PDA

View Full Version : Battery lights on dash

messiah0
01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
There are two colored battery lights on the dash cluster, one orange and one red. Whats the difference between the two? The red one only comes on when my key is in the acc position, but when I start the car the orange one comes on. Lately I've been having troubles with the battery dying after a couple of days of not driving the car. Does the orange battery light mean that theres something wrong with the charging system (ie alternator)?

Thanks

Slashin_
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
if its alternator when u drive you should die on your way to point B
Reason: alternator charges your battery so if alternator is died you can only use whatever energy left in batter

if its batter youll have a hard time starting,often needs boost,but when started it runs fine

Reason:battery will not hold charge there fore have hard time start,but when started alt. will charge battery so it cycles..

sounds like batter go to crappy tire,and they will test your battery for free

have no idea about your lights thou

messiah0
01-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I just bought a brand new red top so I don't think its the battery. But I do make it to point b without the car dying.

jdm_eg6
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
ALTERNATOR, or battery

GO get your battery tested. or check the current. if your over 12V closer to 13 or a lil over your alternator is good. if bellow your alternator may be bad..

jvillain
01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Make sure all your cables are in good shape especially your ground points. Also check that your battery clamps are clean.

Ek9Max
01-31-2007, 02:23 AM
I had a simliar problem. ended up beign the alternator.