PDA

View Full Version : Scam Or Wicked Deal

pyar_deewane
01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
so last week I was on the computer at the uni...when this guy asks for directions...then he's like

HIM: hey i got a company and was wondering where r u from...

ME: I am from xxx..

HIM: oh cuz i was interested in setting up a firm in xxx....

...so then he gives me his card and tells me he is going to call me...I check out his website seems pretty legit...its like a nutrition company...and tonight i got the call from him saying he wants to meet with me...so I am having a meeting with him...do u think its a scam...I had a similar experience about a month ago..but the guy never called back:confused:

have you had similar experiences and what was the outcome?

KuruptEX
01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
hmmmm well im confused how can this be a scam whats happening
ur getting a job?

Hakkola
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
When I was working at the mall last year, in a period of about 2 months I had 6 different guys come up to me who were in the supplements/nutrition business, they always wanted to meet up and discuss business. I never did, probably some shady shit going on.

pyar_deewane
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
well i just dont know....why would this guy just happen to ask me about a job when he has his own firm...maybe its one of those invest money scams...so i might not go if sumone with similar experience has sum input

adam c
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
scam
pyramid scheme

pyar_deewane
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
could u share why u think its a pyramaid scheme please

ercchry
01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
i still dont know what you are talking about but its pretty simple

you give him money = scam
he gives you money/supplies= maybe not scam

adam c
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
yes u sell nutrients etc, but the real money comes when u bring in people beneath u and then u share in their profits

Chris101
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by adam c
yes u sell nutrients etc, but the real money comes when u bring in people beneath u and then u share in their profits

Exactley.

I had a guy approach me at a bar asking if I wanted to be a "partner" in a new business venture. Basically he makes money off everything I sell, everything people I refer sell, everything people they refer sell, etc.

Classic pyramid scam, except they have added nutritional supplements as a layer to make it less obvious.

Palmiros
01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
scam scam scam

The Cosworth
01-29-2007, 12:07 AM
BS Scam, like everyone said Pyramid scheme

I have gone to two of these meetings and blown the guy out of the water by asking too many questions and then using his answers against him.

i am kinda sick that way, i think its funny watching people who are lying try to keep doing it

Whitetiger
01-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
BS Scam, like everyone said Pyramid scheme

I have gone to two of these meetings and blown the guy out of the water by asking too many questions and then using his answers against him.

i am kinda sick that way, i think its funny watching people who are lying try to keep doing it

Don't even waste your life with these people.

Just a waste of brain cells even talking to these clowns, these people are so fake you can stuff them in Pamela Anderson's breast.

DannyO
01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
So you just met him?, he got your number?, and now your meeting up?, ......if he takes out some Astroglide......RUN

pyar_deewane
01-29-2007, 01:31 AM
whats a astroglide...lol ....well i checked out his website...but i forgot i will check it out again...im meeting him at a coffee shop...but i think im going to cancel

Dj Dhaliwal
01-29-2007, 01:38 AM
its called quixtar or something
its a scam
unless u bring ppl underneath u
trusth me
its gay

hussein
01-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane
whats a astroglide...lol ....well i checked out his website...but i forgot i will check it out again...im meeting him at a coffee shop...but i think im going to cancel

Make him buy you lunch or something.

ercchry
01-29-2007, 02:00 AM
whats a astroglide...lol ....

you dont get out much do you?

Cowtown_Raider
01-29-2007, 02:00 AM
is it Shaklee?

Anyone who approaches you like that is recruiting you to be his downline....be a part of his network in a Multi Level Marketing (MLM) group. There's MLM for pretty much anything now...financial services is a big one, but supplements as well. Just be cautious even sitting down for a chat because they can be VERY persuasive and play on your dreams of wealth and financial freedom. I wish I had someone tell me this 15 years ago :(

pyar_deewane
01-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by hussein

Make him buy you lunch or something.

lol u really think i should....that would be pretty funny...i order all this food and sit through a pointless meeting and them be like oh yeah i gotta go...nice meeting u....and thanks for the food lol:thumbsup:

jcrules99
01-29-2007, 02:21 AM
haha some fag approached me in the mall, said his shit, and asked for my number, i said i dont have a cell and he said oh your house number will be fine, i said why not just give me your number? and he said this venture is based on trust, if you cant trust me i dont think i can do business with you, so then i said haha no i just dont trust some fag trying to pick me up in the mall, go sell your "nutrients" somewhere else, and he got really offended and shit hahahaha

Whitetiger
01-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
is it Shaklee?

Anyone who approaches you like that is recruiting you to be his downline....be a part of his network in a Multi Level Marketing (MLM) group. There's MLM for pretty much anything now...financial services is a big one, but supplements as well. Just be cautious even sitting down for a chat because they can be VERY persuasive and play on your dreams of wealth and financial freedom. I wish I had someone tell me this 15 years ago :(
Did you get scammed 15 years ago?

toyboy88
01-29-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by adam c
scam
pyramid scheme

:werd: 'nuff said

Euro838
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Some of these people are relentless...I figure that camping out in areas where students frequent are easy targets. When I was in high school, even one of my teachers was trying to push this stuff. I should have said something to the CBE.

Anyways, I was at Costco a few weeks ago grabbing lunch and there was a guy that approached with a pyramid investment scam, anyways, after having some fun with him by discussing "personal" issues with him, he figured he's not going to make any money off me and stopped his spiel. When I left Costco after my shopping, I saw him there going after another person. I just don't know how these people do it! Anyways, the only way you'll get in on anything good these days is if you are well connected with people you know and trust. Strangers are not about to help you out without totally taking advantage of you! Probably the only strangers you can trust may be the family of Beyond!

The Cosworth
01-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Dj Dhaliwal
its called quixtar or something
its a scam
unless u bring ppl underneath u
trusth me
its gay

Quickstar

Is it a 35 -40 year old balding guy, alright shape with glasses

I met him in crowfoot a couple years a go.

He was one of the guys who I made buy me coffee, the other was an echinetia (sp) guy

EnRich
01-29-2007, 09:40 AM
It is a MLM scam like everyone else is telling you... Same as World Financial... I say. make him take you out to dinner or lunch, order whatever you want from the menu, enjoy yourself, make him eat the tab of course, leave him thinking your interested, and be done with it... simple.... Dont just blow him off, this is a learning experiance for you... You wouldnt be on here asking beyond if you wern't some what curious to the situation... It'll only take an hour of your time, and you get to see the worst salesman for hire in Calgary. The ones that can't even get a job at a car lot ;) heh joking guys! ;)

nos_efx
01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Young guy came up to me in Chinook mall last month and wanted a partner for his lilttle venture in supplements..... I took his card and threw it into the trash....

He goes back to the top of the escalators and resumes his quest for more victims....

DepTrotter
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \

/\
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \

msommers
01-29-2007, 04:36 PM
My theory: If you have a question like this, it usually doesn't benefit you.

hussein
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Yea, come to think of it, sometimes i will actually listen to alot of these people talk because every time I pick up a few pointers, about how to sell my self better.

Mr. Burns
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
if you have to post on a message board asking if something is a scam or not.... you probably already know the answer to the question.

2BLUE
01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Just go kill time just dont pay for anything. Don't be rude but not nice just civil.

Mazstyle
01-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Pyramid for sure. Run.

5hift
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Heres what usually deters me. If some you had some great plan or strategy to make money, why would you be in a mall approaching random strangers to recruit them. No one wants to share their money with a "partner".

As Danny-O reccomended, if you see atrsoglide, or if turns out to be a group of men wanting to do the meeting in a seedy hotel room, I would run.

More seriously though, I wouldnt even waste time meeting up, I doubt someone like this would even spend decent coin at a restaurant to sucker you in. He's probably going to meet you at a Timmies and then pitch some crap to you.

A790
01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
so last week I was on the computer at the uni...when this guy asks for directions...then he's like

HIM: hey i got a company and was wondering where r u from...

ME: I am from xxx..

HIM: oh cuz i was interested in setting up a firm in xxx....

...so then he gives me his card and tells me he is going to call me...I check out his website seems pretty legit...its like a nutrition company...and tonight i got the call from him saying he wants to meet with me...so I am having a meeting with him...do u think its a scam...I had a similar experience about a month ago..but the guy never called back:confused:

have you had similar experiences and what was the outcome?

Melaleuca perhaps?

Despite what everyone here is saying, if it's an MLM it's not a "scam" necessarily. If you're comfortable building a "team" of people below you and can handle it then go for it. If your looking for a straight sales job, move on...

kaput
01-29-2007, 05:51 PM