PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience at Crowfoot Village Honda

freshprince
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey all, I don't want to slander anyone, but be cautious if buying a used car at Crowfoort Village Honda.

I ended up putting a deposit on a car I won't mention (2001 "Missan Naxima ") because it was an awesome price for a sweet ride. I wasn't able to get to see it for a week and a half, firstly because it was "loaned out by the manager" then it was a a Nissan Dealership to get something fixed, then because my schedule conflicted. I was told they had no idea what the history was on it, but that it was a trade in for a new car.

After finally driving it, it seemed decent, and I was going to buy it. But i had a funny feeling I should check it out. So I did a background check and looked into it more. It turns out that they had actually sold it to some other lady, and then bought it back because of mechanical problems.

Now it should be mentioned that I did get a prompt refund when I said I was no longer interested. But it just goes to show that the number one rule in car shopping is that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Upon writing this article the whole things seems a little trivial now, but I sure wasn't happy that they were lying to me when they said they didn't know the history, or anyting else but that it "is one nice vehicle in top notch condition."

Hopefully they fix the problem for future buyers. Do your homewrok guys, happy hunting.

hjr
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
how did you do this homework? if you dont mind my asking

MrPid
01-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by freshprince
Hey all, I don't want to slander anyone, but be cautious if buying a used car at Crowfoort Village Honda.

I ended up putting a deposit on a car I won't mention (2001 "Missan Naxima ") because it was an awesome price for a sweet ride. I wasn't able to get to see it for a week and a half, firstly because it was "loaned out by the manager" then it was a a Nissan Dealership to get something fixed, then because my schedule conflicted. I was told they had no idea what the history was on it, but that it was a trade in for a new car.

After finally driving it, it seemed decent, and I was going to buy it. But i had a funny feeling I should check it out. So I did a background check and looked into it more. It turns out that they had actually sold it to some other lady, and then bought it back because of mechanical problems.

Now it should be mentioned that I did get a prompt refund when I said I was no longer interested. But it just goes to show that the number one rule in car shopping is that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Upon writing this article the whole things seems a little trivial now, but I sure wasn't happy that they were lying to me when they said they didn't know the history, or anyting else but that it "is one nice vehicle in top notch condition."

Hopefully they fix the problem for future buyers. Do your homewrok guys, happy hunting.

So let me see if I get this. You talked to a car salesman that had no idea of the history of the car (which seems plausible given the number of cars on the lot). The car was out for repairs because somebody (perhaps not your salesman) at the dealership was aware of problems and felt it necessary that it was repaired before selling it to another customer (how terrible of them). And the dealership had done the right thing by buying back the car from the woman and having it repaired? You picked up the car and it drove and looked good to you but you still didn't want it even though it had no readily apparent flaws. So they promptly gave you a refund when it was clear you weren't interested.

Then you go on a very public forum and start a thread entitled "Bad Experience..."

So just out of curiosity...what part was the Bad Experience part? Seems to me from your own words that they were very fair with you...maybe the dealership has some grounds to accuse you of slander...

Is this the first time you've ever dealt with a car dealership?

The Cosworth
01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MrPid

So let me see if I get this. You talked to a car salesman that had no idea of the history of the car (which seems plausible given the number of cars on the lot). The car was out for repairs because somebody (perhaps not your salesman) at the dealership was aware of problems and felt it necessary that it was repaired before selling it to another customer (how terrible of them). And the dealership had done the right thing by buying back the car from the woman and having it repaired? You picked up the car and it drove and looked good to you but you still didn't want it even though it had no readily apparent flaws. So they promptly gave you a refund when it was clear you weren't interested.

Then you go on a very public forum and start a thread entitled "Bad Experience..."

So just out of curiosity...what part was the Bad Experience part? Seems to me from your own words that they were very fair with you...maybe the dealership has some grounds to accuse you of slander...

although that is a little harsher than i would have put it, i must agree

maybe calling it a word of warning or something would be better

Isaiah
01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
My mom bought her CRV at Crowfoot Village and had a terrific experience. Mind you it was a brand new vehicle, not pre-owned.

hjr
01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by freshprince

he is basically saying that you should do your homework? why are you on the side of the dealer pawning off a shit car???

anyways, to my original q???

_wrx_
01-31-2007, 11:14 PM
go to honda west best in calgary!

marko polo
01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by _wrx_
go to honda west best in calgary!

thats a joke!, honda west is shit never go there especially for USED cars

MrPid
02-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by hjr

he is basically saying that you should do your homework? why are you on the side of the dealer pawning off a shit car???

anyways, to my original q???

How about YOU pay attention first before you do your homework (or post). He started a thread called "Bad Experience..." when he clearly didn't have one. Where in that thread title does it say "Do your homework..."? Yeah...can't find it can you.

Secondly, it's not a shit car (by his own admission) or did you miss that part too?

Why don't you take the time to actually read the posts next time before you respond to them...

Jackc
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by marko polo

thats a joke!, honda west is shit never go there especially for USED cars

Why is that? Dealerships don't really get to decide what cars they recieve for trade ins. I'm sure all used cars get looked over carefully as they would at any other dealership and have any problems dealt with (such as the case with the maxima).

pyar_deewane
02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jackc

Why is that? Dealerships don't really get to decide what cars they recieve for trade ins. I'm sure all used cars get looked over carefully as they would at any other dealership and have any problems dealt with (such as the case with the maxima).

of course they get to decide....dealers say either yes we will take it in or no we wont...depending on the car...plus Honda West is terrible...there was a thread a few months back about them having a Honda S2000 for sale....problem was that the car was salvaged like two times and was from America...not only them hiding that it was a clean title....they sold it for 31K...thats a ripoff price for the km's and the year it was....I went there and asked them about the S2000 during that time...they said they sold it to a fellow salesmen...and that it was a clear title...what a bunch of liars

n1zm0
02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Jackc

not all cars at the used car lot are from trade ins..

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 02:37 PM
It's a USED car, buyer beware.

If everyone would stick to their grounds and (or have money) to buy brand new cars every 5-6 years, then it'll put these shady used car lots out of business.

freshprince
02-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MrPid

The bad expereince part comes where they lied to me when I asked if they knew the history at all, of the car. They said no, that it was a trade in for a new car, and seemed to forget the part about already having sold it once, and having to buy it back because of problems.

I don't care that there were problems, its a machince, I know it needs a little maintenance. But I don't appreciate being lied to. It's not my first time dealing with a dealership, but this is the reason I usually stay away from them.

Sorry if you took my title too harsh, but being lied to it a bad experience for me.

Jackc
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
It's a USED car, buyer beware.

Thats more like what I was getting at. I guess I should have worded it a little better.

I meant to say that they ARE used cars, and even if they look allright and have clean titles, whos to say they havent been bagged to shit for years at a time?

Since they are used you can't expect every car to be perfect
:dunno:

cressida_pimpin
02-01-2007, 04:23 PM
If you're buying a used car from anywhere, even a dealership, take it to a trusted mechanic for an inspection. A family member bought a used car from a dealership with a "warranty" and the tranny went a week later. Somehow we ended up splitting the bill 50/50:dunno:

Jackc
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane

I went there and asked them about the S2000 during that time...they said they sold it to a fellow salesmen...and that it was a clear title...what a bunch of liars

It WAS sold to a salesman...I know him personally.

Once the real history of the car showed up AFTER purchase by the salesman, honda west did give him a full refund since they did not know the history at the time either.

Honda west still has the s2k, and is not for sale at the moment as far as I know. Just to clarify, honda west did not knowingly sell a salvaged vehicle. :drama: