PDA

View Full Version : Darwin award nomination

benyl
05-23-2003, 02:39 PM
So I went over to the Petro Canada building for lunch today. We sat down and ate by the windows on 5 ave.

As I looked out, there was a Ford Escape being towed. The tow truck was one of those bigger ones (not a 1 ton) that had a flat bed. He as just "towing" the escape on to the back as we sat down. It looked like the vehicle was being towed for being parked at the bus stop (right in front of the bench). Fair enough, it makes sense. Tow the bonehead.

While the tow man was securing the Escape to the back of his truck, some dude in a VW Jetta parks behind him. He puts on his blinkers and runs into the building. I didn't think anything of it. Acutally, I thought that maybe the Escape was a POS and broke down.

Once done securing the vehicle, the tow man start playing with the regular tow mechanism (you know, the one that they put on your front wheels to lift a normal 2wd car). I thought, weird maybe he puts that up verticle so the Escape falls off the back. Nope. He extends it and leaves it on the ground. so I am like WTF. He then starts walking toward the drivers door of the Jetta. He opens it, sits in it, puts it in Drive and moves it forward.

He then hooks it up and tows the mofo away!

I can't believe that anyone would leave their car running on the street, park at a bus stop, behind a tow truck. That was the easiest tow I have ever seen!

He had a box full of files in the back and other stuff. What a retard. Some people are just morons.

B17a
05-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by benyl
So I went over to the Petro Canada building for lunch today. We sat down and ate by the windows on 5 ave.

As I looked out, there was a Ford Escape being towed. The tow truck was one of those bigger ones (not a 1 ton) that had a flat bed. He as just "towing" the escape on to the back as we sat down. It looked like the vehicle was being towed for being parked at the bus stop (right in front of the bench). Fair enough, it makes sense. Tow the bonehead.

While the tow man was securing the Escape to the back of his truck, some dude in a VW Jetta parks behind him. He puts on his blinkers and runs into the building. I didn't think anything of it. Acutally, I thought that maybe the Escape was a POS and broke down.

Once done securing the vehicle, the tow man start playing with the regular tow mechanism (you know, the one that they put on your front wheels to lift a normal 2wd car). I thought, weird maybe he puts that up verticle so the Escape falls off the back. Nope. He extends it and leaves it on the ground. so I am like WTF. He then starts walking toward the drivers door of the Jetta. He opens it, sits in it, puts it in Drive and moves it forward.

I can't believe that anyone would leave their car running on the street, park at a bus stop, behind a tow truck. That was the easiest tow I have ever seen!

He had a box full of files in the back and other stuff. What a retard. Some people are just morons.

I'm speechless to such stupidity. I once saw a guy right near Petro Can too double park at a bus stop during rush hour when you're not allowed to stop in the inside lane. Needless to say his ass was towed about 4 minutes later!

mwmhong
05-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by benyl

LMFAO! There's ALWAYS room for one more! :clap:

Team_Mclaren
05-23-2003, 05:47 PM
HAHAHAH

4wheeldrift
05-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Bet he was confused when he got out of the building :rofl:

Sakattack
05-23-2003, 10:43 PM
one of the best stories i've heard so far...

IDiOM
05-24-2003, 12:05 AM
OMG. Hah. That is just classic. That is totally a good story.

haha.

Kamen
05-24-2003, 12:31 AM
hahahahahahaha...i wonder what the expression on his face was

+AsiaN+
05-24-2003, 12:34 AM
hahahaha that's funny! that guy with the VW musta been choked