PDA

View Full Version : rank of haskayne

RiCE-DaDDy
01-28-2007, 05:13 PM
im looking for some business school rankings. interested in seeing where haskayne school of business ranks.

pyar_deewane
01-28-2007, 05:30 PM
everyone organization who ranks them always have totally different ranks that dont even make sense:eek:

oh and last time I checked the MBA program at Haskayne was ranked like 70th(edit out of 100) best in the world...ranked by London Times or something...

just search on Google

cressida_pimpin
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
My prof told me that of the large universities Haskayne is 14 of 14

sexualbanana
01-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Let's please not have one of those Haskayne Sucks Balls threads. Like Pyar said, Haskayne's MBA is listed somewhere in the 70's. As for undergrad, I don't think I've ever come across a ranking system for any undergrad business schools.

Qeeb
01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
My prof told me that of the large universities Haskayne is 14 of 14

Not even close. In Western Canada it ranks as one of the best as their main competition comes from the east. You have Rotmans, Queen's, U of T and a couple others. I would put Haskayne in the top 5 for undergrad business programs even though no credible ranking system currently exists.

Maclean's rankings always seemed to leave some institutions miffed as to how they got their numbers and never used to rank undergraduate programs the same across the board.

Haskayne is ranked 46 in the world for MBA as of late 2006.

trieuth
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
macleans just came out with the top 100 universities or something? check that out

RiCE-DaDDy
01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I found a ranking system based on research and haskayne is ranked 107. Suprisingly, UBC is ranked 8th!!! UofT is 12, Mcgill is 28, HEC Montreal is 29th, UofA is 31, Shulich is 39, Queen's is 48th, Richard Ivey is 95th. .......UofC is 107.

http://hq.ssrn.com/Rankings/Ranking_display.cfm?TRN_gID=12&TMY_gID=2
you have to register to see them.

The rankings is based on research and I don't know how credibe it is since I can't find any ivy league schools and hardly any from the states. I thought UofC is all bout research that's why its undergrad sucks :dunno:

R-Audi
01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Qeeb

Not even close. In Western Canada it ranks as one of the best as their main competition comes from the east. You have Rotmans, Queen's, U of T and a couple others. I would put Haskayne in the top 5 for undergrad business programs even though no credible ranking system currently exists.

Maclean's rankings always seemed to leave some institutions miffed as to how they got their numbers and never used to rank undergraduate programs the same across the board.

Haskayne is ranked 46 in the world for MBA as of late 2006.

Gimme a break.. In NO WAY is Haskayne considered top 5... or even close to the Eastern counterparts. I dont care what you base it on... GO visit all of them, then see the students from each and what extra incentives each provides... then you wont be singing the Haskayne praise song anymore....

three.eighteen.
01-29-2007, 01:07 AM
these rankings are pretty stupid, goddamn academics and their need for constant validation...first they get degrees so they can sound smarter than everyone else, then they realize that other people have degrees too and have to find out which school to get a degree from to seem even smarter :banghead:

urbannomad
01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

Gimme a break.. In NO WAY is Haskayne considered top 5... or even close to the Eastern counterparts. I dont care what you base it on... GO visit all of them, then see the students from each and what extra incentives each provides... then you wont be singing the Haskayne praise song anymore....

werd..i used to go to HS out east, back in the maritimes and i wish i had gone to st. mary's rather than uofc, hopefully i can transfer next year. sobeys is so much better than haskayne, UofC is one cocky university if you think about it, but they can't back up there "quality education" back east they actually have people with experience teaching....the only guy from haskayne that is just like that, would be sadrehashami, who is a kickass prof btw.

AsianCaucasian
01-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad

werd..i used to go to HS out east, back in the maritimes and i wish i had gone to st. mary's rather than uofc, hopefully i can transfer next year. sobeys is so much better than haskayne, UofC is one cocky university if you think about it, but they can't back up there "quality education" back east they actually have people with experience teaching....the only guy from haskayne that is just like that, would be sadrehashami, who is a kickass prof btw.

I'd say there's a few more quality teachers than just him, but I agree, most of the people teaching in Haskayne are tools. If you ever have a chance to take a course with Ray Joyce, TAKE IT.