PDA

View Full Version : best place to get wind/rear shield repaired?

cityhunter2501
01-31-2007, 10:35 PM
the previous owner of my car replaced the windshield and the rear, but you can see its been poorly sealed.

whenever I car wash it, it leaks somewhere in the top right corner of the windshield (passenger side). and from outside you can see where it feels like its not properly sealed.

wheres the best place to get this fixed and how much would it cost?

GQBalla
01-31-2007, 11:15 PM
earl earl earl..... *TSK *TSK was it that methane gas leak in your car after pho last friday???

ill fix it for you with the best stuff ever duct tape!!!

i would just suggest any auto glass place. never had any work done before.

cityhunter2501
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
earl earl earl..... *TSK *TSK was it that methane gas leak in your car after pho last friday???

ill fix it for you with the best stuff ever duct tape!!!

i would just suggest any auto glass place. never had any work done before.
lol yo..I saw some brown stain on the back seat earlier today..go clean that crap friday :rofl:

gonna try some glass work, but just curious how much will I be spending for it

Isaiah
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Payless Auto Glass. The name speaks volumes. Look them up (non-sponsor so can't post details). Great work and prices are substantially lower than everyone else in the city.

Afrodeziak
02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
crystal glass, center stree, they'll take care of you.

eur0
02-01-2007, 02:59 AM
horton auto glass behind safeway on horton road...great group of staff...i think its like $28 for a universal seal or $60 for an oem one...something like that

soupey
02-01-2007, 03:01 AM
got mine done for relatively cheap at moores autoglass

ninspeed
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by eur0
horton auto glass behind safeway on horton road...great group of staff...i think its like $28 for a universal seal or $60 for an oem one...something like that
Its called cal alta, Horton is the bodyshop next door.

All that needs to be done, is the rear glass removed, have the uretahane cut out and clean up the channel, and reinstall.

This problem happens 2 ways; the rear glass was removed for paint during a hail job, or what not, and the old urethane was not cut out before reinstall. 2nd, is there is body damage that was not fixed, or sealed properly.

cityhunter2501
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
cool thanks for the help guys, will call those places and see how much it will cost.