PDA

View Full Version : Alignment question!

Madmax
05-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Anyone knows a place that I could get that done in Calgary/Edmonton??

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november01/westend.shtml

MAx

DSM Power
05-25-2003, 04:31 PM
What an alignment or a bent axle? :nut: That's weird... !

4wheeldrift
05-25-2003, 04:38 PM
I highly doubt you'll find many shops willing to bend an axle just to get rid of a 1/4" of toe in. There's got to be a better way to get rid of the understeer than that, and safer ways too (sway bars leap to mind immediately).

Cueman
05-25-2003, 05:01 PM
For axle-bending Darin is probably the only one in the country with the proper fixtures do it safely.

Huh? The only one with two chains and a jack?

Madmax
05-25-2003, 07:35 PM
The question was do you know any places that would do it. If not please keep your comments to yourself.

Thank you!!

DSM Power
05-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Actually, your question wasn't clear at all. Personally I think that is a really bad idea (and apparently others do too). :rolleyes:

T5_X
05-26-2003, 10:03 PM
I'd like to know more about this mod. Got any links?

4wheeldrift
05-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
I'd like to know more about this mod. Got any links? They are basically tweaking the axle and frame using a BFH to try and get rid of a quarter inch of toe in. I think a rear swaybar would work every bit as well to get rid of the understeer, without weakening anything that might break with hard use down the road.

Madmax
05-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Actually, your question wasn't clear at all. Personally I think that is a really bad idea (and apparently others do too). :rolleyes:

What ever man! I asked anyone knows a place that done to my car. If I could use shim or something else you think I would ask you guys. Not really. I wanted to know if you guys knew any good place that could do this. if not well I'll find one by myself. This as been done by someone that knows he's shit. THey have been working on cars way more than a lot of guys in here. If you think it's a really bad idea. I don't care about it. I want to get it done. How much do you know when it comes to 200SX Nissan. Nothing, that's right. Sorry if I'm being an asshole to you. but I've seen to many post on beyond being trash by guys that didn't know what they where talking about.

Apparently with this mod, for you guys that cares about it. You can gain form 5 to 8 milles/hours faster around a corner. Yes it might not be that much more, but if you ever have a chance to drive with me you'll know that this much could be a lot.

Madmax
05-26-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
I'd like to know more about this mod. Got any links?

That;s about what I got so far. Everyone that did it so far are really satisfied with it. Like they are saying if you're an average driver that doesn't really use's cars around corner you should not get it done to your car. That's about what I got so far.

4wheeldrift
05-27-2003, 06:56 AM
I still stand by my previous statement, there are better, cheaper and safer ways of getting rid of understeer. Not that you're gonna listen anyways, since you're hellbent on getting it done regardless of what anyone here tells you :rolleyes:

DSM Power
05-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Madmax

If you think it's a really bad idea. I don't care about it. I want to get it done. How much do you know when it comes to 200SX Nissan. Nothing, that's right. Sorry if I'm being an asshole to you. but I've seen to many post on beyond being trash by guys that didn't know what they where talking about.

LOL, I could care less what you do either dude. :zzz:

cocoabrova
05-27-2003, 06:39 PM
It's sounds like it would work, but the problem is that not too many shops in town would want to worry about any liability that could come up with doing this sort of "mod." The first places I'd try though, would be frame/alignment shops, then maybe some of the smaller shops in town:thumbsup:

EMAXX
05-27-2003, 06:40 PM
There has to be a better way than doing that. That seems kind of dangerous. Like other people said. I think that I would just put a sway bar in, better suspension system, lower it a bit just to name a few things.