PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Civic Hatch

5hift
01-28-2007, 12:53 AM
There has been a 98ish Civic Hatch without plates parked behind my local convienience store for quite some time now. Its on the side of the road/alley in kind of a low key area. It has a generic for sale sign on the dash, but there is no number/contact info posted, and I would say it has not moved for at least 6 months. Its a black 5 spd dx and looks to be in perfect condtion, other than the fact that the neighbourhood kids have egged the shit out of it numerous times. I'm interesting in finding out who owns it and trying a lowball as they obviously dont care about it and seem to have forgotten about it. How would one go about tracking down who owns it?

KuruptEX
01-28-2007, 12:55 AM
chasis number i believe so

pepschnops
01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
if there are no plates on it and no number or contact info on the for sale sign the next step most likely is to run the VIN number and see who owns it.

nadroj23
01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
shouldnt this car have been towed a long time ago?

blue Zed
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Maybe on a off chance call the non emergency police line and ask them if it was stolen.if not at least you would find the owner.

2.2vtec
01-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I always drive by a civic hatch that has been egged by cougar ridge, right by the french school that was newly opened. Is this the same one? I think is purple in color.

7thgenvic
01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
FREEBIE...haha

Dj Dhaliwal
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Dj Dhaliwal
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
hahahaha
ur thinkin what im thinkin
lol

Team_Mclaren
01-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Dj Dhaliwal
hahahaha
ur thinkin what im thinkin
lol

you have got to be fucking shitting me

Sharpie
01-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Dude your a fucking retard if you are gonna steal it..

+1 for ban

Mr_ET
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
+2

cressida_pimpin
01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
+3 and an ass kicking

Sharpie
01-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Success he is banned!!!

BlueGoblin
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
There has been a 98ish Civic Hatch without plates parked behind my local convienience store for quite some time now. Its on the side of the road/alley in kind of a low key area. It has a generic for sale sign on the dash, but there is no number/contact info posted, and I would say it has not moved for at least 6 months. Its a black 5 spd dx and looks to be in perfect condtion, other than the fact that the neighbourhood kids have egged the shit out of it numerous times. I'm interesting in finding out who owns it and trying a lowball as they obviously dont care about it and seem to have forgotten about it. How would one go about tracking down who owns it?

Call 266-1234 and check to see if it has been stolen and abandoned. With the high number of stolen civics it could have been dumped by a car thief...

GQBalla
01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
true that - could have been stolen, dumped and the theif put a for sale on it to lowkey for a little bit.

SinisterProbeGt
01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
true that - could have been stolen, dumped and the theif put a for sale on it to lowkey for a little bit.
My thoughts exactly. I had a truck and a Prelude parked in my old neighbourhood for almost a year before the Grab van drove through and guess what. They were both stolen and left to sit with for sale signs on them.

2BLUE
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Just realize if they come check it out and tow it there goes youre chance of finding the owner. Look at the vin on the dash write it down and search it out by starting with carfax it will let you know if its stolen.

TeamBestBud
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Report it.

Originally posted by Sharpie
Success he is banned!!!

What a retard. He was starting to get on my nerves a bit.

5hift
01-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I always drive by a civic hatch that has been egged by ******* edited according to ercchry standards ******. Is this the same one? I think is purple in color.

This is a different location. Heres the weird thing... its pretty close to there ... one of the nearby convienience stores I'm not going to mention considering some of the recent comments. Is this purple civic for sale as well or missing plates? Could be some guy ditching cars in the same area. You should edit your post and not have the exact location just in case its just someone's car that hasnt moved for a while.

Heres the weird thing about the Civic... first off I cant see the VIN because the For Sale sign is placed right there. I doubt I would be able to see it anyway the way and angle they usually are placed. I didnt want to call Police because as some mentioned, the car is gone then. I dont plan on stealing it either or trying to rip off parts as some goofs starting aluding to. I'm going to take a better look at the car later and see if I can see anything else, or maybe notice if the steering column or something is broken inside. If theres no ID i'll probably just let the cops know. Maybe try to slide a letter in the car with my contact info if the guy is interested in selling if he ever gets it back.

Lastly, I personally felt DJ Dhaliwal was really annoying and desparate for friends from the way he kept asking about meets. His signatures are always the flashing variety to give one seizures and he does post whore a lot, but that said, he was still unfairly banned. Especially if you consider, a more prominent Beyonder who was not banned started those specific comments that DJ Dhaliwal just seemed to follow suit as he always does. Keep in mind I cannot see what the DJ typed that got him banned, so if it really was out of the ordinary and deserved it, then ignore this.

ercchry
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM

You should edit your post and not have the exact location just in case its just someone's car that hasnt moved for a while.

dude you quoted the location :rofl:

TeamBestBud
01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Lastly, I personally felt DJ Dhaliwal was really annoying and desparate for friends from the way he kept asking about meets. His signatures are always the flashing variety to give one seizures and he does post whore a lot, but that said, he was still unfairly banned.

:rofl: :rofl: Postwhores are very annoying *cough Ashee cough*

5hift
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

dude you quoted the location :rofl:

No I didnt, I made sure I changed the location in the quote. You probably skimmed through it too quickly.

Team_Mclaren
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Keep in mind I cannot see what the DJ typed that got him banned, so if it really was out of the ordinary and deserved it, then ignore this.

may be thats why. I didnt mean to remove his post but clicked the wrong button. either way, its fair, i dont usually ban people for being annoying.

racin_jayson
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
i'd say just report it and be done with it, if it is stolen and the cops find a note with your phone number in it, all of a sudden you're a suspect

ercchry
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM

No I didnt, I made sure I changed the location in the quote. You probably skimmed through it too quickly.

you still dont see it i mean you quoted what he sayed so in turn you quoted the location that you asked him to remove

5hift
01-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you still dont see it i mean you quoted what he sayed so in turn you quoted the location that you asked him to remove

Either your borderline retarded or I'm seeing things. Like I said, before I posted my response which included his original quote, I made sure to change what his quote said. Try reading it one more time, maybe a bit slower this time or something.

WWJAI
01-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Either your borderline retarded or I'm seeing things. Like I said, before I posted my response which included his original quote, I made sure to change what his quote said. Try reading it one more time, maybe a bit slower this time or something.

I'm with ercchy on this one, it looks like you have the original location still as '2.2vtec' did not update his post. Your just not seeing things..try looking again.

ercchry
01-29-2007, 05:52 PM

you still have the same area!! wow you changed it to 5 schools instead of the exact school wow!!!

maybe you should have just changed the LOCATION that you still had the same to something like: ******

racin_jayson
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
he changed it to: "one of the 5 schools in the area"

5hift
01-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I dont think you guys realize how large the spoken area is, and I doubt someone would prowl this entire area's schools for the possibility of finding an abondoned car. First your telling me I forgot to edit his quote, when you realize I did, now your saying I didnt edit it enough? Why dont you let me know exactly how you prefer it. :dunno:

ercchry
01-29-2007, 05:55 PM
edit:^^ you see that doesnt seem like a large area to me a large area would be something like the NE

Originally posted by racin_jayson
he changed it to: "one of the 5 schools in the area"

yeah but the area is the same thats my point :nut: :nut:

Fado
02-14-2007, 09:33 AM
:whocares: at this point.