PDA

View Full Version : Plowing into a deer in a residential area and then leaving the scene.

88CRX
01-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Just on my way home and as I was driving through a residential area (speed limit 50) there were 3 deer ahead. So we slow down and eventually have to stop as 2 of them are just fucking standing in the middle of the road. Just as we stop this deuce bag coming in the other direction (BTW, it was a black Sunfire, late 90's generation) who isnt slowing down or anything just fucking plows through the one deer that was basicly standing still in the middle of the damn road. I dont know where the hell the driver was looking but they never slowed down the slightest bit. The deer goes bumper, hood, windsheild and then 15' in the air. This of coarse all just happend 2 feet from our car so we were freakin out... we hop out and the fucker has drove off already. The deer's one leg is just mangled and the cars mirror is sitting in the road. Now there was 10+ people standing around that all saw this (they were watching the deer). The kids that saw it said the car was totaled and the windsheild was smashed in.

So we call the cops and of course they come out 20 minutes later, the deer is long gone, the car is long gone. The fucker drove off, the other people that were standing around said he never hit the brakes once.

We were just wondering can you get charged with hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident for something like that. Cause there's not a chance in hell you'd be getting that car repaired by any bodyshop with a police report with that much damage.

The Cosworth
01-28-2007, 10:51 PM
what a dick! Any car shop will make it have a sticker.

I am not sure but a reckless driving ticket sounds about right

Si_FlyGuy
01-28-2007, 10:52 PM
That's insane!:eek:

WWJAI
01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
What area did this happen in?

Hopefully a beyonder lives near this asshole and recognizes a bashed up sunfire near them.

z1_bam
01-28-2007, 11:05 PM
if you can get a ticket for hitting an animal then I'd be in jail many times over... the nice thing to do is call fish and wildlife and tell them theres a hurt animal near the road

EK 2.0
01-28-2007, 11:10 PM
wow...I feel bad for the kids who saw bambi get maimed...

jcrules99
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

ahhhhhh i feel bad for laughing!

Cy2k1
01-28-2007, 11:14 PM
i've hitten a deer once back in SK. the deer ran along side my car and it ran into the driver front side of my car. :banghead: this was on the highway too. Luckily i was jus enterin the highway from a rural road and goin about 60km/h or else i woulda fishtailed into the semi that was passin by. A trucker passin by stopped and asked what happened. I told him the story and he jus finished off the deer by snappin it's neck then tossin it on the side of the ditch. Told me to jus go and fix the car.

I was scared as fuck at that point so i called the police just so i wouldn't be charged with hit and run. Cops just came and checked the scene out and then said it wasn't a big issue then left.

Took the car to the body shop and got it fixed without the police sticker with damages being around $4k. But that was back in a town though so im not sure but the fucker in the pontiac needs to get a police sticker prob.

Shoulda gotten deer insurance like they offer in SK! haha :thumbsup:

88CRX
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
What area did this happen in?

Hopefully a beyonder lives near this asshole and recognizes a bashed up sunfire near them.

It was SE Calgary by Fish Creek Park.

Yea no kidding.... there were seriously atleast 10 people standing around that definately saw it. Atleast the deer didnt get smashed open or anything, looked like just the busted leg.

Alpine Autowerks
01-28-2007, 11:31 PM
its not hit and run ...no personal property was involved

same thing for pets that run in front of your car.

brandon
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
There is always deer in that area too.. anyone who drives there should know that.

88CRX
01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

Hmm, so how does it work when you go to a body shop?

How does the body shop know you hit a deer as opposed to a person?

And whether or not the person had to stop or not they should have... they were probably hamered or something since they never flinched.

Alpine Autowerks
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
you have to go to a police station and make a report, show the damage..etc. they will look for fur in the damaged area . they just want to make sure there is no criminal hit and run then they will issue a damage sticker .

GTS Jeff
01-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Fuckin J-bodies... :guns: :guns: :guns:

The Cosworth
01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by z1_bam
if you can get a ticket for hitting an animal then I'd be in jail many times over... the nice thing to do is call fish and wildlife and tell them theres a hurt animal near the road

I think its different though, if you deliberately run it over (as in didn't even try to stop for it) and you don't stop to see if its ok/call F&W then I would think you would get in shit

Chester
01-29-2007, 01:27 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm going to hell for laughing at this and for laughing at the play-by-play description in the orginal post.

2EFNFAST
01-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

It is hit and run (or a variation of); there's some widlife statue that protects deer, moose, etc.. from vehicular assault (or some wording that basically makes it a crime to hit it and leave it w/o reporting it.)

95EagleAWD
01-29-2007, 01:38 AM
We hit a deer at work once... didn't kill it. It was out by Whitecourt, so we called the RCMP and asked if we could shoot it with our sidearms... they said to wait, they'll send a car out.

So this poor bastard is dying... and the cop gets there like 20 minutes later. She looks at it, says "I hate this... I don't want to shoot it." She pulls out her 9mm, aims, pulls the trigger. Pfftt! Right in the dirt next to it's head. I couldn't believe it. She aims again.... fucking bullet hits him RIGHT IN THE JAW! She looks at us and I'm like "gimme that." So I take her gun, look at the poor bastard and with one shot on a gun I've never fired before, stick a 9mm slug right between his eyes.

I would have figured 14 tons of armoured truck would do the job, but apparently not. :thumbsdow

Whitetiger
01-29-2007, 02:10 AM
that's sad

nadroj23
01-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
We hit a deer at work once... didn't kill it. It was out by Whitecourt, so we called the RCMP and asked if we could shoot it with our sidearms... they said to wait, they'll send a car out.

So this poor bastard is dying... and the cop gets there like 20 minutes later. She looks at it, says "I hate this... I don't want to shoot it." She pulls out her 9mm, aims, pulls the trigger. Pfftt! Right in the dirt next to it's head. I couldn't believe it. She aims again.... fucking bullet hits him RIGHT IN THE JAW! She looks at us and I'm like "gimme that." So I take her gun, look at the poor bastard and with one shot on a gun I've never fired before, stick a 9mm slug right between his eyes.

I would have figured 14 tons of armoured truck would do the job, but apparently not. :thumbsdow

LOL wow some cop. cant even shoot a non moving animal. You would think that would do the job.....those trucks are huge..

topmade
01-29-2007, 09:10 AM
She pulls out her 9mm, aims, pulls the trigger. Pfftt! Right in the dirt next to it's head. I couldn't believe it. She aims again.... fucking bullet hits him RIGHT IN THE JAW!

:rofl: :rofl: man that's hilarious, did she have her eye's closed when making these shots?

The Cosworth
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM

I bet if her supervisor knew she gave you her sidearm she would get in major shit

im2fst4u
01-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Just a thought.....maybe the asshole thought he had hit a person....got scared....took off and is now sitting at home freakin and watching the news!
:eek:

Whatever the case may be, I would never leave an animal to die weather I had hit it or someone else.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

eb0i
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM

This reminds me of the scene with the cow in "Me, Myself & Irene" :rofl:

She gave you her gun? Is she even allowed to do that?

QuasarCav
01-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

This reminds me of the scene with the cow in "Me, Myself & Irene" :rofl:

She gave you her gun? Is she even allowed to do that?

Not a chance, isn't that pretty much instant termination.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Not a chance, isn't that pretty much instant termination.

Most likely. However, I suspect he's referring to when he was working as an armored truck driver, and thus was licensed to use a handgun anyway. Bit of a gray area for the policewoman, she probably just didn't tell anyone.

tentacles
01-29-2007, 12:11 PM
That's why you should always keep a piece in your ride yo', much easier than having to beat the deer to death with your tire iron. :guns: :thumbsup:

Seriously, even if this guy didn't break any laws, the fact that he sped off after basically totalling his car should raise some flags.

Porsche vs bird:

http://lh6.google.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/RbygFGdB3AI/AAAAAAAABLI/EnKEEGCasCs/s1600/Carscoop_TSbird_1.jpg
http://lh6.google.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/RbyfrGdB29I/AAAAAAAABKw/MO9hvl595uU/s1600/Carscoop_TSbird_2.jpg
http://lh3.google.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/RbyfwWdB2_I/AAAAAAAABLA/uHbUgAaOhbc/s1600/Carscoop_TSbird_4.jpg
http://lh6.google.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/RbyfwGdB2-I/AAAAAAAABK4/DLu1aHvOh9k/s1600/Carscoop_TSbird_3.jpg

TeamBestBud
01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Chester

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm going to hell for laughing at this and for laughing at the play-by-play description in the orginal post.

I thought I was the only one that laughed at the play-by-play:rofl:

:rofl: They should've just gave you the go-ahead in the first place haha.

shadowz
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Yea right by my parents house same thing, one time i was driving a truck looked down for one second and looked up and deer was running in front of me and my bumper just clipped it but it kept running, night time especially you have to watch out for them

95EagleAWD
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Most likely. However, I suspect he's referring to when he was working as an armored truck driver, and thus was licensed to use a handgun anyway. Bit of a gray area for the policewoman, she probably just didn't tell anyone.

Absolutely. We can't use our guns because it's technically poaching. Police Officers are exempt from most firearms laws, and lets face it, the poor thing was gonna die anyways. Might as well make it quick. Except she didn't....

95EagleAWD
01-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

I bet if her supervisor knew she gave you her sidearm she would get in major shit

Without doubt. But really, who cares?

QuasarCav
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Without doubt. But really, who cares?

You made the right choice. I would rather have the animal put out of it's misery than to debate the legality of it on the side of the road.

95EagleAWD
01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

You made the right choice. I would rather have the animal put out of it's misery than to debate the legality of it on the side of the road.

Thanks.

Nice wheel in your avatar, too. Zanardi NSX. :drool:

stevo 27
01-29-2007, 07:57 PM
well its actully considered hit and run
it happened to me but i got rammed by a buck
slowed down for 2 they crossed so i start to go again
and look at my passanger side and all i see is this retarded deer running full tilt right into my door smashes the passanger window
throws the car to the left rolls down the side of my car wrecked
both my passanger doors mirror and window
bambi sucks