PDA

View Full Version : Looking For: Good Sushi In SW

Forcefed
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
As the title says, me and some buddies are going go go out tonight and eat some sushi. I know of the Sushi BBQ across from SAIT, and its awesome! Im looking for something open alittle later, since we wont be heading out till 8 or so, and we perfer all you can eat. If anyone has some sujestions that are close/closer to mount royal/chinook that would be awesome!!!

Chris

Rav4Guy
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Kinjo Sushi on Mcleod near Chinook. - Peter = :thumbsup:

or are you looking for all-you-can-eat?

Tik-Tok
01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Kinjo is great, but not all you can eat.

I haven't found an all you can eat in Calgary that's actually "good"

There's Ichiban north of Chinook, but it's mediocre at best (though is all you can eat)

Darkane
01-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Willow Park.. Sushi Ginza?

rc2002
01-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
Kinjo Sushi on Mcleod near Chinook. - Peter = :thumbsup:

That's the worst sushi place in the city.

Towa and Hanna on 17th are good.

SiG Baby
01-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I LOVE SUSHI....However, I have found there are very few "good" sushi resurants out of the downtown core. I live by Mount Royal College and I don't believe there are any resturants in the area (Marda Loop, Westhills, Mac Trail ect) worth it.

IMO Sakana Grill in Chinatown and Sumo Lounge in Au'Claire are your best bet, but neither is all you can eat.

HRD2PLZ
01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

That's the worst sushi place in the city.

Towa and Hanna on 17th are good.

I really like Kinjo, go there all the time.

I do agree with you on Towa and Hana sushi though :thumbsup:

joyridder
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Sushi Ichiban!!! In Westbrook (bowtrail and 37th) right by Jubilation's Dinner Theatre, Spa Lady...
Nice portions, Great Food, decent pricing!! Even the take out is great. I love relatively close so I get it with in 20-25 min of ordering. :thumbsup:

gatorade
01-26-2007, 09:15 PM
omg, every time someone says sushi bbq inn is good, I just gotta say that I think that place has the worst sushi ever, if you think that place is good you must not eat alot of sushi

DowntownCowboy
01-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Sushi Ichiban is horrible, like the previous post said its hard to find a good one out of the core.

Hana & Kawa on 4th are good. Sakana & Sumo are not very average, and you might as well go to Fuji Yama or Globefish if you are that close to downtown. The new Sushi Kai in Dragon City as well is pretty good.

All you can eat is overrated (thats why its dying in Vancouver too), if you order a mix of rolls, sushi & sashimi, $30-40 should just about cover all you can eat and you'd be much happier at the end of it.

idriveabox
01-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Richmond sushi house seems to be pretty good IMO.

By Canadian tire and visions SW

SinisterProbeGt
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
kinjo sushi just south of glenmore trail. by denny's its the old tim hortons.
Peter the owner has been in the news many times for his food as well as his manner. Great food :thumbsup: they even have the boats that float around the sushi bar and you just grab what you want when you want it.
Fair price food is always fresh
Kinjo Sushi - 5.6 km S - 7101 MacLeod Trail SW - (403) 255-8998

Features floating sushi bar and an open cooking pit where patrons can watch their meal being prepared. Specializes in "Izakaya" style dinning with a pub-like, festive atmosphere. Staff serenade you with English and Japanese songs.

DowntownCowboy
01-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Is that the same Richmond Sushi that is in Richmond, BC? That'd be strange...

Originally posted by idriveabox
Richmond sushi house seems to be pretty good IMO.

By Canadian tire and visions SW

TurboMedic
01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, every single topic about Sushi ends up with Nobody agreeing on a single thing.....This has been covered a million times in the last 6 months...the results are all the same...

Tik-Tok
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
Unfortunately, every single topic about Sushi ends up with Nobody agreeing on a single thing.....This has been covered a million times in the last 6 months...the results are all the same...

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI.

TurboMedic
01-30-2007, 04:49 PM
See, I have to disagree!

clem24
02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
+1. Do a search. :rolleyes: There are so many freakin' sushi threads, and everyone seems to have their faves.