PDA

View Full Version : do i need a banff pass to park at sunshine?

marko polo
01-29-2007, 03:24 AM
just wondering if anyone knows if i need to buy a banff park pass if im only going to sunshine village to snowboard and park my car for the day?

Whitetiger
01-29-2007, 03:26 AM
You're actually going into Banff = need a Banff pass.

dam_guy
01-29-2007, 03:40 AM
just drive right on through to sunshine.
waste of money to pay for an entry if your just going to sunshine.
almost certain they will not check the sunshine parking lot.

marko polo
01-29-2007, 03:59 AM
thats what im thinking, but technically sunshine is in banff national park, sure hope i dont need one cause it would suck to come out after a long day of boarding and see that my car has been towed:confused:

GTS Jeff
01-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by dam_guy
just drive right on through to sunshine.
waste of money to pay for an entry if your just going to sunshine.
almost certain they will not check the sunshine parking lot. WRONG. STFU so you don't end up costing people $150 tickets, or even a towed car.

I've seen them checking for park passes in the morning as cars line up to park at Sunshine, I've seen them walking around the parking lot, I've received a warning ticket myself, I've heard of people getting cars towed from the Lake...basically all the things that point towards covering your ass.

Marko Polo, if you want to save some cash, stop at the gas station before the park gates and they'll sell day passes for a bit cheaper. I think it's a Husky or something...

dam_guy
01-29-2007, 04:15 AM
been out to sunshine few times this season. must be of been an unlucky one.

GTS Jeff
01-29-2007, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by dam_guy
been out to sunshine few times this season. must be of been an unlucky one. I've been going to Sunshine and Louise on a regular basis for the past 8 seasons...most of the time they don't check, but if they do, you can really get screwed. I consider myself lucky for only getting a warning ticket the one time.

marko polo
01-29-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
WRONG. STFU so you don't end up costing people $150 tickets, or even a towed car.

I've seen them checking for park passes in the morning as cars line up to park at Sunshine, I've seen them walking around the parking lot, I've received a warning ticket myself, I've heard of people getting cars towed from the Lake...basically all the things that point towards covering your ass.

Marko Polo, if you want to save some cash, stop at the gas station before the park gates and they'll sell day passes for a bit cheaper. I think it's a Husky or something...

is the gas station in canmore or after?

MrSector9
01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah just buy the $18 pass or whatever it costs..... it turns into the same thing as people trying to save money by not paying a $2.25 ctrain ticket and then getting busted.

Sure you might get away with it for a year... but at some point your luck will run out.

R!zz0
01-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by MrSector9

Sure you might get away with it for a year... but at some point your luck will run out.

True, I never pay to get in and i have been doing that for almost 14 yrs now. I know i'll get caught one day. :(

snowboard
01-29-2007, 09:32 AM
dont get fuckeddd
get a pass haha.

Lex350
01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Get the pass...they do check the parking lots on the ski hills.

codetrap
01-29-2007, 09:42 AM

eb0i
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
You might as well pay the $78 and buy a year pass.. that way you'll get unrestricted access to every national park, and be supporting a ton of good parks programs. Plus you get some good coupons, and the ability to stop in banff and get gas.

You're not even allowed to enter banff without a pass.. I've seen the cops stopping everyone right inside town and checking for passes multiple times. They just assume that you're going to be stopping if you enter town, which is reasonable.

Where can I get a year pass from?

HHURICANE1
01-29-2007, 11:18 AM
^ They sell them at the park gates.

eb0i
01-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
^ They sell them at the park gates.

dino_martini
01-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

Where can I get a year pass from?

Mountain Equipment Coop sells them

They can be found on ebay for a discount aswell.

shadowz
01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes you do, my friends have gotten lots of tickets not bringing a pass, they also check at the entrace of sunshine sometimes and make you buy the day pass there

EnRich
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
You might as well pay the $78 and buy a year pass.. that way you'll get unrestricted access to every national park, and be supporting a ton of good parks programs. Plus you get some good coupons, and the ability to stop in banff and get gas.

You're not even allowed to enter banff without a pass.. I've seen the cops stopping everyone right inside town and checking for passes multiple times. They just assume that you're going to be stopping if you enter town, which is reasonable.

Thats fuckin gay. I remember last year we drove up to the Fairmount Hot Springs, two car loads, and we needed to stop for a piss break in Banff. That woulda been gay to get tickets even though we were only taking a pit stop. The chicks wouldnt pee outside, so we had to go into Banff.

Isaiah
01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
I think if you're driving through, you don't need it (for instance if you're going to Kicking Horse or into BC) and I don't think if you're stopping for gas it's a big deal. It's the people that actually park and spend time in the park, either shopping in Banff, or skiing/snowboarding that should definitely be buying the pass. given the return on investment, I think $70 for the annual pass is a terrific deal.

codetrap
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM

95EagleAWD
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Just an FYI, it's not Banff but it's Jasper... Marmot Basin will never, EVER tow or allow a car to be towed from their lot. Pretty bad publicity if you came back to find your car is gone and you have no way down the mountain. But they will ticket you.

I would imagine it's the exact same thing with Sunshine and Lake Louise.

lilmira
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
The group pass is about 120 I think. A single pass will work as long as they don't check your pass with any passenger in it.