know
ill even toss in some cash...

and seriously people, if u have nothing good to say in the thread, then just spare us with your wittless babble.

wizardofnos
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I think I've received all the info I'm gonna get, and should move the thread over to the Marketplace.

Going by what everyone says, I should be asking $3500 - $4000.
That not in stone, shoot me something fair, or part trade, or parts trade and cash, whatever.
I have the new window for it. (not in)

And theres also a 2way starter/alarm in it.

I was talkin about the title before, so heres the lowdown:

I insured the car in a family members name a few years back.

They recently got caught up in a lawsuit, and she had all assetts frozen. They are working it out, and the lein will be lifted or removed. I have already talked to parties involved, and they didn't even know a lien was put on my car. They have no interest in the vehicle ( the suit is about real estate ). But I may have to wait until they finish the proceedings, but I bug them everyday, get the lein off my car!! It will happen, just might take a while.

With that, and then lending out the car, and getting back this way, we just decided to be rid of it.

So thats the lowdown. There is essentially nothing wrong with the car, but the obvious cosmetics.

I also checked it out too to be sure, and the registry said I can do what I want with the car, cut it up, part it, whatever.
The only bad thing, is if for whatever reason, she loses the court case, I guess they'd have a right to the car.

The case should end sometime in 2011. (yeah, its a $30 million suit for real estate, so how a car ended up in the mix, I don't know).

So thats it.

I will sell the car either way someone wants it.

The Cosworth
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
a little off topic, but are you suing the fuck out of your family friend for 'borrowing' your car for 5 weeks and destroying it?

wizardofnos
01-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
a little off topic, but are you suing the fuck out of your family friend for 'borrowing' your car for 5 weeks and destroying it?

We can't even get a prpoper address for of this guy ( I think he lives in a box ). He is a real piece of work. He also swindled my mom out of $10 grand in one afternoon, He's one of those guys that goes and swindles old ladies out of thier money. I had to buy my mom a another vehicle because of what he did. The result is I'm left with this Lexus I have no Idea what to do with.
God I wish I could catch up to him someday.

5 minutes, out behind the shop is all I ask god.

rm777
01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
If there is a lien on the car, how would anybody be able to purchase the vehicle let alone register it under their name? I am confused as to how can offer to sell a car with a lien on it? The new owner would be responsible in case your family member lost the case if the lien was not removed. You should definitely get the lien removed first and then try to sell the car as I am also interested in purchasing the car. Thanks.

Rahim

wizardofnos
01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by rm777
If there is a lien on the car, how would anybody be able to purchase the vehicle let alone register it under their name? I am confused as to how can offer to sell a car with a lien on it? The new owner would be responsible in case your family member lost the case if the lien was not removed. You should definitely get the lien removed first and then try to sell the car as I am also interested in purchasing the car. Thanks.

Rahim

Yeah, thats where I run into the roadblock. I checked it out with the registry, and registering and insuring the car have absolutley nothing to do with the lien, in the sense of purchasing it.

The short of: I can sell to anybody I want, and anyone can buy it, and insure it.

Now the lien is registered to this particular vin #.

So if for what ever reason, she loses her court case, and the client
exercised there rights, the sheriff would search out the car. ( by registration ) and lets say for arguments sake you own it, and have for 2 more years.
The person awarded the judgement in this case where the lien is, would now have the right to get the sheriff and come and take away the car. Regardless of who owns it at the time, and what is done to the car, they can just hook up a tow truck and be gone.

But the Law also states that in the meantime I can do whatever I want with the car (cut it into pieces, part it out or whatever).
Or just drive it. When this case is settled, it'll be over alot more than a car. There is 30 million dollars worth of property on the line, and they have no interest in 3500 dollar car. It's a formality, but still a shitty one at that. And I'm stuck with it.
I've been promised the letter of release already, but I know I am at the bottom of the list of things to do in that law firm.

So, theres a slim to none chance that something would ever materialize in this, but just when you think you've seen it all......

So, like the good citizen I am, disclose any and all info.

(and my stepmom is a lawyer, she wouldn't let me sell it, if there
was a chance we'd be breaking any laws, or possibly ripping someone off.)

So there it is. Now, if anyone is still interested .. .. ..

wizardofnos
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Well I think I've come down to it, and if the moderator I talked with, would be so gracious as to move this thread to the Marketplace.

The Lowdown:

We can do this a few different ways, Of course I would like to sell the car as a whole, but as you know, there is this temporary situation with the lien.

Whole car $3000 o.b.o

Drivetrain ( motor, tranny, computer, etc.) $2500 o.b.o

Rolling ( whole body & interior ) $1800 o.b.o

I'm also open to any ideas, trades, trade & cash, or offers.

92_VTEC_lude
01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I am really interested in the whole car since I have enough part to fix it up good , but your lien condition does not look too good, so please let me know as soon as you have the lien off the car....:(

wizardofnos
01-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 92_VTEC_lude
I am really interested in the whole car since I have enough part to fix it up good , but your lien condition does not look too good, so please let me know as soon as you have the lien off the car....:(

I know, beleive me, it really sucks. I phone every single day down to the law office that is representing the claimants, trying to get them to take it off (the lien) sooner than later.

They don't ever say it won't come off or there not doing it, they are just taking there sweet ass time in doing it. It's apparently not a priority.

I will definitely keep you guys posted, the second it comes off.

( Unless we part her out first )

sneek
01-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Does the dog in the car have anything to do with the hole in the seats

wizardofnos
01-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by sneek
Does the dog in the car have anything to do with the hole in the seats

I guess I should elaborate on that.
It's more a bad rub mark, like if you had a cell phone clipped to your belt, or maybe a pocket knife? Tool belt is what I guessed, (carpenter, renovator,) But see for yourself, what do you think?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/gregory_d_photos/94%20Lexus%20SC400/DSC00597.jpg

T-Dubbs
01-31-2007, 02:48 AM
hmm, i could use a spare body........

wizardofnos
01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Still working on the title, I will let everyone know the second it's off.

Thx again

wizardofnos
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, Just wanns see if maybe we can move this potentially amazing project.
I am making headway w/ the office to speed things up and get free title.

wizardofnos
02-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Still very motivated to sell

EnRich
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
1000 bucks i'll pick it up tonight, with that extra window you have from the wreckers. I dont give a fuck about the lein.

wizardofnos
02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
$2000 including the window & remote starter/alarm, and come and get her, give her a good home and get er cleaned up.

jdm_eg6
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
... spent a little time reading the info, and i was watching a show on reposest and stolen vechicles bla bla bla...

anyway if i were to buy this, according to this CBC program a lean could lose me my car, or end up making me owe more money to other people in some fancy mannor...

can anybody elaborate on the leans?

wizardofnos
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I HAVE RECIEVED A SERIOUS LOCAL (EDMONTON) CASH OFFER ON THE LEXUS OF $1850. w/ THE ALREADY INSTALLED REMOTE STARTER/ALARM COMBO & THE NEW DRIVERS DOOR WINDOW.
(WINDOW COMES WITH, NOT INSTALLED)

I WILL HOLD OFF ON THE SALE UNTIL APPROX. 8:00PM TONITE, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BETTER THIS OFFER.

I WILL HAVE MY CELL WITH ME ALL DAY IF ANYONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME & COUNTER OFFER.

(780) 907 9907

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT WITH INPUT ON THE SALE.

wizardofnos
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
ALSO HERE IS MY HOME NUMBER

(780) 634 6110

marko polo
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by EnRich
1000 bucks i'll pick it up tonight, with that extra window you have from the wreckers. I dont give a fuck about the lein.

learn to read, hes already had an offer higher than youres.

wizardofnos
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I have to put the sale of the Lexus on hold briefly.
I may be able to pull the lien sooner than anticipated, so for a few days everything is on hold, and hopefully I will come back with a cleaned up, lien free vehicle.

I will keep the interested parties informed.

Thanks

JungleMatic86
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I called and left a message for you. Gimme a call once you get your head around all this.
Thanks

92_VTEC_lude
02-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I am really interested in picking it up when the lien is pulled from the car....:D