PDA

View Full Version : calgary crackdown

benyl
05-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Maybe it is because I am not usually on the street at this time of day, but there were so many cops out with people pulled over between 3:30 and 4:30.

But what is funny. The weren't around when I saw 4 hooligans on Country hills going through red lights at 6:00 pm. They would drive on the shoulder and block the cross traffic. It was so stupid.

kevie88
05-22-2003, 12:58 PM
well, now that the fines have gone up, expect an all-out blitz by the CPS, all in the name of lucrativ... uh, I mean safety.. yeah thats it! Safety!

ecstasy_civic
05-22-2003, 01:07 PM
the guy behind me got pulled over for 10 over last night. white suburban, i thought it was a joke when i saw the lights. my radar dectector never even beeped once.

and i was followed out of harvest hills by a cop yesterday afternoon until some moron in a neon pulled a Uturn in a playground zone.

sexualbanana
05-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
well, now that the fines have gone up, expect an all-out blitz by the CPS, all in the name of lucrativ... uh, I mean safety.. yeah thats it! Safety!

haha

buh_buh
05-22-2003, 02:50 PM
shit pulled over for going 10 over?? Did you get a ticket?

ecstasy_civic
05-22-2003, 03:19 PM
no, luckily it wasnt me, it was the guy behind me. but i was speeding, i was going almost 75 in a 60 and then i had slowed down cause of where the cops usually sit. so i was doing 60-65 and the guy in the G20 came up right beside me and then hit the brakes, cop lights went on and he got pulled over.

sil-eightyDrift
05-22-2003, 04:16 PM
I was at the silent rage meet lastnight, some CPs came by just as this guy in a nice orangy gold civic was leaveing, the bastards tailed him out. When i left i saw his car pulled over by wendys by those CPS. He might ahve been hit hard with some noise fines and such :dunno:

sin
05-22-2003, 04:24 PM
haha ya i saw that, they were just sweatin his ass for his exhaust, wonder if they actually pulled him over... then afte school today there were cops every 15 blocks on elbow

Kaos
05-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
my radar dectector never even beeped once.

Radar detectors dont detect police cars, they only detect radar....
Well maybe you have a better detector than I did....

Seems like they're going hardcore on imports since I left...
What about luxury cars? anyone get hassled by the popo's?:thumbsdow

tctdmx
05-22-2003, 05:14 PM
yeah.. if you are young and you drive a decent car, no matter if it's import or domestic... they'd be harrassing you...

i mean i am sorrry they have to drive in thouse crown victoris everyday, but it doesnt mean i hace to drive dem prandpa cars too..... damn...

JJLuke
05-22-2003, 06:49 PM
solution to all these problems: go sleeper

I did. :D

Seanith
05-22-2003, 08:34 PM
its amazing i haven't been pulled over yet.. my exhaust is big enough to fit a cornucopia of fruit in it! :nut:
I guess for the most part my car "looks" stock though...

Doodle
05-22-2003, 09:43 PM
CBC new had some shit on about cops cracking down about street racing and imports in leiu(sp?) of TFATF2 coming up. Crack whores.

RiceCake
05-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Radar detectors dont detect police cars, they only detect radar....
Well maybe you have a better detector than I did....

Seems like they're going hardcore on imports since I left...
What about luxury cars? anyone get hassled by the popo's?:thumbsdow

:werd: Radar detectors usually just tell you if there is photo radar kicking around.... When the laser band goes off its generally too late...

Maybe I just got a crappy radar detector too...;)

Anyways, I spoke to a cop yesterday and yes, the starting price for speeding is $57 per km/hr over the limit :eek: :thumbsdow

littledan
05-22-2003, 11:03 PM
is that amount correct??? because if you were to go only 10 over the limit your ticket would be 5 bills !!!:(

Khyron
05-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Nooo - it still goes up by the normal amount - they just raised the base ammount. Ie:

10 over 37 dollars
20 over 67 dollars
30 over 100 dollars

became

10 over 57 dollars
20 over 87 dollars, etc.

I made up those numbers, but that's what they mean by the base. Speeding didn't change all that much - its the bloody rolling stop sign tix for 200 bucks that scare me.

And what REALLY pisses me off - is I've seen you honda boys pulled over for exhaust and such, and then I see some POS dodge with the exhaust hanging on the ground and they don't do shit. I swear I've seen 3 in the last week where the pipes are touching the ground. :banghead:

Khyron

rice_eater
05-22-2003, 11:30 PM
I got nothing to worry about for a while :D I'm rebuilding the engine to get it all prepped up for about 11-15 pounds of boost so i probably wont be driving again till close to the end of summer since i'm doing the rebuild all by myself and i have to learn as i go:D But it's true that the flashier your car is the more hassle you get. I mean i got a bodykit on the peeon but the cops almost always take it easy on me, probably coz they feel bad that the only thing i could aford was a little peeon :rofl:

ecstasyracer
05-22-2003, 11:48 PM
I was driving to work down 4th street early in the morning and there was two radar traps like 4 blocks from each other. What the hell is the point in that.

rice_eater
05-22-2003, 11:54 PM
easy man...you think you got away and you speed up hapilly...then they bust you up good

sexualbanana
05-23-2003, 12:28 AM
there r a ton of police out. i saw 4 in a 15 minute drive on blackfoot at midnite

buh_buh
05-23-2003, 03:31 AM
man, looks like I should store the car for a couple weeks until F&F2 is over.

dj_honda
05-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

the effects of that movie will last waaaaay longer than that...
take the first one for example.

littledan
05-23-2003, 11:47 AM
i think fatf was the worst thing to happen to the sport compact seen here in north america...

kevie88
05-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Yeah, I think I'll be getting the bike out..

88CRX
05-23-2003, 12:33 PM
:guns: :guns: 2f2f wanabees

izzoblitzo
05-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Hmm.. do ya'll think the 'scene' would be as big today, with as many more parts as it is, without the movie coming out? Personally, I think it'd still be relatively raw, no crazy paints and crazy mods, just the typical body kit, rims, and exhaust.. thats prolly it.

The movie gave us widespread altezzas, aluminum spoilers... NOS - the big ones. and blinky lights. It used to be sweet to see a 'done up' car.. it was rare.. but now, you'll see something done to everything.. just an exhaust, just rims, just altezzas etc etc if you cruise through Chinatown.:thumbsup:

I know this movie gave me a whole new meaning to the color 'neon green', and pretty much anything neon or electric sounding.

sin
05-25-2003, 10:02 PM
well i know i want to drive a pink s2k with pink interior :bullshit:

AccordTypeR
05-25-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Hmm.. do ya'll think the 'scene' would be as big today, with as many more parts as it is, without the movie coming out? Personally, I think it'd still be relatively raw, no crazy paints and crazy mods, just the typical body kit, rims, and exhaust.. thats prolly it.

The movie gave us widespread altezzas, aluminum spoilers... NOS - the big ones. and blinky lights. It used to be sweet to see a 'done up' car.. it was rare.. but now, you'll see something done to everything.. just an exhaust, just rims, just altezzas etc etc if you cruise through Chinatown.:thumbsup:

Personally,I think it did more harm then good for the scene. Now every other car is a riced out civic cuz some fool thinks it cute or cool to have a fuckin fart can exhaust and then they think that they can just shove 2 ten lb bottle of nitrous oxide( not fuckin nos) in the trunk of thier stick civic. There would prolly be alot less heat o the street races and hopefully less people will show up and mabye they can be kept on the dl. Reguardless of how big the scene is there would still be alot of parts for these cars and possibly more tastefull parts not 5 foot 2 teir wings that you see on civicsthat will never need that kinda downforce :banghead:

DonJuan
05-26-2003, 12:23 PM
CPS sucks, i heard that they made over 40 million in profits in the forst quarter. These cops piss me off, after coming home from Race city last Friday, checkstop, and in front of me is by bro with his V8 S10 and bald rear tires (not slicks just bald) and a 3 1/4 inch dual side exaust capable of spouting flames a when turning the bald tires into an environmentalist's nightmare. He gets a "Sounds good son" and is on his way while they pull me aside look through my car, underneath with mirrors lookin for the NX bottle and the worst part is MY CAR IS STOCK!!! (for now) 20 minutes later, i get a "Keep your car that way" and waves me on. Eat a dick CPS cops. Put it in your mouth and EAT A DICKAnd although it is true F&F did kinda send signals to law emforcement about the street racing thing it also did give us one very valuable thing... the dude with the 95 civic coupe with a spoon engine, 200 shot of NOS, MoTec system exaust, and a Laptop compatible nitrous program to adjust as he sees fit while attempting to break into the 9's while racing down the street.

ryder_23
06-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Just to let everyone know. Radar detectors for incide of calgary are almost pointless. Calgary is the only city in north america to just use laser, except for photo radar, there is not one police cruiser in calgary with a radar unit, except once again for photo radar. I live just outside the city, and most of my driving is hwy. My valentine one, since the new ticket prices, has saved me from over 1500$ worth of fines, and 14demeritts. If you want ultimate protection, get a laser jammer, and a v1. v1 for country, and laser jammer for when u hit those 100-50km/h signs going city to city.

Luke 96 T/A
06-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Just to let everyone know. Radar detectors for incide of calgary are almost pointless. Calgary is the only city in north america to just use laser, except for photo radar, there is not one police cruiser in calgary with a radar unit, except once again for photo radar. I live just outside the city, and most of my driving is hwy. My valentine one, since the new ticket prices, has saved me from over 1500$ worth of fines, and 14demeritts. If you want ultimate protection, get a laser jammer, and a v1. v1 for country, and laser jammer for when u hit those 100-50km/h signs going city to city.
Gotta differ from you...
I have a radar detector...
And I do pick up radar quite a bit.. Sure, a lot is laser, but not all! ;-)
Just the other night I picked up a radar trap on Glenmore, right by the French school and the gap to come out of the community (just a little after the bridge from Crowchild..)
They were using a Ka band radar... and no, it wasn't a false ;-)
I do love my laser jammer though.. I just wish I could get them to fit on my car, instead of my old truck! ;-)