PDA

View Full Version : What car rental company do you use?

bigbadboss101
01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Which company do you use? I know some companies have the more premium cars, inclucing Volvos, Camry, etc. I work out of town and now I am thinking it's better for me to rent from Friday night to Monday morning every couple weekends. It costs me $55 or so anyways to go from and to the airports.

So, if you were to rent a mid or full size car, who would you go with? I checked Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National's site and the prices are within $10 for weekend rental. Haven't checked Avis yet. Will also see who has discounts for Air Canada, CIBC Aerogold, AMEX etc.

It makes sense for me if I go to Calgary twice a month. Cab cost is $55 or so. For another $50 I can rent a mid size car. That way I can cancel my insurance.

01RedDX
01-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Isaiah
01-27-2007, 06:41 PM
+1 National for both reasons mentioned above in addition to vehicle selection, which I find better than the others.

Also, their vehicles are unbranded so you're not driving around with a Budget or Enterprise sticker on the back of your car.

CRXguy
01-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Another vote for National. It's always $60-80 cheaper than their competitor when I rent.

trieuth
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM
i like enterprise.

3G
01-27-2007, 08:21 PM
National Sucks monkey balls :thumbsdow

Isaiah
01-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 3G
National Sucks monkey balls :thumbsdow

Can you specify?

5hift
01-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I rented from Enterprise and wouldnt suggest them. They didnt have the class of car I reserved and I was given the option of a Echo or Cobalt. I took the Cobalt and found the inside was really dirty... like dirty enough for them to notice it should be cleaned and not really give a fuck.

Kritafo
01-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Enterprise. We have never had a problem with them. It doesn't matter where in North America we have been they have always been good to us. The one time we rented from National we had to take the car back the tires were thread bare, and they hadn't even cleaned out the car from the last rental. We have been upgraded several times with Enterprise and they can get most cars you request. I mean...no they aren't going to get you a Bugatti.

Whitetiger
01-28-2007, 04:37 AM
I've notice Hertz to be super expensive over these 2 past years.

djayz
01-28-2007, 06:25 AM
discount always does a good job when i rent from them. Prices are always cheaper than any other place and trust me i check everyday when i am planning on renting.

I remember renting from discount for 2 weeks and it costs me just under $350 while everyone else was charging close to $500. Both were without insurance.

Mangina
01-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Enterprise every time.

TrevorK
01-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I've gone to both Enterprise and Budget, never had a problem with either.

Enterprise seems to be a bit cheaper - I've been able to latch onto $20/day weekend deals for anything full-size or less,. and get emails about it all the time.

khtm
01-28-2007, 08:43 AM
If you want CHEAP use Rent-a-Wreck. I rented a Saturn for a week over Xmas break in Vancouver for $140, when I was quoted around $300 by everyone else.

On business I use National because with their Emerald Club program you can reserve a compact car and then choose from anything when you go to pick it up.

tentacles
01-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Enterprise is the only choice for younger guys, everyone else charges extra if you are under 25.

scat19
01-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I am 19, and you are not allowed to rent a car untill 21... but there is a special case.

over 18 and in an accident - therefore i was allowed to and it was paid by the lady who hit me insurance.

enterprise was the one i was told to go to. At first he told me there was no car in all of calgary to rent, imo, because it is a lot of work to get me a car. (Age thing)

I got a car because I saw one outside, with snow on it, so obvious he had at least ONE.

Just on that, enterprise :thumbsdow

The Cosworth
01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Used Budget in San Diego and it was good, we had booked a smaller car (sebring maybe) and we got upgraded to an intrepid (woop de do) but they were still good to us

Brother in law rented a mustang from national in San Fran, broke it, and they came with a flat bed with a new car dropped it off and took the old one away

craigcd
01-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by scat19
I am 19, and you are not allowed to rent a car untill 21... but there is a special case.

over 18 and in an accident - therefore i was allowed to and it was paid by the lady who hit me insurance.

enterprise was the one i was told to go to. At first he told me there was no car in all of calgary to rent, imo, because it is a lot of work to get me a car. (Age thing)

I got a car because I saw one outside, with snow on it, so obvious he had at least ONE.

Just on that, enterprise :thumbsdow

I never had a problem with Enterprise when i was 18?

Just had to buy there 18.00 insurance or something.

DarkDream
01-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Definitely Enterprise... I've always found them to be quite cheap compared to other companies.. and if you sign up for their newletter they always send off some discount codes.. especially the one for those date(Friday to Monday).... Another plus is that they also drive you there to pick up the car, as well as drive you back(No CHARGE!!)

ninspeed
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
In canada, i use Discount or Enterprise, But when i am in the states, i use AVIS (by far the cheapest for 1 week rentals)

bluetek
05-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Anyone know of any places that do monthly discounts? and whats the best one on a month to month basis. Has anyone ever done it like that?

Just realizing that its damn expensive...:banghead:

TimG
05-04-2007, 08:54 AM
i've had good experience with Enterprise.

The last time I rented a car i was supposed to get a focus or a cobalt but it wasn't ready for me so they gave me a free upgrade to an altima. :thumbsup:

403Gemini
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I use discount or enterprise

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I rent cars all week long all the time.. I use National .. 3x the aeroplan points