PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this stuff?

Mad$ella
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I have BUM FIGHTS 1 and it is totally a dope DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I am just wondering if any one else has seen it or BUM FIGHTS 2 and or 3. If you have then e-mail me at [email protected]
and let me know

msommers
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Is it just me, or are these videos seriously degrading

pinoyhero
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
^Its not just you

carter_prelude
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
yea i don't get whats so great about a bum fight either... :dunno:

toyboy88
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
so is a bum fight literally a bum fight...details for a noob? lol :dunno:

Tik-Tok
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
so is a bum fight literally a bum fight...details for a noob? lol :dunno:

From Wikipedia:

Bumfights is an independent video series originally created by Indecline Films in documentary-style showing homeless people ("bums") fighting and attempting amateur stunts in exchange for money, alcohol, and other incentives. Homeless people were actually hurt in the making of these videos (most notably, Rufus Hannah, who later filed charges), and had no stunt doubles. The first video in this series was called 'Bumfights: Cause for Concern' The film was produced by Ryan McPherson, Zachary Bubeck, Daniel J. Tanner, and Michael Slyman, and has been distributed mainly over the Internet. In 2003, Indecline sold the rights to another company, who in turn credited the pseudonyms "Shannon Muston" and "Taylor White" as the creators. The videos have proven to be highly controversial. They have been banned in a number of countries including Great Britain, and most traditional retail outlets have refused their sale. The popular internet auction site eBay routinely cancels listings which contain copies of the video, citing their policy which prohibits the sale of materials which promote or glorify violence. In the state of California, both felony and misdemeanor charges were filed against the producers, as well as civil lawsuits; in 2005, the producers were sentenced to six months in prison for having failed to complete the community service to which they had previously been sentenced. The filmmakers maintain that the production of the video was a mutually beneficial arrangement and that the homeless people depicted freely chose to participate.

The films have likewise been blamed for inspiring a number of violent teenage attacks on the homeless, both in the United States and other countries.

* In July 2004, four teenagers in Mildura, Australia faced murder charges after they set fire to a homeless man's makeshift shelter, supposedly inspired by the Bumfights videos.
* In August 2005, two 19-year-old men attacked homeless Los Angeles residents with baseball bats, apparently saying they were inspired by Bumfights.
* In 2005 two teens from Calgary, Alberta who apparently claimed to be "fans" of the show severely beat a homeless man in their city. The two were later sentenced to a year in prison.

The US-based National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH) has stated that Bumfight videos disseminate hate against the homeless and dehumanize them.

In April 2006, the four filmmakers agreed to pay three men depicted in the videos and not to produce any more "Bumfights" videos or distribute videos already made, under a settlement announced as a lawsuit was to go to trial.[1]

Bumfights 4: Return Of Ruckus went on sale August 1st, 2006. This installment in the series has a short running time and extremely little "bum" footage, instead relying on clips of suburban kids fighting and jumping off of things to fill time (much more so than previous installments).

Calgary made Wikipedia under bumfights... isn't that special

Supa Dexta
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM